Big Sky Predictions 9-7 thru 9-9 (Week 2)

Football Championship Subdivision discussions
Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: WEBER STATE
A.K.A.: WILDCAT, WILDCATFAN

Big Sky Predictions 9-7 thru 9-9 (Week 2)

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

Thursday Sept 7th

Idaho State- 10
Utah State- 45

Idaho State is no Wisconsin

Saturday Sept 9th

North Dakota State- 56
Eastern Washington- 31

Eastern is not doing themselves any favors with this schedule.

Missouri State- 23
North Dakota- 20

Would this be considered an upset?

Cal Poly- 17
Northern Iowa- 31

Cal Poly starts the season 0-3. Luckily their BSC schedule is a lot easier.

Weber State- 17
California- 45

California is a whole new breed of "Dawg" than UM Western

Southern Utah- 31
Stephen F. Austin- 24

Both teams lost by more than 40 points in their first game. My Wildcard game of the week.

Western Illinois- 17
Northern Arizona- 28

The Big Sky's lone win this week over the MVFC

Northern Colorado- 3
Florida- 56

Florida looked pretty bad against Michigan, luckily for them UNC is not Michigan.

Montana- 21
Washington- 58

Game starts out close but Washington is just too big and too fast for even Montana.

South Dakota State- 31
Montana State- 22

Bobcats are gonna need to pass to win this game. Which at this point does not bode well for them.

Incarnate Word- 17
Sacramento State- 30

Is Sac as bad as people think? Or is Incarnate Word that much worse?

San Diego- 21
UC Davis- 24

Aggies first win in the Hawkins era
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Re: Big Sky Predictions 9-7 thru 9-9 (Week 2)

Post by Grizalltheway »

Official spread on UM/UW is 39, and I'll be pretty happy if they can cover that.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

I'm going to confidently predict that Montana will NOT have the biggest losing margin this weekend. I think ISU, WSU and UNC all have a chance of losing bigger...
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

AZGrizFan wrote:I'm going to confidently predict that Montana will NOT have the biggest losing margin this weekend. I think ISU, WSU and UNC all have a chance of losing bigger...

More than possible.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Hopefully the Bison will hold the Eagles to a lower score than last season, without having to double and triple cover Kupp.
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Post by JALMOND »

12-2 so far after somehow thinking NAU would beat Arizona last week. This week is much harder with so many games against the Valley. Here it goes.

CP at Northern Iowa---Mustangs still trying to get on board and now they have their first trip outside of California. Change of scenery, but same result---Northern Iowa 38, CP 20.

North Dakota State at EWU---The mighty Bison are coming in to the Eagles' red turf. Still many questions for the Eagles that need to be answered---North Dakota State 35, EWU 28.

ISU at Utah State---Bengals took care of the lower division, now they head just across the border for a tougher opponent on Thursday---Utah State 41, ISU 7.

UM at Washington---Grizzlies looked a bit shaky at home last week. Their reward is facing one of the top 10 teams in FBS. Scary thought---Washington 42, UM 10.

South Dakota State at MSU---A case last week for the Bobcats was either playing against the Pac-12, or not getting any offense going. Or maybe both---South Dakota State 28, MSU 14.

Missouri State at UND---The question is can the Hawks' defense contain what looks like an explosive offense, because they should have no problems scoring---UND 35, Missouri State 31.

Western Illinois at NAU---Luckily, the Lumberjacks are not going up against a Pac-12 defense, so their offense should be able to outscore Western Illinois---NAU 42, Western Illinois 24.

UNC at Florida---Bears take a big jump from the NAIA to the SEC this weekend. Very sizeable jump, and no doubt a very sizeable paycheck---Florida 51, UNC 7.

Incarnate Word at SAC---The Hornet defense did well against a strong FBS offense last week. Can they give their offense a chance in this game?---SAC 21, Incarnate Word 17.

SUU at Stephen F Austin---The Thunderbirds took a major blow to the chin last week. They return to the FCS level on the road, hoping for better results---Stephen F Austin 27, SUU 24.

San Diego at UCD---Aggies bring in the other DI football team from San Diego and it should be an improvement from last week. Hawkins' home opener---UCD 28, San Diego 21.

WSU at California---What was thought to be a great opportunity for the Wildcats may have soured a bit after Cal's win last week. Not that the Wildcats won't keep it close---California 28, WSU 24.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

UNI 25, CP 24 (OT)
EWU 42, NDSU 38
USU 70, ISU 0
UM 21, UW 17
SDSU 17, MSU 2
SW MO St 42, UND 27
WIU 35, NAU 15
FL 77, UNC 0
Sac 50, Incarnate Word 3
SFA 55, SUU 10
USD 21, UCD 6
BBQ 36, Cal 35 (4OT)

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

SuperHornet wrote:UNI 25, CP 24 (OT)
EWU 42, NDSU 38
USU 70, ISU 0
UM 21, UW 17
SDSU 17, MSU 2
SW MO St 42, UND 27
WIU 35, NAU 15
FL 77, UNC 0
Sac 50, Incarnate Word 3
SFA 55, SUU 10
USD 21, UCD 6
BBQ 36, Cal 35 (4OT)
UND plays MSU. :ohno:
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

kalm wrote:
SuperHornet wrote:UNI 25, CP 24 (OT)
EWU 42, NDSU 38
USU 70, ISU 0
UM 21, UW 17
SDSU 17, MSU 2
SW MO St 42, UND 27
WIU 35, NAU 15
FL 77, UNC 0
Sac 50, Incarnate Word 3
SFA 55, SUU 10
USD 21, UCD 6
BBQ 36, Cal 35 (4OT)
Think he's doing the old school thingy, they used to be SW Missouri St.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Gil Dobie wrote:
kalm wrote:
Think he's doing the old school thingy, they used to be SW Missouri St.
Oops! I was thinking SEMO.

Sorry SH! :oops:
Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

JALMOND wrote:12-2 so far after somehow thinking NAU would beat Arizona last week. This week is much harder with so many games against the Valley. Here it goes.

CP at Northern Iowa---Mustangs still trying to get on board and now they have their first trip outside of California. Change of scenery, but same result---Northern Iowa 38, CP 20.

North Dakota State at EWU---The mighty Bison are coming in to the Eagles' red turf. Still many questions for the Eagles that need to be answered---North Dakota State 35, EWU 28.

ISU at Utah State---Bengals took care of the lower division, now they head just across the border for a tougher opponent on Thursday---Utah State 41, ISU 7.

UM at Washington---Grizzlies looked a bit shaky at home last week. Their reward is facing one of the top 10 teams in FBS. Scary thought---Washington 42, UM 10.

South Dakota State at MSU---A case last week for the Bobcats was either playing against the Pac-12, or not getting any offense going. Or maybe both---South Dakota State 28, MSU 14.

Missouri State at UND---The question is can the Hawks' defense contain what looks like an explosive offense, because they should have no problems scoring---UND 35, Missouri State 31.

Western Illinois at NAU---Luckily, the Lumberjacks are not going up against a Pac-12 defense, so their offense should be able to outscore Western Illinois---NAU 42, Western Illinois 24.

UNC at Florida---Bears take a big jump from the NAIA to the SEC this weekend. Very sizeable jump, and no doubt a very sizeable paycheck---Florida 51, UNC 7.

Incarnate Word at SAC---The Hornet defense did well against a strong FBS offense last week. Can they give their offense a chance in this game?---SAC 21, Incarnate Word 17.

SUU at Stephen F Austin---The Thunderbirds took a major blow to the chin last week. They return to the FCS level on the road, hoping for better results---Stephen F Austin 27, SUU 24.

San Diego at UCD---Aggies bring in the other DI football team from San Diego and it should be an improvement from last week. Hawkins' home opener---UCD 28, San Diego 21.

WSU at California---What was thought to be a great opportunity for the Wildcats may have soured a bit after Cal's win last week. Not that the Wildcats won't keep it close---California 28, WSU 24.

Based on our recent vs FBS history, I will be tickled purple if Weber can stay within 10 points let alone 4.

Cal is favored by 28 points and I think that will be pretty close to accurate.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

EWU vs NDSU

Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

Thursday

Idaho St. 10-45 Utah St.A bad Big Sky team versus a bad Mountain West team. Who wouldn't watch this?

Saturday

NoDak St. 38-24 EWU — The rest of the Eags aren't good enough to compensate if the passing game falters

Cal Poly 14-27 YunieIf there's one thing you can count on the Panthers to do, it's stop the run

San Diego 28-24 Davis — This one looks a little more interesting than it did a week ago

UIW 21-38 Sac StateThe Hornets aren't very good, but they aren't bottom-of-the-Southland bad

Suutah 34-31 SFA — The T-Birds should be the better team, but you never know what the Texas humidity will do

Weber 28-52 CalWeber dodged Beau Baldwin in 2016; they don't get that luxury this year

Willynois 42-45 NAUThe real Big Sky game of the week

Montana 17-52 UDubWe still don't know how good the Griz are, but that doesn't really matter here

SoDak St. 37-24 Montana St. — The Jackrabbits are a complete team; the Bobcats aren't

NoCo - Florida — Cancelled due to Hurricane Irma

Misery St. 20-37 NoDakThe F-Hawks finally get to avenge 2014's 38-0 drubbing
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Sounds like the best player on the Bison defense is out for the season with an ACL injury. 2nd year in a row for him, and end of a great career at NDSU. Took this shot of him before the Mississippi Valley St game last weekend.

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Gil Dobie wrote:Sounds like the best player on the Bison defense is out for the season with an ACL injury. 2nd year in a row for him, and end of a great career at NDSU. Took this shot of him before the Mississippi Valley St game last weekend.

That sucks. :thumbdown:
SACCAT
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana State

Post by SACCAT »

Gil Dobie wrote:EWU vs NDSU

WOW...They sold that many tickets to this game? I mean...that's like....8,000 PEOPLE!!!
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

kalm wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:Sounds like the best player on the Bison defense is out for the season with an ACL injury. 2nd year in a row for him, and end of a great career at NDSU. Took this shot of him before the Mississippi Valley St game last weekend.

That sucks. :thumbdown:
Now that things have settled down, might not be an ACL after all, but it's knee related.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SACCAT wrote:

WOW...They sold that many tickets to this game? I mean...that's like....8,000 PEOPLE!!!
Get bent! It's AT LEAST 8700!!!
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

UNI
NDSU
USU
UDub
SDSU
UND
NAU
Florida
Sac State
SFA
USD
Cal
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

:lol:
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Grizalltheway wrote:

:lol:
15th biggest crowd, THEY said.
Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

AZGrizFan wrote:I'm going to confidently predict that Montana will NOT have the biggest losing margin this weekend. I think ISU, WSU and UNC all have a chance of losing bigger...

Not looking good for the Griz :coffee:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Wildcat Ryan wrote:

Not looking good for the Griz :coffee:
Left 10 on the table. Gifted 14. That hurt my prediction.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Post by JALMOND »

JALMOND wrote:12-2 so far after somehow thinking NAU would beat Arizona last week. This week is much harder with so many games against the Valley. Here it goes.

9-2 this week, missing NAU and SUU. 22-4 so far.