Best in the West Tournament

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Best in the West Tournament

Post by SuperHornet »

So this coming week is the Best of the West Football Tournament in Lost Wages. SH is coming out of hibernation to cheer on the Utah Falconz, featuring a former Sacramento Siren, who commutes from close to Sac Town to Utah for practices and home games. Also playing are the Seattle Majestics, the San Diego Surge, and the Dallas Elite Spartans.

I can't wait to see my favorite Siren (now a Falcon) dancing in the end zone. (Except that she doesn't do that. She's the "nice" girl who will get the TD, and then hand the ball to the zebra. What is THAT?!?)

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
css75
Level3
Level3

Re: Best in the West Tournament

Post by css75 »

SuperHornet wrote:So this coming week is the Best of the West Football Tournament in Lost Wages. SH is coming out of hibernation to cheer on the Utah Falconz, featuring a former Sacramento Siren, who commutes from close to Sac Town to Utah for practices and home games. Also playing are the Seattle Majestics, the San Diego Surge, and the Dallas Elite Spartans.

I can't wait to see my favorite Siren (now a Falcon) dancing in the end zone. (Except that she doesn't do that. She's the "nice" girl who will get the TD, and then hand the ball to the zebra. What is THAT?!?)

Curious, is this going to be televised anywhere?
polsongrizz
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: MONTANA
A.K.A.: The Beer Snob

Post by polsongrizz »

Nobody cares...
“We didn’t have a man or woman in the drone,” Trump explained to a confused America. “We had nobody in the drone. It would have made a big difference, let me tell you. It would have made a big, big difference.”
Mexico will pay for the wall
THE MOON IS PART OF MARS
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

polsongrizz wrote:Nobody cares...
Define "nobody," pols....

:roll:

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

SuperHornet wrote: I can't wait to see my favorite Siren (now a Falcon) dancing in the end zone.
phpBB [video]
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Flaggy: this has NOTHING to do with that. It's legitimate football.

css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

Didn’t know Chizzang was at the game until he gave her the congratulatory pat on the derrière.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

The Texas Elite Spartans won the tournament. I'm STILL ticked off that they had to pull cr@p out of WWE (clotheslines, horsecollars, DDTs, ripping off helmets, etc.) in order to win. And the zebras let them do it. As a lifelong Cowboys fan, I'm embarrassed that they come from Dallas. About the only thing from the Falconz' side that contributed to the loss, IMO, was the fact that the wingback kept getting strung out to the sidelines. The coaching staff just couldn't convince her to cut it up the field. She still won Offensive Player of the Tournament, though.

Here are the scores:

THURSDAY

Utah Falconz 29, Seattle Majestics 14
Texas Elite Spartans 47, San Diego Surge 0*

SATURDAY
Consolation Final: San Diego Surge 16, Seattle Majestics 6
Championship Final: Texas Elite Spartans 22, Seattle Majestics 15

*Don't let that goose-egg fool you. San Diego is primarily a passing team, and a major monsoon whipped through the area, delaying the finish of the game until well after midnight. The strong winds wreaked havoc with the Surge's passing attack. There was rain throughout the tournament. I even had to hide in the men's head for a bit during the Championship Final.

Offensive Player of the Tournament: Keeshya Cox, WB, Utah Falconz
Defensive Player of the Tournament: Tasha Aiono, S, Utah Falconz
MVP: Odessa Jenkins, RB, Texas Elite Spartans