Masters 2018

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: Masters 2018

Post by Ibanez »

GannonFan wrote:
Ibanez wrote:Wow. I had no idea Vijay had fallen that far. 750/1 odds?! Damn.

I'll always root for Dustin Johnson.
Vijay is 66 years old - he'll be in the ceremonial group teeing off pretty soon before you know it.
I also didn’t know he was 66

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

And now Niclaus’s CADDY hits a hole in one.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

And now Jack’s grandson and caddy hits a hole in one on the last hole.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ibanez wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
Vijay is 66 years old - he'll be in the ceremonial group teeing off pretty soon before you know it.
I also didn’t know he was 66

LOL. He’s not 66. He’s 54. :x :roll:
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Ibanez wrote: I also didn’t know he was 66

It irks me to no end when people get history wrong... :ohno:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote:

No the other Vijay.

Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

Only tourney, I make a point to watch some, got to go with Speith.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

I took Spieth, Thomas, Fowler, and Stenson in my pool. Lefties and foreigners are always good bets in the Masters but I just can't bring myself to root for Phil and Harmon is still too much an unknown.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

AZGrizFan wrote:Danny Willett at 400/1??? Holy shit, that guy WON this tournament just two years ago. I might put a 20 down on that if I were in Vegas right now...
I thought the same thing, but he had to WD from the Bay Hill after one round. Something wrong with him.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

AZGrizFan wrote:And now Niclaus’s CADDY hits a hole in one.
Glad I wasn't online here late afternoon. I watched the replay last night not having seen any highlights. That was one of the most enjoyable hour plus of coverage I've ever seen. The young bucks having fun, the old guys lighting it up, Watson winning, Jack's grandson.... :notworthy:

Has this been on in past years? I really don't recall ever seeing it broadcast. It was awesome.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

AZGrizFan wrote:

Vijay -2 thru 11 in second place.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

89Hen wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
Vijay -2 thru 11 in second place.
I blame Google or Wiki or Microsoft Internet Explorer (they don't allow Chrome at work!) for the gaffe. When you search for Vijay, the side panel after the search for his Wiki entry shows his age as 66 (born in 1953). You click in and it says the correct age. Ironically, I should've noticed something was up with the techies - they list Vijay as a "historian" in the same panel. Silly tech people. :rofl:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Regardless. Singh now -3 and tied for lead.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

BTW, Tiger +1 thru 9
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Tiger finishes +1 after going as far back as +3. Bigger story of the day, though, is Sergio doing a Tin Cup imitation - cards a 13 on the par 5 15th after putting 5 balls in the water. Worst score in the history of the tournament for that hole and worst score by anyone on any hole in the tournament since 1980. Sergio's weekend is now free by the way.
Last edited by GannonFan on Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly
I am a fan of: Wiping.
A.K.A.: HE HATE ME

Post by andy7171 »

bandl wrote:
ASUG8 wrote:
No doubt, Tiger will be front page news on Sunday whether he's leading or 40 strokes out - "Tiger in the hunt" is the most worn tag in golf news. :ohno:
As he should be. Otherwise lightly casual golf fans like myself, and many others, won't be watching.
This!
"Elaine, you're from Baltimore, right?"
"Yes, well, Towson actually."
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly
I am a fan of: Wiping.
A.K.A.: HE HATE ME

Post by andy7171 »

I'm pulling for SuperHorney's favorite. The Immortal Danny Whillett.

Seriously though, I like Boom Boom.

And I'll watch if Tiger makes the cut. I ain't no hater.
"Elaine, you're from Baltimore, right?"
"Yes, well, Towson actually."
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

GannonFan wrote:Bigger story of the day, though, is Sergio doing a Tin Cup imitation - cards a 13 on the par 5 15th after putting 4 balls in the water. Worst score in the history of the tournament for that hole and worst score by anyone on any hole in the tournament since 1980. Sergio's weekend is now free by the way.
As big... Tony Finau dislocating his ankle celebrating a hole in one during the Par 3 contest, snapping it back in, finishing the nine holes... and now leading.

phpBB [video]
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

89Hen wrote:
GannonFan wrote:Bigger story of the day, though, is Sergio doing a Tin Cup imitation - cards a 13 on the par 5 15th after putting 4 balls in the water. Worst score in the history of the tournament for that hole and worst score by anyone on any hole in the tournament since 1980. Sergio's weekend is now free by the way.
As big... Tony Finau dislocating his ankle celebrating a hole in one during the Par 3 contest, snapping it back in, finishing the nine holes... and now leading.

phpBB [video]
I just saw that too - and the guy snapped it back into place himself.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Spieth on the back nine today:

93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

And I jinxed him. Right as I posted that, Spieth’s drive at 18 goes about 50 feet into the tree line left.

Edit: Stiil gets a bogey. What a Day 1.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote:Tiger finishes +1 after going as far back as +3. Bigger story of the day, though, is Sergio doing a Tin Cup imitation - cards a 13 on the par 5 15th after putting 5 balls in the water. Worst score in the history of the tournament for that hole and worst score by anyone on any hole in the tournament since 1980. Sergio's weekend is now free by the way.
I keep see people saying this on Facebook about Sergio and I only saw Tin Cup once (it was that bad) but wasn't Costner's character going for a par 5 in two over water with a 3 wood rather a short wedge shot Sergio couldn't hit deep enough, low enough, or take enough spin off of?

:ugeek:
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

kalm wrote:
GannonFan wrote:Tiger finishes +1 after going as far back as +3. Bigger story of the day, though, is Sergio doing a Tin Cup imitation - cards a 13 on the par 5 15th after putting 5 balls in the water. Worst score in the history of the tournament for that hole and worst score by anyone on any hole in the tournament since 1980. Sergio's weekend is now free by the way.
I keep see people saying this on Facebook about Sergio and I only saw Tin Cup once (it was that bad) but wasn't Costner's character going for a par 5 in two over water with a 3 wood rather a short wedge shot Sergio couldn't hit deep enough, low enough, or take enough spin off of?

Sergio was biting his tongue during an interview after the round. I thought it was bullshit that a ball that comes that close to stopping, then picks up speed, and rolls into a hazard is way too penal. I felt like he thought the same thing, but the closest he came to saying it was something like "all of those shots were good shots".

I remember John Daly complaining about Pinehurst No. 2 with the "turtle back" greens at the US Open in the 90's. I didn't think much of it until I played the course. My playing partner chipped onto the green from the front and it got to within 10 feet of the hole only to roll back and go into a sand trap. It's one thing to roll away from the hole, or even off the green, but to roll into a hazard, after nearly coming to rest, is a bit much. :twocents:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote:

I believe the FIRST ball in the water he was going for it in two...It was a long iron which came up a bit short of the pin (on the slope) and rolled back into the water). He went up and dropped at a “comfortable” distance and proceeded to put the next four in with tons of spin.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

CAA Flagship wrote:
kalm wrote:

Sergio was biting his tongue during an interview after the round. I thought it was bullshit that a ball that comes that close to stopping, then picks up speed, and rolls into a hazard is way too penal. I felt like he thought the same thing, but the closest he came to saying it was something like "all of those shots were good shots".

I remember John Daly complaining about Pinehurst No. 2 with the "turtle back" greens at the US Open in the 90's. I didn't think much of it until I played the course. My playing partner chipped onto the green from the front and it got to within 10 feet of the hole only to roll back and go into a sand trap. It's one thing to roll away from the hole, or even off the green, but to roll into a hazard, after nearly coming to rest, is a bit much. :twocents:
Sergio definitely was biting his tongue, but seriously, after the SECOND ball in the water, you don’t change your fucking approach? You follow it up with three more identical shots that ALL go into the water? :dunce: