Football Championship Subdivision discussions
Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: WEBER STATE
A.K.A.: WILDCAT, WILDCATFAN

BSC Predictions Sept 16th 2017 (Week 3)

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

A week with two play ups, two non conference games against conference foes, and two more BSC vs MVFC games.

Eastern Washington @ Fordham- Eastern travels to the other side of the country and gets their first win. At least they better hope they do.

Eastern Washington Eagles- 40
Fordham Rams- 20

Northern Colorado @ Colorado- The Bears are going into this game well rested.......and rusty.

Northern Colorado Bears- 10
Colorado Buffaloes- 56

Savannah State @ Montana- ..............R.I.P. Tigers..............

Savannah State Tigers- 13
Montana Grizzlies- 58

North Dakota @ South Dakota- North Dakota needs to get the running game going to win against the balanced attack of South Dakota.

North Dakota Fighting Hawks- 31
South Dakota Coyotes- 38

UC Davis @ Portland State- Conference foes meet for a non conference battle. PSU has looked good in their two losses and UC Davis destroyed 2016 playoff participant San Diego. Very interesting game.

UC Davis Aggies- 28
Portland State Vikings- 41

Idaho State @ Nevada- I don't think Nevada is as good as Utah State, unfortunately that doesn't really matter.

Idaho State Bengals- 16
Nevada Wolfpack- 40

Northern Iowa @ Southern Utah- Southern Utah is involved in Ryan's Wildcard game again. Im taking the Thunderbirds at home.

Northern Iowa Panthers- 24
Southern Utah Thunderbirds- 28

Weber State @ Sacramento State- Both teams are coming off impressive performances, Weber I believe is the better team, however Weber has also not won in Sacramento since 2008. Will they break that slide?

Weber State Wildcats- 31
Sacramento State Hornets- 20
Last edited by Wildcat Ryan on Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Re: BSC Predictions Sept 9th 2017 (Week 3)

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

September 9th. was week 2.
Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

Mvemjsunpx wrote:September 9th. was week 2.

:oops: fixed :oops:
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

EWU 32-35 ChevyhamBoth teams look equally disappointing, so I'll stick with my preseason pick

Davis 24-35 Portland St. (NC) — Whoever wins this could be a legitimate dark horse

Weber 28-17 Sac State (NC) — The home team is 16-4 in this series, but still…

Idaho St. 21-52 NevadaThe Bengals experience deja vu from last week

UNI 24-27 SuutahTough call, but the Panther pass defense looks pretty vulnerable

Savannah 10-45 MontanaThe Tigers weren't as bad as usual last season, but they were still pretty bad

NoCo 14-41 ColoradoFirst meeting in 83 years? Really?

NoDak 27-24 SoDak — South Dakota's run defense was terrible last year, so I can't quite trust it now
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Re: BSC Predictions Sept 16th 2017 (Week 3)

Post by JALMOND »

Everyone that is playing in the conference this week plays on Saturday. Cal Poly, Montana State and NAU are sitting this week out. I am at 22-4 so far this year, hoping for improvement. Here we go.

EWU at Fordham---Eagles lack of success makes this game not really great. And Montana is on the schedule next week...Fordham 27, EWU 24.

ISU at Nevada---Bengals confused, they think they can compete in the Mountain West. Idaho tried that and are returning next season...Nevada 38, ISU 14.

Savannah State at UM---OK, this game for the Grizzlies should be over by halftime. It should be. Right?...UM 45, Savannah State 14.

UND at South Dakota---In a preview of things to come, the Hawks head down the road to play a strong Mo Valley team...UND 21, South Dakota 17.

UNC at Colorado---Bears got a reprieve last week with the hurricane. No such luck here as the game will go on...Colorado 48, UNC 7.

Northern Iowa at SUU---After a good showing last week, the Thunderbirds welcome a strong Mo Valley program to their town...SUU 35, Northern Iowa 31.

UCD at PSU---Aggies get to play someone outside of the city of San Diego, Vikings took last week off after playing two FBS money games...PSU 28, UCD 14.

WSU at SAC---Wildcats have shown they are for real this season. They head into an unfriendly place for them, the Hornet's nest...WSU 27, SAC 20.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Mvemjsunpx wrote:EWU 32-35 ChevyhamBoth teams look equally disappointing, so I'll stick with my preseason pick

Davis 24-35 Portland St. (NC) — Whoever wins this could be a legitimate dark horse

UNI 24-27 SuutahTough call, but the Panther pass defense looks pretty vulnerable

Savannah 10-45 MontanaThe Tigers weren't as bad as usual last season, but they were still pretty bad

NoDak 27-24 SoDak — South Dakota's run defense was terrible last year, so I can't quite trust it now
You think Davis is a legitimate dark horse??? :lol: :lol:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Mvemjsunpx wrote:EWU 32-35 ChevyhamBoth teams look equally disappointing, so I'll stick with my preseason pick

Obviously not, since I picked them to lose this weekend. ;)

They did just crush a team that won a playoff game last year, though.
Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

AZGrizFan wrote:

Mvem said "could be" ;)
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

JALMOND wrote:Everyone that is playing in the conference this week plays on Saturday. Cal Poly, Montana State and NAU are sitting this week out. I am at 22-4 so far this year, hoping for improvement. Here we go.

EWU at Fordham---Eagles lack of success makes this game not really great. And Montana is on the schedule next week...Fordham 27, EWU 24.

ISU at Nevada---Bengals confused, they think they can compete in the Mountain West. Idaho tried that and are returning next season...Nevada 38, ISU 14.

Savannah State at UM---OK, this game for the Grizzlies should be over by halftime. It should be. Right?...UM 45, Savannah State 14.

UND at South Dakota---In a preview of things to come, the Hawks head down the road to play a strong Mo Valley team...UND 21, South Dakota 17.

UNC at Colorado---Bears got a reprieve last week with the hurricane. No such luck here as the game will go on...Colorado 48, UNC 7.

Northern Iowa at SUU---After a good showing last week, the Thunderbirds welcome a strong Mo Valley program to their town...SUU 35, Northern Iowa 31.

UCD at PSU---Aggies get to play someone outside of the city of San Diego, Vikings took last week off after playing two FBS money games...PSU 28, UCD 14.

WSU at SAC---Wildcats have shown they are for real this season. They head into an unfriendly place for them, the Hornet's nest...WSU 27, SAC 20.
One of the few things that make me feel good heading into this weekend is that you and Mvem picked against us. All is right with the universe. :thumb:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

AZGrizFan wrote:

You think davis is a legitimate dark horse??? :lol: :lol:
My thoughts exactly. :lol:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Fordham
PSU
WSU
Nevada
UNI
Montana
Colorado
UND
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Computer Picks

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

EWU @ FORD
Sagarin: Eagles by 9
Massey: Eagles by 16

UCD @ PSU
Sagarin: Viks by 4
Massey: Viks by 6

WEB @ SAC
Sagarin: Wildcats by 10
Massey: Wildcats by 7

ISU @ NEV
Sagarin: Wolfpack by 28
Massey: Wolfpack by 23

UNI @ SUU
Sagarin: Panthers by 7
Massey: Panthers by 3

SAV @ UMT
Sagarin: Griz by 35
Massey: Griz by 25

UNC @ CU
Sagarin: Buffs by 40
Massey: Buffs by 37

UND @ SDK
Sagarin: Coyotes by 1
Massey: Coyotes by 3
Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3

Re: Computer Picks

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

Mvemjsunpx wrote:EWU @ FORD
Sagarin: Eagles by 9
Massey: Eagles by 16

UCD @ PSU
Sagarin: Viks by 4
Massey: Viks by 6

WEB @ SAC
Sagarin: Wildcats by 10
Massey: Wildcats by 7

ISU @ NEV
Sagarin: Wolfpack by 28
Massey: Wolfpack by 23

UNI @ SUU
Sagarin: Panthers by 7
Massey: Panthers by 3

SAV @ UMT
Sagarin: Griz by 35
Massey: Griz by 25

UNC @ CU
Sagarin: Buffs by 40
Massey: Buffs by 37

UND @ SDK
Sagarin: Coyotes by 1
Massey: Coyotes by 3

I think Eastern, Montana, Colorado, South Dakota, Nevada, Weber and PSU cover. So basically everyone but UNI, who I think will lose to SUU.
JALMOND
Level4
Level4

Post by JALMOND »

JALMOND wrote:Everyone that is playing in the conference this week plays on Saturday. Cal Poly, Montana State and NAU are sitting this week out. I am at 22-4 so far this year, hoping for improvement. Here we go.

4-4 this week. Not good. 26-8 overall. Even worse.
Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

JALMOND wrote:

I went 6-2, thanks PSU and Nevada.

29-5 overall.
JALMOND
Level4
Level4

Post by JALMOND »

Wildcat Ryan wrote:
JALMOND wrote:

29-5 overall.
I mentioned on the other site that, while I picked against them, I could see the Causeway going 2-0 very easily today.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

JALMOND wrote:
Wildcat Ryan wrote:

29-5 overall.
I mentioned on the other site that, while I picked against them, I could see the Causeway going 2-0 very easily today.
PSU looked like shit today. The Vikes have no QB. However they did keep this a game a lot longer than it should have so I guess there is that.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

JALMOND wrote:

I need you and Mvem to do me a solid and pick the Griz this week. Okay? Thanks.

Looking forward to the power rankings.
:nod:
JALMOND
Level4
Level4

Post by JALMOND »

kalm wrote:I need you and Mvem to do me a solid and pick the Griz this week. Okay? Thanks.
You know, it is difficult to win at Wash-Griz and the Grizzlies are 2-0 at home so far. :coffee:

:lol:
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

kalm wrote:I need you and Mvem to do me a solid and pick the Griz this week. Okay? Thanks.

You know, we are 2-1 picking against your team this year. :coffee: ;)
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Mvemjsunpx wrote:

You know, we are 2-1 picking against your team this year. :coffee: ;)
And that raises you all the way up to 47 games under .500 in toss ups going back to 2010.

:kisswink:
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post-Week 3 Standings

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

• 1. Weber State_______________0-0_____2-1
    2. UC Davis _________________0-0_____2-1
    3. Eastern Washington_______0-0_____1-2
    4. North Dakota _____________0-0_____1-2
    5. Southern Utah ____________0-0_____2-1
    6. Montana __________________0-0_____2-1
    7. Northern Arizona _________0-0_____0-2
    8. Montana State_____________0-0_____0-2
    9. Cal Poly ___________________0-0_____0-3
    10.Northern Colorado________0-0_____1-1
    11.Idaho State _______________0-0_____2-1
    12.Portland State_____________0-0_____0-3
    13.Sacramento State _________0-0_____1-2

Non-conference wins over conference opponents count fully in the head-to-head tiebreaker, so that's why Weber/Davis are at the top & PSU/Sac are at the bottom.
Remaining ties are broken by Sagarins.