NFL Wildcard Weekend Playoff pick 'em...

All other sports including pro, high school and more!

Pick the winner straight-up

Poll ended at Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:52 pm

Eagles
9%
Bears
17%
Seahawks
19%
Cowboys
6%
Colts
7%
Texans
17%
Chargers
19%
Ravens
7%

Total votes: 54

93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Re: NFL Wildcard Weekend Playoff pick 'em...

Post by 93henfan »

Vidav wrote:
93henfan wrote:
Win one this millennium and we'll talk.
So just to be clear. If the Eagles had 20 Lombardi Trophies but none more recent than 19 years ago, you would think they were trash?
No, not at all. I thought I was clear that I believe all championships are important, including all four of the Eagles' NFL titles.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
Vidav
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: The Russian

Post by Vidav »

93henfan wrote:
Vidav wrote:
So just to be clear. If the Eagles had 20 Lombardi Trophies but none more recent than 19 years ago, you would think they were trash?
No, not at all. I thought I was clear that I believe all championships are important, including all four of the Eagles' NFL titles.
Which doesn't explain why you shit on the Cowboys for not winning a Super Bowl in 20+ years. You can't have it both ways.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Vidav wrote:
93henfan wrote:
Which doesn't explain why you **** on the Cowboys for not winning a Super Bowl in 20+ years. You can't have it both ways.
Huh? Of course you can. The Maple Leafs have the second most Stanley Cup wins all time (13 of them) - that's a good thing. However, they haven't won a Stanley Cup since 1967 - that's a bad thing. See, both ways. Overall all is great, as it what have you done for me lately. :coffee:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

GannonFan wrote:
Vidav wrote:
Which doesn't explain why you **** on the Cowboys for not winning a Super Bowl in 20+ years. You can't have it both ways.
Huh? Of course you can. The Maple Leafs have the second most Stanley Cup wins all time (13 of them) - that's a good thing. However, they haven't won a Stanley Cup since 1967 - that's a bad thing. See, both ways. Overall all is great, as it what have you done for me lately. :coffee:
Exactly... ^
Like when you correctly argued that clearly spygate was effective
Because the New England Patriots have only won 2 Super Bowls since then

Which I think we all know is far below their average of 3 Super Bowl wins every 4 years

:coffee:
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Chizzang wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
Exactly... ^
Like when you correctly argued that clearly spygate was effective
Because the New England Patriots have only won 2 Super Bowls since then

Which I think we all know is far below their average of 3 Super Bowl wins every 4 years

:coffee:
Pats have only won 2 since, that's right (2-3 record since they stopped cheating). Had to have Pete Carroll make perhaps the worst call in Super Bowl history and had to have the Falcons pull off the biggest choke in Super Bowl history for those titles. Of course, the Pats are 0-3 in Super Bowls they can't cheat in when facing NFC East teams.

Probably fortunate too that they didn't have video equipment to cheat last year against the Eagles. With Nick Foles being the second coming, there could've been a "Raiders of the Lost Ark" moment with divine light shooting back through the illegal cameras. Phew! :rofl:
Vidav
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Vidav »

GannonFan wrote:
Vidav wrote:
So they are both great? Awesome. If they are both great I would happily take 5 wins over 1 recent win.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Vidav wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
So they are both great? Awesome. If they are both great I would happily take 5 wins over 1 recent win.
Reading comprehension is not strong in this one. It's a nice accomplishment having the historical ones, but it's small consolation for sucking for more than two straight decades leading up to the present. Maple Leaf fans are a miserable bunch, as are most cowboys fans. Being deprived of winning for so long tends to make that happen.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Vidav wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
Talk to a Skins fan about how great it is.
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

GannonFan wrote:
Vidav wrote:
Reading comprehension is not strong in this one. It's a nice accomplishment having the historical ones, but it's small consolation for sucking for more than two straight decades leading up to the present. Maple Leaf fans are a miserable bunch, as are most cowboys fans. Being deprived of winning for so long tends to make that happen.
Mmm... I see your point here
but winning all the time can also create some pretty miserable and exhausting fan bases

See:
Patriots Fans
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

GannonFan wrote:Maple Leaf fans are a miserable bunch...
I agree with your premise GF, but are you saying this, or do you know it? Serious question, I really don't know any Leafs fans and have never really heard they are miserable. They are at 102-103% attendance every year. You want miserable, look at Skins fans, NY Jets fans... Leafs are high on the list when you try to assign points based on playoffs and championships, but those rankings really only speak to how the fans 'should' feel based on the product. If you pull up one of those lists, they also are a list of empty stadiums and arenas. Miserable fan bases stop going to games. Not the case in Toronto.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

89Hen wrote:
GannonFan wrote:Maple Leaf fans are a miserable bunch...
I agree with your premise GF, but are you saying this, or do you know it? Serious question, I really don't know any Leafs fans and have never really heard they are miserable. They are at 102-103% attendance every year. You want miserable, look at Skins fans, NY Jets fans... Leafs are high on the list when you try to assign points based on playoffs and championships, but those rankings really only speak to how the fans 'should' feel based on the product. If you pull up one of those lists, they also are a list of empty stadiums and arenas. Miserable fan bases stop going to games. Not the case in Toronto.
Not living in Toronto I only know a few, but the ones I know are cantankerous. I think there's a difference between miserable and detached - yes, some fanbases just melt away when the team is bad - the Skins are a great example of the detached fanbase - they start losing and the fans stop coming. Prior to the Eagles winning a lot more under Reid (and then winning it all with Pederson) the Eagles fanbase was the miserable one - they always came, even when the team sucked. And they let that miserablensess come out. The Eagles fans got a lot of their grief (the booing, the snowballs, etc) because they were they when the Eagles were sucking - other fanbases just wouldn't show up.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

BTW, I just looked up NFL and the Skins are now DEAD LAST in % capacity at 74.4... and that's AFTER they took out 9000 seats the past couple years. :rofl:
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

89Hen wrote:BTW, I just looked up NFL and the Skins are now DEAD LAST in % capacity at 74.4... and that's AFTER they took out 9000 seats the past couple years. :rofl:
That's partly on the fanbase for being one that does fall away when things go bad, but it's also a problem related to Snyder as well - he's as bad of an owner as they come and would drive off some of the most diehard fans. And I guess the stadium too - they blew it when they moved from RFK - but again, that's Snyder.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

GannonFan wrote:
89Hen wrote:BTW, I just looked up NFL and the Skins are now DEAD LAST in % capacity at 74.4... and that's AFTER they took out 9000 seats the past couple years. :rofl:
That's partly on the fanbase for being one that does fall away when things go bad, but it's also a problem related to Snyder as well - he's as bad of an owner as they come and would drive off some of the most diehard fans. And I guess the stadium too - they blew it when they moved from RFK - but again, that's Snyder.
FTR, Jack Kent Cooke moved the team before he sold to Snyder.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

89Hen wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
FTR, Jack Kent Cooke moved the team before he sold to Snyder.
Did not know that. Surprised they haven't dug him up and tarred and feathered him posthumously.
Vidav
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Vidav »

GannonFan wrote:
Vidav wrote:
Yes, but only winning once ever tends to make for sore winners, and losers.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote:
Vidav wrote:
So we have to wait another decade before this...

fully becomes this...

:mrgreen:
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

kalm wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
So we have to wait another decade before this...

fully becomes this...

:mrgreen:
Biden is a legendary bad luck charm for the Hens. UD loses virtually every game he attends in person.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.