2018 Big Dick Nickadelphia Eagles Thread

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
bluehenbillk
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: elaware

Re: 2018 Big Dick Nickadelphia Eagles Thread

Post by bluehenbillk »

Ivy is right, I have them at 6-10 as well. It's easy to see they quit out there yesterday. Embarrassing at EVERY position.
Make Delaware Football Great Again
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

I'm holding at 8-8, bitches! Go hard or go home.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

93henfan wrote:I'm holding at 8-8, bitches! Go hard or go home.
Screw that, this team isn't going anywhere, and neither is anyone out of the NFC East. I say tank from here on out and get a better draft pick and an easier schedule for next year. Everyone in the NFC East plays everyone in the NFC North next year, meaning the 1st place NFC East team plays New Orleans and the Rams next year. We'll see that disaster first hand this year, I'd rather not see that again next year. We finish 6-10 and we're in the ballpark to pick up an OT that would start for the next decade.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

GannonFan wrote:Everyone in the NFC East plays everyone in the NFC North next year, meaning the 1st place NFC East team plays New Orleans and the Rams next year.
I'm not following you here. Oh wait, I think I get it. Didn't realize that's how it worked though.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

89Hen wrote:
GannonFan wrote:Everyone in the NFC East plays everyone in the NFC North next year, meaning the 1st place NFC East team plays New Orleans and the Rams next year.
I'm not following you here. Oh wait, I think I get it. Didn't realize that's how it worked though.
Each year, your schedule consists of 6 divisional games, 4 games against a rotating NFC division, 4 games against a rotating AFC division and two against your conference "ability group" based on prior year's record. That's Rams and Vikings for the Eagles this year.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

93henfan wrote:and two against your conference "ability group" based on prior year's record. That's Rams and Vikings for the Eagles this year.
That was the part I didn't know. If you're first in your division you play the #1 from the two divisions your division doesn't all play?
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

89Hen wrote:
93henfan wrote:and two against your conference "ability group" based on prior year's record. That's Rams and Vikings for the Eagles this year.
That was the part I didn't know. If you're first in your division you play the #1 from the two divisions your division doesn't all play?
I think so.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

93henfan wrote:
89Hen wrote: That was the part I didn't know. If you're first in your division you play the #1 from the two divisions your division doesn't all play?
I think so.
Yup. For the two divisions in the conference you're not playing everyone, the #1 team plays the #1 teams in each division from the year before, and so on. The team that finishes first in the NFC East this year will play New Orleans and the LA Rams next year (one home, one away). The team that finishes last will play SF and probably TB next year. They are the only two games in the 16 game schedule that are different for the teams in the same division (except for who you play home and who you play on the road). Of course, it can bite you from year to year if there's a worst to first team, but it is what it is.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Eagles now 6-6 :shock:

Remaining schedule is Cowboys, Rams, and Redskins on the road, Texans at home.

6-10 still a possibility. :thumb:
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

Ivytalk wrote:Eagles now 6-6 :shock:

Probably 7-9. The Redskins are finished.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Nah, the Redskins are toast, that's a win. And they'll win at least one of the next 3. Running the table isn't outside the realm of possibility, and it would be a Herculean feat if they did. We'll see what they have when they play a resurgent Dallas on Sunday night. They might be catching Dallas at the right time as the cowboys could be caught napping after reading all of their press clippings.
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

GannonFan wrote:

Nah, the Redskins are toast, that's a win. And they'll win at least one of the next 3. Running the table isn't outside the realm of possibility, and it would be a Herculean feat if they did. We'll see what they have when they play a resurgent Dallas on Sunday night. They might be catching Dallas at the right time as the cowboys could be caught napping after reading all of their press clippings.
There's no shame in an 8-8 season...
There are three difficult games of the 4 remaining
and I can see the Eagles winning one of them for sure

They might beat the Rams because the Rams have clinched
They might beat the Cowboys because divisional games are a coin flip
They might beat the Texans because it might be cold in Philly
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

I did the ESPN Playoff Machine and even with the Eagles beating the Cowboys, Texans and Redskins to finish 9-7... they likely miss the playoffs. Cowboys will most likely go 3-1 even with a loss to Philly. They get the East. Eagles may need Bears to beat the Vikings final week to get a WC and that's only if Eagles also go 3-1. Either the Eagles or Vikings go to the Bears in my scenario, so the Bears would control who they play.
polsongrizz
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: MONTANA
A.K.A.: The Beer Snob

Post by polsongrizz »

The Washington Redskins’ season is spinning out of control, and as one would imagine, tensions are high.

Linebacker Mason Foster was named one of the team’s three captains before the season. But when a private Instagram conversation was made public, he didn’t have very nice things to say. Here are Foster’s alleged comments, via Les Carpenter of the Washington Post:

“[Expletive] this team and this fan base.”
“I’m not [expletive)]wit it or being a scape goat to make fans feel better about all these big money ppl who ain’t playin or getting dogged out.”
“Yeah I’ll try my chances and go to a winning team next year.”
That’s generally the type of comment that draws a finger wag from the head coach and players gently distance themselves from it.
But a funny thing happened in this instance. The Redskins players said they understood where he was coming from.
But a funny thing happened in this instance. The Redskins players said they understood where he was coming from. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

https://sports.yahoo.com/redskins-playe ... 54972.html
ESPN reports the Eagles are concerned that Wentz will not play against the Rams on Sunday in Los Angeles due to a back injury.
https://6abc.com/sports/reports-wentz-m ... y/4885120/
“We didn’t have a man or woman in the drone,” Trump explained to a confused America. “We had nobody in the drone. It would have made a big difference, let me tell you. It would have made a big, big difference.”
Mexico will pay for the wall
THE MOON IS PART OF MARS
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

polsongrizz wrote:The Washington Redskins’ season is spinning out of control, and as one would imagine, tensions are high.
You should hear sports talk this morning. There are actually fans saying Josh Johnson is going to lead the Skins to three straight wins and a 9-7 record. This is the first time I actually ALMOST feel bad for Skins fans.... nah. I do hope they win this Sunday so the fans can go full monkey tilt on QB's. It's just priceless radio. :lol:
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

I see so many homeless folks in the crevices and (in winter) on the steam grates of DC, decked out head to toe in Redskins gear, that I'm not sure if:

1. Dan Snyder is the most philanthropic owner in the NFL.
2. They became mentally ill by following the Redskins the past 25 years.
3. They willingly chose the Redskins recently because they are mentally ill.
4. Redskins gear is always on sale.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

5. They lost all their money paying for parking at FedEx.
polsongrizz
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: MONTANA
A.K.A.: The Beer Snob

Post by polsongrizz »

89Hen wrote:
polsongrizz wrote:The Washington Redskins’ season is spinning out of control, and as one would imagine, tensions are high.
You should hear sports talk this morning. There are actually fans saying Josh Johnson is going to lead the Skins to three straight wins and a 9-7 record. This is the first time I actually ALMOST feel bad for Skins fans.... nah. I do hope they win this Sunday so the fans can go full monkey tilt on QB's. It's just priceless radio. :lol:
I don't believe :lol: it but it would be funny as hell if it happened.
“We didn’t have a man or woman in the drone,” Trump explained to a confused America. “We had nobody in the drone. It would have made a big difference, let me tell you. It would have made a big, big difference.”
Mexico will pay for the wall
THE MOON IS PART OF MARS
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

BTW, did you see the rumors that new Skins stadium might be just south of National Harbor? Apparently the artists rendition of the stadium shows it on the MD side of the river.

93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

89Hen wrote:BTW, did you see the rumors that new Skins stadium might be just south of National Harbor? Apparently the artists rendition of the stadium shows it on the MD side of the river.

Latest I heard is back to the RFK site. They're actually ripping up the old parking lots right now. I pass it weekly on the orange line, and it's a massive operation underway.
Nearly three years after the Redskins unveiled futuristic designs for their next football stadium, the team has been working in concert with local and federal officials to insert a stadium provision into the massive spending bill that the Republican-controlled Congress is rushing to complete this month, according to four people familiar with the effort but not authorized to discuss it publicly.

The provision could pave the way for the NFL stadium and other commercial development on the 190-acre site that was the setting of the team’s greatest triumphs. By tucking it into a complex spending bill, the team and local officials could sidestep some public debate over whether other uses for the coveted parcel of land would benefit a broader swath of D.C. residents.
But MD is indeed pushing hard:
Maryland officials have not given up on efforts to keep the Redskins stadium in their jurisdiction. The office of Gov. Larry Hogan (R) acknowledged Friday the signing of a memorandum of understanding with the Interior Department in September 2017 to give the state control over the 300-acre tract of federal land in Oxon Cove, adjacent to MGM National Harbor in Prince George’s County. Hogan’s vision is to offer that site for a stadium.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpos ... f0a152e656
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

89Hen wrote:BTW, did you see the rumors that new Skins stadium might be just south of National Harbor? Apparently the artists rendition of the stadium shows it on the MD side of the river.

Is the current stadium that much of a shythole?
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

Ivytalk wrote:

I think NFL owners are engaged in a never-ending dick measuring contest. Usually at the expense of taxpayers.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Ivytalk wrote:

Yes, it is. It's inaccessible, boring, and soulless. No Metro station on the grounds like RFK had. Satellite parking is $50+ a couple of miles away and they bus you in and it takes FOREVER to get out. If you're brave enough to try parking in the stadium lot, you'll be forever getting both in and out.

And the team that plays there was last relevant during GHW Bush's presidency.

We are really spoiled by the Philadelphia sports complex. Easily one of the most accessible and pleasant stadium experiences (as long as you're not a Cowboys or Vikings fan) in all of the NFL.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Ivytalk wrote:

Yes. I went to the second game ever there back in 1996ish and it sucked then. It's gotten worse.
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

I don't know if Nick Foles is better than Carson Wentz
But the Eagles are better with Nick Foles than Carson Wentz

:nod:
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus