help me!!!!

Football Championship Subdivision discussions
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Re: help me!!!!

Post by SuperHornet »

OSU has a history of losing to FCS schools, and a FBS win will wipe out a FCS loss, provided that one has at least 6 D-I wins (7 or 8 would be better). That's what happened to IL State last year, when they finished 6-5, yet made the playoffs having beaten Big Ten Northwestern and lost to NDSU AND Youngstown State in consecutive weeks.

Many schools do this as a moneymaker, following it up with a par FCS game and either a low-tier FCS or a D-II at home. Sometimes, it's even a FBS home-and-home or a 2-for-1, with the understanding that the FBS will likely buy their way out of the return game. And the only thing one has to worry about is the potential for injuries. If you can avoid that, you generally come out fine.

Just don't take it as far as UOP did in '95. The Tigers' season that year is kinda comparable, as they were in the Big West at the time, which though I-A was roughly equivalent in talent to the Big Sky. UOP essentially threw away the season by playing Fresno State, Arizona, Nebraska, Oregon, Oregon State, and a bye, all within the first six weeks. Only OSU deigned to come to Stockton, and only OSU became a Tiger win, as UOP went on to a 3-8 finish combined with a decision to drop football a week before Christmas, for which they didn't even bother to call the players in for a private announcement before it blasted from the evening TV news. Injuries killed the season. But with ONE "play-up" game, you're probably OK in that regard.

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

This is weird. It appears to be referring to the 12/1/2012 game Nicholls State played at Oregon State. But it's dated August 2017. Like a time warp going on or something.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

JohnStOnge wrote:This is weird. It appears to be referring to the 12/1/2012 game Nicholls State played at Oregon State. But it's dated August 2017. Like a time warp going on or something.
Yeah, I wasn't sure what he was talking about either.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

Taylor Heinicke has a good chance of winning the Walter Payton Award. Keep your eye on him.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

CAA Flagship wrote:Taylor Heinicke has a good chance of winning the Walter Payton Award. Keep your eye on him.
I'll take Third String QBs for Terrible Teams for $200, Alex.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-