2018 NBA Off Season News

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

2018 NBA Off Season News

Post by Gil Dobie »

Lebron James is calling stars around the league, to form another super team. Favorite at this point may be the Lakers. Please stay out of LA, Lakers have done good enough without this bs as in bs as in bs. Names in the mix include Paul George, Kahwi Leonard, Chris Paul, Kemba Walker. Other teams mentioned are Cleveland, Boston and Philly, with New Orleans as an outside shot.

LeBron James forming Lakers super team? Linky

According to Mark Heisler of the Orange County Register, LeBron James has been calling prospective teammates to gauge their interest in teaming up.

Not that everyone’s necessarily waiting until midnight of July 1, even if the NBA keeps sending out memos on tampering, according to an Eastern Conference GM.

“Meanwhile,” said the GM, “LeBron is doing what we does — calling players on other teams he wants to play with.”

There have been no specific reports, but there’s no mystery about who’s involved. At this point, the surprise would be finding out some fave Bron has kept secret.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Re: 2018 NBA Off Season News

Post by GannonFan »

Still doubt that San Antonio is going to let Kawhi stay in the conference and go to LA, especially if some of those guys are there with him. And guys would need to take paycuts for them all to go to Lebron in Cleveland. I don't see Boston unless they get rid of Kyrie (which isn't out of the question). The New Orleans one is a wild card, as Anthony Davis is already there (and in theory even Cousins if he re-ups there).
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Lebron Jr to LA, fresh rumors that Lebron Sr also to LA.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Gil Dobie wrote:Lebron Jr to LA, fresh rumors that Lebron Sr also to LA.
Rumors that he would even go there and wait a year if the Lakers can't make a deal for Kawhi this year.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Per Stephen A. Smith

“As it pertains to LeBron James and L.A., we know that reports have been that he’s been making some phone calls and what have you. I got two phone calls last night. After hours. With folks telling me that LeBron James reached out to Kevin Durant ... LeBron James reached out to Kevin Durant via text, from what I’m told, about coming to Los Angeles.”
css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

This crap is why I care very little about the NBA. Ale ron has an ego about the size of Ohio, if he takes his narcissistic butt to LA, hope he continues to lose in playoffs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

LeBron signs with Lakers. Not a huge surprise.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Ivytalk wrote:LeBron signs with Lakers. Not a huge surprise.
* LeLakers
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

UNI88 wrote:
Ivytalk wrote:LeBron signs with Lakers. Not a huge surprise.
* LeLakers
:lol:

He’s just laying the base for that post-basketball Hollywood career. :nod:
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Going to be strange actually pulling for a team with Lebron. Don't think he's enough to get them out of the West, still need Kawhi or someone else to bolster the starting 5.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Lebron going to the Lakers is his version of waving the white flag and cashing out. He has no ability to win another title at this point, even if the Lakers get Kawhi after this year. He's like Kobe but not the Kobe that could win titles, more like the Kobe who rode out his last years in LA with blah teams. And Lebron can do this - he's done the heavy lifting for years with the Cavs so he's due his slow ride out into the sunset. If Kevin Durant decides to leave Golden State after the coming year (rumor is the 2 year deal has a player option in year 2) then it's a different story, but for today, it doesn't look like that.
css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

His streak of finals appearances is over. As one who is neither a Lakers or Lebrun fan this is a perfect storm.

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

GannonFan wrote:Lebron going to the Lakers is his version of waving the white flag and cashing out. He has no ability to win another title at this point, even if the Lakers get Kawhi after this year. He's like Kobe but not the Kobe that could win titles, more like the Kobe who rode out his last years in LA with blah teams. And Lebron can do this - he's done the heavy lifting for years with the Cavs so he's due his slow ride out into the sunset. If Kevin Durant decides to leave Golden State after the coming year (rumor is the 2 year deal has a player option in year 2) then it's a different story, but for today, it doesn't look like that.
Yeah, the Sixers never really wanted that old has-been, anyway. Trust the Process! :rofl:
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Cousins signs with Warriors, might see half a season when he gets healthy. McGee, Rondo and Stephenson sign with Lakers.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Ivytalk wrote:
GannonFan wrote:Lebron going to the Lakers is his version of waving the white flag and cashing out. He has no ability to win another title at this point, even if the Lakers get Kawhi after this year. He's like Kobe but not the Kobe that could win titles, more like the Kobe who rode out his last years in LA with blah teams. And Lebron can do this - he's done the heavy lifting for years with the Cavs so he's due his slow ride out into the sunset. If Kevin Durant decides to leave Golden State after the coming year (rumor is the 2 year deal has a player option in year 2) then it's a different story, but for today, it doesn't look like that.
Yeah, the Sixers never really wanted that old has-been, anyway. Trust the Process! :rofl:
Oh, don't get me wrong, I would've taken Lebron on this team in a heartbeat. In the East, with Embiid and Simmons, he would've made the Sixers the favorites to win the conference right now. Now that he goes out west, to a Lakers team that isn't as good as the Sixers, it will be several years before either they are better enough or Golden State regresses enough (and signing Cousins last night makes that less likely) before he could even challenge to win the conference out there. He just picked a spot where the likelihood of success is far less than it would be if he came here. But I don't think that was his primary reason for choosing LA.
css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

Gil Dobie wrote:Cousins signs with Warriors, might see half a season when he gets healthy. McGee, Rondo and Stephenson sign with Lakers.

Sure those are the guys Lebron wanted.

Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Leonard gets his ass shipped north of the Wall, to Toronto. Spurs get DeRozen as part of the deal.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

It’s nice to see that the Sixers picked up N.O. Body in free agency. He should help them get better than the Celtics!
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-