US Hockey team acting like snowflakes

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
css75
Level3
Level3

US Hockey team acting like snowflakes

Post by css75 »

I am sure most of you heard about the US hockey team refusing to shake hands with the Russians after losing 4-0.

The coach got his panties in a bunch and said they were trying to run the score up. This is not little league, not everyone gets a trophy. Suck it up and learn from it and quit being babies.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Re: US Hockey team acting like snowflakes

Post by 93henfan »

It sucks that the NHL didn’t allow us to send our best. Granted, some of Russia’s best are in the NHL as well, but not nearly the percentage that we have not allowed to go, and they have their own Russian pro league (KHL) that freed up its players for the Olympics.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

93henfan wrote:It sucks that the NHL didn’t allow us to send our best. Granted, some of Russia’s best are in the NHL as well, but not nearly the percentage that we have not allowed to go, and they have their own Russian pro league (KHL) that freed up its players for the Olympics.
Yeah it's lame, but it at least gives us a chance of beating the canucks. They could field two teams capable of winning gold.
AshevilleApp
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: ASU
A.K.A.: AshevilleApp2

Post by AshevilleApp »

I've got mixed feelings on the NHL allowing players in the Olympics. Yeah, it allows the best to compete for the Gold. But it can also potentially ruin Stanley Cup chances due to injuries. I held my breath through the 2002 Olympics when 11 Red Wings were playing for various countries. Only 2 for the USA. Especially with Steve Yzerman playing with basically no cartilage in his knee.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Maybe they were afraid they'd wind up on Jelly's thread if they shook hands with Russians

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris