2019 NASCAR/INDYCAR/F1

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Re: 2018 NASCAR/INDYCAR/F1

Post by BDKJMU »

Pocono.
1. Truex: led 31 laps, also won 1st stage. Disastrous pit stop end of stage 1 dropped him to 14th. After a disastrous April, has been 2nd, 2nd, 1st the last 3 points races.
2. Larson
3. Harvick: led 89 laps, won 2nd stage
4. Kyle Busch: led 13 laps
5. Keselowski: led 11 laps
6. Blaney: led 11 laps, sat on pole.
7. Almirola
8. Johnson
9. Logano
10. Elliott

Its clear right now the top 3 are Harvick (5 wins), Busch (4 wins), and Truex (2 wins), who have won 11 of the points 14 races between them. You can pencil in Harvick & Busch for Homestead. Likely Truex, but he'll need to get more playoff points and his pit crew will have to get better. Probably the biggest difference between the #78 and the #4 & #18 right now.

As far as who the 4th will likely be at Homestead? Total crap shoot. Probably amongst the 3 Penskes, Bowyer, Hamlin, and Larson, the only Chevy who looks like a possibility now.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Watching Practice 1 at the Canadian GP at the moment on the U. What a relief of a track after watching too-narrow Monaco in the previous race. Beautiful weather in Montreal in early June as well. I would have been there again this yearif school hadn't run so long for my sons this year. Great place to watch a race.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Chevy has a problem.

Only one Chevy in the Top Ten in the standings: Larson, 9th.

No Chevy's in the Top Ten in qualifying at Michigan yesterday.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

93henfan wrote:Chevy has a problem.

Only one Chevy in the Top Ten in the standings: Larson, 9th.

No Chevy's in the Top Ten in qualifying at Michigan yesterday.
That's been evident the whole season with the new Camaro. The last couple races (the 600 & Pocono) it looked like maybe Chevy was starting to turn the corner with the Camaro teething issues. Maybe not..I don't know if its aero, horsepower, not as many top drivers. Maybe a combination of all 3.

Last five 2 mile races Kyle Larson:
2016 Aug Michigan 1st
2017 Fontana 1st
2017 Michigan 1st
2017 Michigan 1st
2018 Fontana: 2nd
If Larson, the best there is on 2 mile tracks, couldn't qualify top 10 at Michigan, only qualified 26th :shock: that is a bad sign for Chevy.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Grrr. Vettel on the pole in Canada. Hamilton kept locking up heading into the hairpin. Will start 4th, right behind Crash Verstappen. Point chase should tighten right up if Hamilton can't make the podium.

Top three teams fill the top six spots:

QUALIFYING RESULTS
Pos. Driver Team Time
1 Sebastian Vettel Ferrari 1:10.764
2 Valtteri Bottas Mercedes 1:10.857
3 Max Verstappen Red Bull Racing 1:10.937
4 Lewis Hamilton Mercedes 1:10.996
5 Kimi Räikkönen Ferrari 1:11.095
6 Daniel Ricciardo Red Bull Racing 1:11.116
polsongrizz
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: MONTANA
A.K.A.: The Beer Snob

Post by polsongrizz »

93henfan wrote:Watching Practice 1 at the Canadian GP at the moment on the U. What a relief of a track after watching too-narrow Monaco in the previous race. Beautiful weather in Montreal in early June as well. I would have been there again this yearif school hadn't run so long for my sons this year. Great place to watch a race.
Agreed, this is a great place to see a race. We were also at the last F1 race at Indy with seats in front of the bricks, not that great of a place to watch any race honestly. We still haven't been down to texas yet but have it in the back of the melon for things to do.
On a different note Hamilton seems to be in trouble today. His point lead looks to be dropping. Also for some reason I didn't realize that Hass is running Ferrari. :ohno:
“We didn’t have a man or woman in the drone,” Trump explained to a confused America. “We had nobody in the drone. It would have made a big difference, let me tell you. It would have made a big, big difference.”
Mexico will pay for the wall
THE MOON IS PART OF MARS
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

polsongrizz wrote:
93henfan wrote:Watching Practice 1 at the Canadian GP at the moment on the U. What a relief of a track after watching too-narrow Monaco in the previous race. Beautiful weather in Montreal in early June as well. I would have been there again this yearif school hadn't run so long for my sons this year. Great place to watch a race.
Agreed, this is a great place to see a race. We were also at the last F1 race at Indy with seats in front of the bricks, not that great of a place to watch any race honestly. We still haven't been down to texas yet but have it in the back of the melon for things to do.
On a different note Hamilton seems to be in trouble today. His point lead looks to be dropping. Also for some reason I didn't realize that Hass is running Ferrari. :ohno:
Hamilton had a double-whammy at the start. Ferrari started on hypersofts and MB on ultras, so Vettel had a half a second a lap advantage right off the bat. Then the distance advantage of the ultras was lost because Hamilton was having a cooling issue and had to pit early on them. So now he's on supers (even slower) to try to last the rest of the race. He's looking at a 6th place finish (8 pts). If Vettel wins (25 pts), he'll be in the points lead by 3 points. Heckuva points chase shaping up between Ferrari and Mercedes this year.
polsongrizz
Level4
Level4

Post by polsongrizz »

I think Ham is safe in 5th right now.
“We didn’t have a man or woman in the drone,” Trump explained to a confused America. “We had nobody in the drone. It would have made a big difference, let me tell you. It would have made a big, big difference.”
THE MOON IS PART OF MARS
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

polsongrizz wrote:I think Ham is safe in 5th right now.
That's where he finished. Would have been nice to pass Ricciardo to get fourth and stay in the points lead; he's down one to Vettel now.

Another point: Hamilton is still on his first engine of the year. It has seven races on it. Ricciardo had a brand new engine. F1 rules state you can only use three engines for the season (21 races). This was certainly Hamilton's last on this one. He just wasn't fast today.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Three JGR cars (Busch, Hamlin, Jones) to the rear of the field for illegal splitters in Michigan.

Cheaters. :ohno:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

93henfan wrote:Three JGR cars (Busch, Hamlin, Jones) to the rear of the field for illegal splitters in Michigan.

Cheaters. :ohno:
I dont know how much it helped. Race 2 1/4 hours delayed start because of rain, then is called with 67 of 200 laps remaining because of more rain. Bowyer on the last restart start of final stage on 2 tires holds off Harvick on 4. Another lap or 2 Harvick would have had him.
1. BOWER Stewart Haas Ford
2. HARVICK Stewart Haas Ford
3. KURT BUSCH Stewart Haas Ford
4. KYLE BUSCH Toyota
5. PAUL MENARD Wood Brothers/Penske alliance Ford
6. KESELOWSKI Penske Ford
7. LOGANO Penske Ford
8. BLANEY Penske Ford
9. ELLIOTT Chevrolet
10. MCMURRAY Chevrolet
11. ALMIROLA Stewart Haas Ford
12. HAMLIN Toyota
13.BYRON Chevrolet
14. DILLON Chevrolet
15. JONES Toyota
phpBB [video]
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Stupid coont..
Supermodel's quick flag ends Canadian Grand Prix one lap early
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/m ... 689233002/
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

BDKJMU wrote:Stupid coont..
Supermodel's quick flag ends Canadian Grand Prix one lap early
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/m ... 689233002/
Believe it or not, I actually saw that. :lol: :dunce:
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

They told to her to wave it when she saw the red car. There are two and she picked the wrong one.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

93henfan wrote:They told to her to wave it when she saw the red car. There are two and she picked the wrong one.
She does have a bid of color trouble.
polsongrizz
Level4
Level4

Post by polsongrizz »

I use to watch this guy, among many others, race the Snake at Sand Canyon raceway outside of MCAS El Toro.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/m ... 692592002/
THE MOON IS PART OF MARS
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

I had Snake and Mongoose Hot Wheels. My dad explained the Snake and the Mongoose, on the strip and in real life.

RIP Mongoose

93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Velocity is showing flag to flag coverage of the 24 hours of Le Mans. DVR set.

F1's Fernando Alonso decided to give it a go with Toyota in the top class (Prototype 1) and qualified for the pole. Dude's a machine. It's a shame McClaren started sucking so bad in F1, or he'd have another couple of championships. He's also competed in Indy recently. Dude can flat out drive cars.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Last week Truex wins Sonoma over Truex after a great pit call by crew chief Cole Pearn.

Results today at Chicagoland:
1. Kyle Busch: holds off Larson on the last lap
2. Kyle Larson: 6th time he has finished 2nd place in a Cup race at a 1.5 mile track, never had won. 8th time Xfinity and Cup Busch & Larson have finished 1-2. Every time its been Busch 1st, Larson 2nd.
3. Kevin Harvick
4. Martin Truex: had to start from the rear & lost a lot on pit road due to a crappy pit stall due to failing to pass inspection until late Sat night.
5. Clint Bowyer: despite 3 pit road penalties
25. Aric Almirola: led the most laps, won 1st stage, but was done in by 2 loose wheels..

Dale Junior was in the booth for his 1st race. Did a pretty good job. Sounded more Southern than Darrell Waltrip..
Fantastic finish..too bad Busch won..
phpBB [video]
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Sucks when your front left suspension fails at 200 mph heading for a turn. Luckily the tether and halo did their jobs:

phpBB [video]
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

July Fireworks last night at Daytona

phpBB [video]
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

That was the BIG Big one. They had announced 22 cars involved. Stats say 26 :shock:
http://www.racing-reference.info/race/2 ... ugar_400/W

Wreck #1: Paul Menard Wood Brothers #21 gets turned by Johnson. Hood nearly comes off, tethers do their job. All 4 tires off the ground. Roof flaps deploy, keeping car from turning over.
Wreck #2: The BIG big one posted . 26 cars Involved. William Byron with a late block on Keselowski, who lifted. Stenhouse then turned Keselowski.
Wreck #3 : The Big one #2. Stenhouse turns Kyle Busch, 7 cars involved. Stenhouse to his ex girlfriend: "Danica, hold my beer". :lol:
Wreck 4: Larson gets a flat, loses, and takes out himself and Stenhouse. Cosmic justice.
Wreck #5: #96 DJ Kennighton spins by himself.
Wreck #6: Stenhouse's damaged car gets a flat, spins.
Wreck #7: Goey Gase hits the apron, loses it, 4 cars cars involved. Almirola's tire comes off, bounces over his car and down the track..
Wreck #8:The Big One #3 on 1st lap of 1st OT. Bubba Wallace with aggressive bump drafting turns Bowyer. 9 cars involved.
phpBB [video]

Erik Jones passes & holds off Truex on the final lap of the 2nd OT, gets his 1st win. 8 wrecks/50 cars involved (some 2-3 times). At the end, only 18 of 40 cars were still running, 13 on the lead lap. If you love wreckin, you would have loved last night!
Last edited by BDKJMU on Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:22 pm, edited 4 times in total.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

93henfan wrote:Sucks when your front left suspension fails at 200 mph heading for a turn. Luckily the tether and halo did their jobs:

phpBB [video]
Watched that race this morning. Fun race...was pulling for Hamilton.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

AZGrizFan wrote:Watched that race this morning. Fun race...was pulling for Hamilton.
After your "F1 is watching paint dry" comments previously, I'm surprised you gave it time of day. It really was a great race today though. Hamilton was spun by wheel to wheel contact from Raikkonen on the first lap. Then he fought valiantly the whole race to almost go from worst to first. The last ten laps were a tight battle among the Ferrari and Mercedes teams with all four drivers finishing within just a few seconds of each other.

Silverstone is such an excellent track. Three long straights. Wide, free-flowing turns where drivers can go flat out followed by others with medium and heavy braking. The battle between Verstappen and Raikkonen in the video below from 4:10-4:40 and then again at 5:20 is intense. Side by side passing in turns in open-wheeled cars. Lot of balls and skill involved. Vettel's pass for the win at 5:50 is sweet.

phpBB [video]
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

93henfan wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:Watched that race this morning. Fun race...was pulling for Hamilton.
After your "F1 is watching paint dry" comments previously, I'm surprised you gave it time of day. It really was a great race today though. Hamilton was spun by wheel to wheel contact from Raikkonen on the first lap. Then he fought valiantly the whole race to almost go from worst to first. The last ten laps were a tight battle among the Ferrari and Mercedes teams with all four drivers finishing within just a few seconds of each other.

Silverstone is such an excellent track. Three long straights. Wide, free-flowing turns where drivers can go flat out followed by others with medium and heavy braking. The battle between Verstappen and Raikkonen in the video below from 4:10-4:40 and then again at 5:20 is intense. Side by side passing in turns in open-wheeled cars. Lot of balls and skill involved. Vettel's pass for the win at 5:50 is sweet.

phpBB [video]
Had some guests over at the house, one of which is a huge F1 fan...otherwise probably wouldnt’ Have watched it. Remembered a couple of the names from the F1 race I went to at Austin’s COTA track, so it was somewhat interesting....
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12