Masters 2018

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Re: Masters 2018

Post by AZGrizFan »

93henfan wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
You’re missing some great golf from people who can ACTUALLY play still.
Too boring.

I'm watching my first NHL game of the season! Rangers @ Flyers.
So you LIKE watching guys shoot 75? Weird.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

I'm pissed at the lack of full live coverage of the Masters. Sure, they are picking up the leaders once they start, but I wouldn't mind watching some of the rest of the field. In the age of "fantasy", I would think there would be interest in the rest of the field.

Disclaimer: Golf is the only fantasy game I play. It's a one time "draft" in October that lasts the whole season. No changes after that.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Captain America in the lead, going into the final round.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

And here comes Spieth, charging to the wire! :popcorn:
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

Speith ran out of gas at the end, but Fowler charging. It is Reed’s to lose.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Gil Dobie wrote:Image
Announcing the inaugural inductees in the sporting fat guy HOF!

Patrick Reed
Phil Mickelson
Angel Cabrera
John Daly
Prince Fielder
Pablo Sandoval
David Ortiz
CC Sabathia
Tony Stewart
Vince Wilfork
Sebastian Janikowski
Butterbean
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

93henfan wrote:

Patrick Reed
Phil Mickelson
Angel Cabrera
John Daly
Prince Fielder
Pablo Sandoval
David Ortiz
CC Sabathia
Tony Stewart
Vince Wilfork
Sebastian Janikowski
Butterbean
I think the name should be in honor of the all-time best fat guy, the Babe Ruth Hall of Fame
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

93henfan wrote:

Patrick Reed
Phil Mickelson
Angel Cabrera
John Daly
Prince Fielder
Pablo Sandoval
David Ortiz
CC Sabathia
Tony Stewart
Vince Wilfork
Sebastian Janikowski
Butterbean
Bad week for me to defend golf's athleticism....

:tiptoe:
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

kalm wrote:
93henfan wrote:

Patrick Reed
Phil Mickelson
Angel Cabrera
John Daly
Prince Fielder
Pablo Sandoval
David Ortiz
CC Sabathia
Tony Stewart
Vince Wilfork
Sebastian Janikowski
Butterbean
Bad week for me to defend golf's athleticism....

:tiptoe:
And William Perry

kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

CAA Flagship wrote:I'm pissed at the lack of full live coverage of the Masters. Sure, they are picking up the leaders once they start, but I wouldn't mind watching some of the rest of the field. In the age of "fantasy", I would think there would be interest in the rest of the field.
Watch online. Seriously. You can watch Amen Corner, 15-16, different groups, etc...

And no, there is zero interest in the rest of the field unless they do something special or crazy, and then they do show it.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

89Hen wrote:
CAA Flagship wrote:I'm pissed at the lack of full live coverage of the Masters. Sure, they are picking up the leaders once they start, but I wouldn't mind watching some of the rest of the field. In the age of "fantasy", I would think there would be interest in the rest of the field.
Watch online. Seriously. You can watch Amen Corner, 15-16, different groups, etc...

And no, there is zero interest in the rest of the field unless they do something special or crazy, and then they do show it.
Like Tough Luck Charlie's hole-in-one.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

89Hen wrote:

Bah.
I remember when the Masters broadcast only showed the back nine. Nobody ever knew what the front nine looked like. :ohno:
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

CAA Flagship wrote:
89Hen wrote: Watch online. Seriously. You can watch Amen Corner, 15-16, different groups, etc...

Bah.
I remember when the Masters broadcast only showed the back nine. Nobody ever knew what the front nine looked like. :ohno:
So why you bitchin? The coverage is fan-friggen-tastic. Hell, you can watch the Par 3 contest live. Golf Channel has Live From The Masters every day and night, ESPN has coverage Wed-Fri, CBS live coverage on the weekend, CBSSports has the weekend replays in the evening, pre-game coverage from the driving range and a really damn good HD live streaming on the website that is on my second monitor at work all day Thurs and Fri. :tothehand:
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

89Hen wrote:
CAA Flagship wrote: Bah.
So why you bitchin? The coverage is fan-friggen-tastic. Hell, you can watch the Par 3 contest live. Golf Channel has Live From The Masters every day and night, ESPN has coverage Wed-Fri, CBS live coverage on the weekend, CBSSports has the weekend replays in the evening, pre-game coverage from the driving range and a really damn good HD live streaming on the website that is on my second monitor at work all day Thurs and Fri. :tothehand:
He's trying to be the official curmudgeon of CS.Com.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Gil Dobie wrote:
89Hen wrote: So why you bitchin? The coverage is fan-friggen-tastic. Hell, you can watch the Par 3 contest live. Golf Channel has Live From The Masters every day and night, ESPN has coverage Wed-Fri, CBS live coverage on the weekend, CBSSports has the weekend replays in the evening, pre-game coverage from the driving range and a really damn good HD live streaming on the website that is on my second monitor at work all day Thurs and Fri. :tothehand:
He's trying to be the official curmudgeon of CS.Com.
Voting is over. I hold that title for the rest of the year. Maybe he's already running for 2019? Are there term limits? :?
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

89Hen wrote:
CAA Flagship wrote: Bah.
The coverage could be better. I just want to see the whole tournament. What's wrong with that? I wouldn't say that about any other tourney, including the other 3 majors. I had "Live from the Masters" on for about 20 hours the last 5 or 6 days. 90% of that is worthless babble (I say that because nobody other than Begay picked Reed after Saturday which is crazy because McIlroy's round on Saturday gave absolutely no indication that he would win.).
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

CAA Flagship wrote:
89Hen wrote: So why you bitchin? The coverage is fan-friggen-tastic. Hell, you can watch the Par 3 contest live. Golf Channel has Live From The Masters every day and night, ESPN has coverage Wed-Fri, CBS live coverage on the weekend, CBSSports has the weekend replays in the evening, pre-game coverage from the driving range and a really damn good HD live streaming on the website that is on my second monitor at work all day Thurs and Fri. :tothehand:
The coverage could be better. I just want to see the whole tournament. What's wrong with that?.
Nothing, watch online. You can't cover Charlie Hoffman hitting his approach to 13 and cover the guys who are actually in the hunt at the same time. Just stop. :tothehand:
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

89Hen wrote:
CAA Flagship wrote: The coverage could be better. I just want to see the whole tournament. What's wrong with that?.
Nothing, watch online. You can't cover Charlie Hoffman hitting his approach to 13 and cover the guys who are actually in the hunt at the same time. Just stop. :tothehand:
:? :?
I'm talking about the guys playing BEFORE the leaders tee off. Coverage started when the 5th to last group teed off at 1. Once the top ten are playing, sure, focus on them unless there is a great shot or if an old guy is finishing on 18.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

CAA Flagship wrote:
89Hen wrote: Nothing, watch online. You can't cover Charlie Hoffman hitting his approach to 13 and cover the guys who are actually in the hunt at the same time. Just stop. :tothehand:
:? :?
I'm talking about the guys playing BEFORE the leaders tee off. Coverage started when the 5th to last group teed off at 1. Once the top ten are playing, sure, focus on them unless there is a great shot or if an old guy is finishing on 18.
CBS must have an exclusive where ESPN and Golf Channel can't show live weekend coverage. I'd have NO problem if somebody was broadcasting from the first tee shot at 9am. :thumb:
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

89Hen wrote:
CAA Flagship wrote: :? :?
CBS must have an exclusive where ESPN and Golf Channel can't show live weekend coverage. I'd have NO problem if somebody was broadcasting from the first tee shot at 9am. :thumb:
Yeah, I'm sure it's something like that. But like I said, in these days of "fantasy", I can't think of another big fantasy sport where "your guys" are not televised.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

CAA Flagship wrote:
89Hen wrote: CBS must have an exclusive where ESPN and Golf Channel can't show live weekend coverage. I'd have NO problem if somebody was broadcasting from the first tee shot at 9am. :thumb:
Yeah, I'm sure it's something like that. But like I said, in these days of "fantasy", I can't think of another big fantasy sport where "your guys" are not televised.
We should have a Golf Major fantasy thread, starting with the US Open.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

CAA Flagship wrote:
89Hen wrote: CBS must have an exclusive where ESPN and Golf Channel can't show live weekend coverage. I'd have NO problem if somebody was broadcasting from the first tee shot at 9am. :thumb:
That's a lot of televising. How long did the last round of the Masters go, from the time the first guys teed off to the time when Reed sank his last putt? Maybe from 10AM to 7PM? Besides, there are tons of fantasy players that never see "their guys" play, they just watch the numbers on their app move up and down.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation