NFL Game of the Week - WEEK TWO

All other sports including pro, high school and more!

What is the GoTW?

Poll ended at Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:36 am

Panthers @ Falcons
No votes
Vikings @ Packers
57%
Eagles @ Buccaneers
No votes
Chiefs @ Steelers
29%
Patriots @ Jaguars
14%

Total votes: 14

93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

NFL Game of the Week - WEEK TWO

Post by 93henfan »

Two games seem to stand out in Week 2.
Last edited by 93henfan on Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Re: NFL Game of the Week - WEEK TWO

Post by GannonFan »

I don't think much of the Packers - they're not top tier in the NFC right now. I think that's the Eagles/Rams/Vikings - there's a step down after those three, relatively equal teams.

I go with the Patriots and the Jags - this is the chance for the Jags to really take a step forward. Plus, you win here and they could get the tiebreak for the AFC playoffs - not having to play in Foxboro in January would be a real plus for the Jags.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

GannonFan wrote:I don't think much of the Packers - they're not top tier in the NFC right now. I think that's the Eagles/Rams/Vikings - there's a step down after those three, relatively equal teams.

I go with the Patriots and the Jags - this is the chance for the Jags to really take a step forward. Plus, you win here and they could get the tiebreak for the AFC playoffs - not having to play in Foxboro in January would be a real plus for the Jags.
Packers game. As long as Rodgers is on the field, the Packers have a chance against anyone in the league. Long, bitter, rivalry to the Vikings fans, fun rivalry for the Packers fans.

93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

I voted Pack simply because my mere presence at Lambeau two months ago is sure to bring good luck to them, until the end of this calendar year. My charm only lasts through calendar years; never into January.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Chiefs @ Steelers
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Gil Dobie wrote:
GannonFan wrote:I don't think much of the Packers - they're not top tier in the NFC right now. I think that's the Eagles/Rams/Vikings - there's a step down after those three, relatively equal teams.

Packers game. As long as Rodgers is on the field, the Packers have a chance against anyone in the league. Long, bitter, rivalry to the Vikings fans, fun rivalry for the Packers fans.

I think Rodgers is great, I think he's the best QB in the league. And despite that, in the 10 years since he's been the starting QB for Green Bay, the Pack have only made the NFC title game three times and won the NFC once. Rodgers makes the Pack dangerous, and they can beat anybody on any given day, but going through a gauntlet of similar teams hasn't been something even Rodgers greatness can overcome, especially as the Pack haven't always had the supporting cast for him.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

GannonFan wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:

I think Rodgers is great, I think he's the best QB in the league. And despite that, in the 10 years since he's been the starting QB for Green Bay, the Pack have only made the NFC title game three times and won the NFC once. Rodgers makes the Pack dangerous, and they can beat anybody on any given day, but going through a gauntlet of similar teams hasn't been something even Rodgers greatness can overcome, especially as the Pack haven't always had the supporting cast for him.
New year, new DC, new OC and new GM. See what happens.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Gil Dobie wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
New year, new DC, new OC and new GM. See what happens.
I agree - the ability to drastically change fortunes in the NFL from one year to the next is very high - never count the Pack out with Rodgers under center (or in the shotgun I guess - that cliché has gotten a little outdated).
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

MidWestBias. Vikings-Packers.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

Colts - Redskins

#HTTR
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

The Packers...IF Rodgers plays. That said, his new backup DOES seem to be better than last year's.

Maybe they can talk Don Strock out of retirement?

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

GannonFan wrote:
this is the chance for the Jags to really take a step forward. Plus, you win here and they could get the tiebreak for the AFC playoffs - not having to play in Foxboro in January would be a real plus for the Jags.
This really is almost a must win for the JAG's
They have a tough schedule and for all the reasons you explain above they can't go into Foxbo in January
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Rumors are Rodgers is out, with the line around 7 points.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Gil Dobie wrote:Rumors are Rodgers is out, with the line around 7 points.
Now I'm hearing Rodgers will play.
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

CAA Flagship wrote:Colts - Redskins

#HTTR
Better luck next time. :coffee:
Rob Iola
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Lurking

Post by Rob Iola »

Gonna go out on a limb here and go with Vikes/Pack...
Proletarians of the world, unite!
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Tie with the Minnesota Fan base anointed Super Bowl Favorite Minnesota Vikings. Not so bad, but it's even funnier listening to the meltdown about the kicker and receiver that blew the game. Well at least this time it's not the refs or the Philly fans being bashed.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Have to say I do like the Packers young defensive backs. Give them some time and they will be good. The old guy Williams couldn't keep up with Diggs, which is understandable. Still not up to speed where they can get a few good wins without Rodgers though.
dal4018
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Post by dal4018 »

Gil Dobie wrote:

Clay Matthews was robbed yesterday on that cheap call it was a legit hit on Cousins.Patrick Mahomes is the BEST YOUNG QB in the NFL 6 TDS NO PICKS VS MY STEELERS.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

dal4018 wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:

Clay Matthews was robbed yesterday on that cheap call it was a legit hit on Cousins.Patrick Mahomes is the BEST YOUNG QB in the NFL 6 TDS NO PICKS VS MY STEELERS.
Well, Carson Wentz is still pretty good. :thumb: