What Was Your First NFL Game

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

What Was Your First NFL Game

Post by Gil Dobie »

Packers walloped the Cardinals in the 1982 playoff game. We drove from Fargo the night before. I remember scraping the ice of my bench seat. 19th row 45 yard line behind the Packers bench. Still have the ticket stub.

phpBB [video]
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Re: What Was Your First NFL Game

Post by JohnStOnge »

Never been to one. Never had any desire to go to one even when I was much more of a NFL fan back in the 70s. It's just too easy to watch them on TV vs. the crap you'd have to go through to actually go to one.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

JohnStOnge wrote:Never been to one. Never had any desire to go to one even when I was much more of a NFL fan back in the 70s. It's just too easy to watch them on TV vs. the crap you'd have to go through to actually go to one.
I totally get that. Grew up a Packers fan, and always wanted to go to Lambeau for a game. Saw the playoff tickets go on sale, so I wrote a letter stating it would be my first NFL game with my check. May have been the reason I got such great seats. I live 20 miles from a NFL stadium, but have gone to many more games in Lambeau than Minneapolis. Lambeau is more of a college atmosphere, with a large tailgating lot and free residential parking if you look around. Been a while since I have gone to a game, and I only watch the Packers at this point. Spend most of my football time following NDSU.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

I use to go to one Giants pre-season game for several years in the early 80's.
I think my first real game was the 1983 Redskins-49ers NFC Championship game at RFK Stadium.

phpBB [video]
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

The Body Bag Game
phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
Vidav
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: The Russian

Post by Vidav »

The only professional sporting event I have been to was a Oilers @ Flames hockey game. :(
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Vidav wrote:The only professional sporting event I have been to was a Oilers @ Flames hockey game. :(
In Edmonton or Calgary? Gretzky years?
Vidav
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
A.K.A.: The Russian

Post by Vidav »

Gil Dobie wrote:
Vidav wrote:The only professional sporting event I have been to was a Oilers @ Flames hockey game. :(
In Edmonton or Calgary? Gretzky years?
In Calgary in 1999.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

I think for me it was the Eagles/Buccaneers and the Ricky Watters "For who, for what?" game. Kinda like JSO - pro football was/is so easy to watch on TV that going to a game seemed like a chore. And already going to Delaware games on most Saturdays meant I was getting my fill of live, in person football most weekends.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Eagles/Jets pre-season back at Veterans Stadium, probably mid 80's. Went to tons of Flyers games, many, many Phillies games, but NFL was just too darn cumbersome. I still rarely go, even when offered free tix.

Strangest game I went to was Eagles at Ravens at old Memorial Stadium in B'more. What a dump. Couldn't believe I was watching an NFL game there. Not sure how the Colts put up with it all those years. The upper deck only went to the 40 yard line.

DuckDuckGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by DuckDuckGriz »

January game between the 4-11 Broncos led by Tim Tebow and the San Diego Chargers.

Last game of the year. Blustery and snowing. Broncos lost in the final minute to end their season at 4-12.

Yuckaroo.
Last edited by DuckDuckGriz on Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DuckDuckGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by DuckDuckGriz »

89Hen wrote:Eagles/Jets pre-season back at Veterans Stadium, probably mid 80's. Went to tons of Flyers games, many, many Phillies games, but NFL was just too darn cumbersome. I still rarely go, even when offered free tix.

Strangest game I went to was Eagles at Ravens at old Memorial Stadium in B'more. What a dump. Couldn't believe I was watching an NFL game there. Not sure how the Colts put up with it all those years. The upper deck only went to the 40 yard line.

That chain link fence really sets the mood.
Surreal indeed.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

DuckDuckGriz wrote:
89Hen wrote:Eagles/Jets pre-season back at Veterans Stadium, probably mid 80's. Went to tons of Flyers games, many, many Phillies games, but NFL was just too darn cumbersome. I still rarely go, even when offered free tix.

That chain link fence really sets the mood.
Surreal indeed.
Reminds me of the Oakland Coliseum BART Train exit.
AshevilleApp
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: ASU
A.K.A.: AshevilleApp2

Post by AshevilleApp »

1970 Thanksgiving game in Detroit between the Lions and Raiders (Daryle Lamonica and the bunch). It was played at the long gone Tiger Stadium. Notable in that the Lions won.
ASUG8
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: ASU

Post by ASUG8 »

9/29/97 San Fran @ Panthers, I think Carolina's fist MNF game. We got box seats with my wife's work and rode down from Greensboro in a bus with about 20 other people. Steve Young was QB for SF.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

Wait a minute. The St. Louis Cardinals actually made the playoffs? John Riggins actually threw a pass? Where have I been. SMH....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

AshevilleApp wrote:1970 Thanksgiving game in Detroit between the Lions and Raiders (Daryle Lamonica and the bunch). It was played at the long gone Tiger Stadium. Notable in that the Lions won.
Did Blanda come off the bench after Lamonica stunk the joint up again?

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Incidentally, I have only been to one NFL game, and I didn't even get to see that. I was running garlic fries at a Rams-49'ers game at Levi's Stadium as part of a fundraiser for the Sirens cheerleaders.

An actual game ticket is cost-prohibitive for me. MUCH easier to get baseball tickets....

css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

Went to a couple Bronco games when I lived in Colorado including one in their first SB win season. But the college game is much more fun.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk