2018 NASCAR/INDYCAR/F1

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
WWII
Level1
Level1
Posts: 168
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:28 pm
I am a fan of: UAlbany

Re: 2018 NASCAR/INDYCAR/F1

Postby WWII » Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:26 pm

It was one of the best F1 races I've seen,

User avatar
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 47114
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:16 pm
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina
A.K.A.: Shameless Street Dog

Re: 2018 NASCAR/INDYCAR/F1

Postby Ibanez » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:14 am

ImageImage
ROVAL presser today at work. Lots of Bank and NASCAR swag. The pace car looks and sounds pretty damn sweet. I haven’t checked out the pink one yet- but it looks like they’re letting people write on it with Sharpies.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17

User avatar
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 48327
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:03 pm

Re: 2018 NASCAR/INDYCAR/F1

Postby 93henfan » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:30 am

Ibanez wrote:ImageImage
ROVAL presser today at work. Lots of Bank and NASCAR swag. The pace car looks and sounds pretty damn sweet. I haven’t checked out the pink one yet- but it looks like they’re letting people write on it with Sharpies.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I’m glad to see NASCAR try something to make Charlotte exciting again. It was a victim of its own popularity in the 80s. Once it was cloned five times over, it became two of the same ten or twelve races on the schedule. Now watch them “roval” all of the Charlotte clones. :lol:

User avatar
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 47114
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:16 pm
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina
A.K.A.: Shameless Street Dog

Re: 2018 NASCAR/INDYCAR/F1

Postby Ibanez » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:06 am

93henfan wrote:
Ibanez wrote:ImageImage
ROVAL presser today at work. Lots of Bank and NASCAR swag. The pace car looks and sounds pretty damn sweet. I haven’t checked out the pink one yet- but it looks like they’re letting people write on it with Sharpies.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I’m glad to see NASCAR try something to make Charlotte exciting again. It was a victim of its own popularity in the 80s. Once it was cloned five times over, it became two of the same ten or twelve races on the schedule. Now watch them “roval” all of the Charlotte clones. :lol:

It sounds cool. 2.28 Miles, 17 turns. The Bank of America 400 will be neat to see.


But- I know what I’m doing for my birthday this weekend: renting a car and driving the ROVAL for free!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17

User avatar
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 48327
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:03 pm

Re: 2018 NASCAR/INDYCAR/F1

Postby 93henfan » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:15 am

Ibanez wrote:
93henfan wrote:
I’m glad to see NASCAR try something to make Charlotte exciting again. It was a victim of its own popularity in the 80s. Once it was cloned five times over, it became two of the same ten or twelve races on the schedule. Now watch them “roval” all of the Charlotte clones. :lol:

It sounds cool. 2.28 Miles, 17 turns. The Bank of America 400 will be neat to see.


But- I know what I’m doing for my birthday this weekend: renting a car and driving the ROVAL for free!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


That’s what I loved about Ford Performance Racing School. I got to abuse the **** out of somebody else’s cars and tires.

User avatar
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 47114
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:16 pm
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina
A.K.A.: Shameless Street Dog

Re: 2018 NASCAR/INDYCAR/F1

Postby Ibanez » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:23 am

Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17

User avatar
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 47114
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:16 pm
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina
A.K.A.: Shameless Street Dog

Re: 2018 NASCAR/INDYCAR/F1

Postby Ibanez » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:27 am

93henfan wrote:
Ibanez wrote:It sounds cool. 2.28 Miles, 17 turns. The Bank of America 400 will be neat to see.


But- I know what I’m doing for my birthday this weekend: renting a car and driving the ROVAL for free!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


That’s what I loved about Ford Performance Racing School. I got to abuse the **** out of somebody else’s cars and tires.

This is a take your personal car test drive. I've already to my wife to tell our friends that we're having dinner with on Saturday night to book the babysitter for earlier. We're going up to Concord and driving the **** outta that rental for 6.84 miles :lol:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17

User avatar
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 47114
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:16 pm
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina
A.K.A.: Shameless Street Dog

Re: 2018 NASCAR/INDYCAR/F1

Postby Ibanez » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:28 am

http://www.espn.com/jayski/cup/2018/sto ... -roval-400

Image

Charlotte Motor Speedway expanded on its groundbreaking new era of innovation on Monday, with the unveiling of a new, dynamic logo for the Sept. 28-30 Bank of America ROVAL™ 400 race weekend - which will feature the first playoff road course races in NASCAR history.

The first-ever 400-kilometer Bank of America ROVAL™ 400 will be the longest road-course race in NASCAR.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17

User avatar
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 48327
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:03 pm

Re: 2018 NASCAR/INDYCAR/F1

Postby 93henfan » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:40 am

Fair warning. BDK posted at length about the roval months ago. You’re about to get....

BDKlinked!!!!

User avatar
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 48327
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:03 pm

Re: 2018 NASCAR/INDYCAR/F1

Postby 93henfan » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:42 am

But while we’re on the topic, brakes are going to be very interesting in that race, particularly hitting that chicane on the backstretch at high speed.

User avatar
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 47114
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:16 pm
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina
A.K.A.: Shameless Street Dog

Re: 2018 NASCAR/INDYCAR/F1

Postby Ibanez » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:47 am

93henfan wrote:Fair warning. BDK posted at length about the roval months ago. You’re about to get....

BDKlinked!!!!

:lol: Thanks for the heads up...i'm sure he's searching this thread for all the pertinent posts to tell a person that rarely, if ever, has posted in this thread that he knew about it first (which is really his main objective.) :thumb:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17

User avatar
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 47114
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:16 pm
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina
A.K.A.: Shameless Street Dog

Re: 2018 NASCAR/INDYCAR/F1

Postby Ibanez » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:48 am

93henfan wrote:But while we’re on the topic, brakes are going to be very interesting in that race, particularly hitting that chicane on the backstretch at high speed.

So...at the beginning the event there was a video of the track and interviews with some of the drivers that have already tested it out: Gordon, Mario Andretti, Kasey Kahne and Kyle Busch (I think that was his name). Andretti and Gordon said almost the same thing: It's a fun and challenging course that will be hell on the brakes. :coffee:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17

User avatar
89Hen
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
Posts: 30034
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:13 pm
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: Fisher of Men

Re: 2018 NASCAR/INDYCAR/F1

Postby 89Hen » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:14 am

35' elevation change... how's that?
Image

User avatar
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 48327
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:03 pm

Re: 2018 NASCAR/INDYCAR/F1

Postby 93henfan » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:16 am

89Hen wrote:35' elevation change... how's that?


To the top of the banking and back down probably. :lol:

User avatar
89Hen
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
Posts: 30034
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:13 pm
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: Fisher of Men

Re: 2018 NASCAR/INDYCAR/F1

Postby 89Hen » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:21 am

93henfan wrote:
89Hen wrote:35' elevation change... how's that?


To the top of the banking and back down probably. :lol:

That's was I was thinking. I was pretty sure these things are built with no elevation change and hills in the infield would be pretty dumb from a viewing and drainage standpoint.
Image

User avatar
Winterborn
Level2
Level2
Posts: 604
Joined: Wed May 25, 2016 2:33 pm
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups
Location: Wherever I hang my hat

Re: 2018 NASCAR/INDYCAR/F1

Postby Winterborn » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:21 pm

89Hen wrote:That's was I was thinking. I was pretty sure these things are built with no elevation change and hills in the infield would be pretty dumb from a viewing and drainage standpoint.


Jumps always make things interesting. :nod:

User avatar
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
Posts: 11515
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:56 pm
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Re: 2018 NASCAR/INDYCAR/F1

Postby Skjellyfetti » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:08 pm

Why do NASCAR and Indycar drive different cars? I don't get it. Someone please explain.

BDK?
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)


grizzaholic
One Man Wolfpack
One Man Wolfpack
Posts: 34460
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:13 am
I am a fan of: That Team
A.K.A.: Billy Mays
Location: Backwoods of Montana

Re: 2018 NASCAR/INDYCAR/F1

Postby grizzaholic » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:20 pm

Skjellyfetti wrote:Why do NASCAR and Indycar drive different cars? I don't get it. Someone please explain.

BDK?


You get one of these :dunce:
and one of these
Image
Image

User avatar
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
Posts: 14275
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:59 am
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU
Location: Philly Burbs

Re: 2018 NASCAR/INDYCAR/F1

Postby BDKJMU » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:22 pm

Ibanez wrote:Image
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speaking of Toyota in NASCAR & the Camry, the Toyota Supra returning to the US in 2019 after a 20 year abscence. Was last sold in the US in 1998..Announced a few days ago:
Toyota Supra NASCAR Xfinity Series car confirmed for 2019
Image
Toyota is bringing a true two-door car to NASCAR's second-tier Xfinity series next year.
The automaker has unveiled the new Supra-branded car it will compete with in 2019.
Image
The entry is based on the upcoming reboot of the Supra that is being co-developed with BMW and will replace the current Camry-based car in the series.

The NASCAR version wears bodywork that resembles the roadgoing coupe, which has yet to be revealed, but is built on the same spec chassis design as the Chevrolet Camaro and Ford Mustang it will be racing against.

Toyota will continue to run Camrys in the Sprint Cup series in 2019 when Ford switches to Mustangs to go up against the Chevrolet Camaro introduced this season.
http://www.foxnews.com/auto/2018/07/07/ ... -2019.html
Houston: Made JMU Football Great Again.
-30-3
-29-1 vs IAA.
-18-0 vs CAA (JMU 20 straight wins vs CAA). 1st Yankee/A-10/CAA team ever to go undefeated in league play in back to back seasons.
-18-0 at home.

User avatar
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
Posts: 14275
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:59 am
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU
Location: Philly Burbs

Re: 2018 NASCAR/INDYCAR/F1

Postby BDKJMU » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:30 pm

Ibanez wrote:
93henfan wrote:Fair warning. BDK posted at length about the roval months ago. You’re about to get....

BDKlinked!!!!

:lol: Thanks for the heads up...i'm sure he's searching this thread for all the pertinent posts to tell a person that rarely, if ever, has posted in this thread that he knew about it first (which is really his main objective.) :thumb:

Wrong. Don't care. I only mentioned it in the 2017 thread (May 17') & only briefly at that when talking about the then just released 2018 schedule.
Houston: Made JMU Football Great Again.
-30-3
-29-1 vs IAA.
-18-0 vs CAA (JMU 20 straight wins vs CAA). 1st Yankee/A-10/CAA team ever to go undefeated in league play in back to back seasons.
-18-0 at home.

User avatar
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
Posts: 14275
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:59 am
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU
Location: Philly Burbs

Re: 2018 NASCAR/INDYCAR/F1

Postby BDKJMU » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:33 pm

89Hen wrote:35' elevation change... how's that?

That's nothing. The Sonoma roadcourse has a 160 ft elevation change.
Houston: Made JMU Football Great Again.
-30-3
-29-1 vs IAA.
-18-0 vs CAA (JMU 20 straight wins vs CAA). 1st Yankee/A-10/CAA team ever to go undefeated in league play in back to back seasons.
-18-0 at home.

User avatar
89Hen
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
Posts: 30034
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:13 pm
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: Fisher of Men

Re: 2018 NASCAR/INDYCAR/F1

Postby 89Hen » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:13 am

BDKJMU wrote:
89Hen wrote:35' elevation change... how's that?

That's nothing. The Sonoma roadcourse has a 160 ft elevation change.

:suspicious: It's a road course dummy. There is no way there is 35' of elevation change on an oval track and its infield.
Image

User avatar
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 47114
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:16 pm
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina
A.K.A.: Shameless Street Dog

Re: 2018 NASCAR/INDYCAR/F1

Postby Ibanez » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:38 am

89Hen wrote:
BDKJMU wrote:That's nothing. The Sonoma roadcourse has a 160 ft elevation change.

:suspicious: It's a road course dummy. There is no way there is 35' of elevation change on an oval track and its infield.

You mean the track can't be built up on one end?
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17

User avatar
89Hen
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
Posts: 30034
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:13 pm
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: Fisher of Men

Re: 2018 NASCAR/INDYCAR/F1

Postby 89Hen » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:25 am

Ibanez wrote:
89Hen wrote: :suspicious: It's a road course dummy. There is no way there is 35' of elevation change on an oval track and its infield.

You mean the track can't be built up on one end?

As 93 said, only if you count the banking.
Image

User avatar
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
Posts: 14275
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:59 am
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU
Location: Philly Burbs

Re: 2018 NASCAR/INDYCAR/F1

Postby BDKJMU » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:59 am

89Hen wrote:
BDKJMU wrote:That's nothing. The Sonoma roadcourse has a 160 ft elevation change.

:suspicious: It's a road course dummy. There is no way there is 35' of elevation change on an oval track and its infield.

35 ft over 2.28 miles is nothing dummy, even if wasn't the banking.
Houston: Made JMU Football Great Again.
-30-3
-29-1 vs IAA.
-18-0 vs CAA (JMU 20 straight wins vs CAA). 1st Yankee/A-10/CAA team ever to go undefeated in league play in back to back seasons.
-18-0 at home.


Return to “Other Sports”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 35 guests