2018 NFL Season Thread

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Re: 2018 NFL Season Thread

Post by CID1990 »

dbackjon wrote:
css75 wrote:

He does not want to play, he had a chance with the Ravens and Dolphins, but did something outrageous in each instance to prevent it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Incorrect
Well one thing is certain -

there are guys on just about every team in the NFL who are kneeling and yet still playing

but Kap can't land a job

maybe his interpersonal skills need some work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

dbackjon wrote:
css75 wrote:

He does not want to play, he had a chance with the Ravens and Dolphins, but did something outrageous in each instance to prevent it.

Incorrect
Prove it. Teams have tried to sign him and he won't do it. The moment he signs with a team he's just another NFL player, and likely not even the starter, and his image as the ostracized martyr, and his ability to cash in on that, goes away. I'm not diminishing Kap, I think he truly believes and is truly committed to the issues that led to him protesting/kneeling to begin with and I think those issues are worthy of increased attention, but him being an NFL player is not something that he's interested in or would help his cause.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Vidav
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: The Russian

Post by Vidav »

HOW 'BOUT THEM COWBOYS!
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Vidav wrote:HOW 'BOUT THEM COWBOYS!
Might win the home playoff game, but quick out in LA or NO. :nod:

Eagles will get healthy and order will be restored in 2019.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
Vidav
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Vidav »

93henfan wrote:
Vidav wrote:HOW 'BOUT THEM COWBOYS!

Or the defense could handle NO like they already did this year. :coffee:
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Vidav wrote:
93henfan wrote:

Not happening at their place. They got their wake-up call.
css75
Level3
Level3

2018 NFL Season Thread

Post by css75 »

Wearing a Fidel Castro shirt in Miami is not a good way for Kap to get a qb job there.

css75
Level3
Level3

2018 NFL Season Thread

Post by css75 »

Broncos soiled the sheets today, bad news is no playoffs likely. Good news, Vance Joseph will probably be gone.

GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

93henfan wrote:
Vidav wrote:
Bears winning last night means the cowboys might end up having to play Seattle at home in the first round - I'm not sure they even win that game. And no way does Dallas go into either LA or the dome in New Orleans and win - a moribund Eagles offense managed to score 17 4th quarter points on that vaunted defense. cowboys are better than the banged up Eagles this year, but neither team is going anywhere this year. On the bright side, a division title will probably buy Jason Garrett and Dak at least another 3 years, or more, in Dallas, so that's a plus for everyone in the division. :rofl:
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

GannonFan wrote:
93henfan wrote:
Bears winning last night means the cowboys might end up having to play Seattle at home in the first round - I'm not sure they even win that game. And no way does Dallas go into either LA or the dome in New Orleans and win - a moribund Eagles offense managed to score 17 4th quarter points on that vaunted defense. cowboys are better than the banged up Eagles this year, but neither team is going anywhere this year. On the bright side, a division title will probably buy Jason Garrett and Dak at least another 3 years, or more, in Dallas, so that's a plus for everyone in the division. :rofl:
Meh... The goal is to make the playoffs
and the Cowboys are easily going to win the NFC East
and are also capable of beating anybody in the NFC - as they have already proven

If you want to talk "long term problems"
The problem as I see it, is they might not be able to beat anybody in the AFC Playoff bracket
We'll see how they do against the Colts next week... a team fighting to get in

:nod:
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
Vidav
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Vidav »

GannonFan wrote:
93henfan wrote:
Hey man, turnovers make weird things happen. I'm not saying the Cowboys are going to run the table and win the Super Bowl. I am just saying I think they have a chance to be at least in every game. I don't see them getting blown out.
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

Vidav wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
Hey man, turnovers make weird things happen. I'm not saying the Cowboys are going to run the table and win the Super Bowl. I am just saying I think they have a chance to be at least in every game. I don't see them getting blown out.
all they have to do is win one more game this regular season and they win the NFC East
after that anything can happen - as the Saint game has already shown us

GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Chizzang wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
and are also capable of beating anybody in the NFC - as they have already proven

The problem as I see it, is they might not be able to beat anybody in the AFC Playoff bracket

Winning a game in November, at home during an extended run, is one thing. Winning a playoff game against a team like the Seahawks, and then going on the road to a hostile environment the very next week, including perhaps against an opponent who wants revenge for the loss back in November, is another thing. Don't discount a 17 point burst in a 4th quarter of a must-win game for both teams - Dallas was supposed to have a defense that could win championships. That didn't look like it late in the game.

Oh, and the goal is to win championships. Who are you, Andy Reid? :rofl: (great coach, btw, but really needs a ring to cement that).
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

GannonFan wrote:
Chizzang wrote:

Winning a game in November, at home during an extended run, is one thing. Winning a playoff game against a team like the Seahawks, and then going on the road to a hostile environment the very next week, including perhaps against an opponent who wants revenge for the loss back in November, is another thing. Don't discount a 17 point burst in a 4th quarter of a must-win game for both teams - Dallas was supposed to have a defense that could win championships. That didn't look like it late in the game.

Oh, and the goal is to win championships. Who are you, Andy Reid? :rofl: (great coach, btw, but really needs a ring to cement that).
Wait a second here...
as an Eagles fan I thought the goal was to "Have fun"
I'll have to check back with Lane Johnson to get that straight
Nobody is having more fun than the 6-7 Eagles this season - am I right..?

and as far as the Cowboys are concerned the goal is to make the playoffs
they just need to show that they can win the East right now

The Cowboys are going to have $50 Mil of Cap Space going into 2019
That is worth noting... Most division winners head into the off season with little to none

GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Chizzang wrote:
GannonFan wrote:

Wait a second here...

That is worth noting... Most division winners head into the off season with little to none

We'll see. Wentz will be fully healthy next season and have a whole off-season to practice, defensive secondary couldn't possibly be more injured next year than this year, and like you said the cowboys have all that cap space so I'm sure they'll blow it on someone. As long as Garrett and Dak are there I like the Eagles chances.
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

GannonFan wrote:
Chizzang wrote:
Wait a second here...

We'll see. Wentz will be fully healthy next season and have a whole off-season to practice, defensive secondary couldn't possibly be more injured next year than this year, and like you said the cowboys have all that cap space so I'm sure they'll blow it on someone. As long as Garrett and Dak are there I like the Eagles chances.
One year wonders. The sooner you accept it, the easier it will ultimately be. :coffee:
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Grizalltheway wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
One year wonders. The sooner you accept it, the easier it will ultimately be. :coffee:
Eh, I think the Cowboys could still be decent next year, even with Dak still at QB. Don't write them off.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

93henfan wrote:
Grizalltheway wrote: One year wonders. The sooner you accept it, the easier it will ultimately be. :coffee:
Eh, I think the Cowboys could still be decent next year, even with Dak still at QB. Don't write them off.
Agreed, as long as Ezekiel stays away from another Kareem Hunt thing the cowboys won't be terrible, even with Jason Garrett clapping away on the sideline.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

GannonFan wrote:
93henfan wrote:
Agreed, as long as Ezekiel stays away from another Kareem Hunt thing the cowboys won't be terrible, even with Jason Garrett clapping away on the sideline.
I don't know man. With the kind of women a guy like Ezekiel is into (i.e. gold digging airheads), it's only a matter of time before he tells another one how he feels with a right hook. Jerrah needs to make sure Dallas PD has a good cover plan and Ezekiel retains the same lawyer he does.

css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

Grizalltheway wrote:
GannonFan wrote:

The fluke that was last years Eagles are back to normal. Anything can happen in the playoffs, but you have to make the playoffs. LY Eagles are proof that if you get hot in playoffs anything can happen.

93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

css75 wrote:
Grizalltheway wrote: One year wonders. The sooner you accept it, the easier it will ultimately be. :coffee:

The fluke that was last years Eagles are back to normal. Anything can happen in the playoffs, but you have to make the playoffs. LY Eagles are proof that if you get hot in playoffs anything can happen.

A fluke beat Brady and Belichick. Roger that.
Vidav
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Vidav »

93henfan wrote:
css75 wrote:

A fluke beat Brady and Belichick. Roger that.
phpBB [video]
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

I'm sorry. I didn't realize the Super Bowl was on Sunday. My bad.
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

phpBB [video]
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

So the Giants two Super Bowl wins over NE were flukes too? Roger that.