2018 Big Dick Nickadelphia Eagles Thread

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Re: 2018 Big Dick Nickadelphia Eagles Thread

Post by 93henfan »

Go ahead and play Tampa 2 all day, Indy. We have two tight ends and a QB who will exploit that all day, dumbasses. :mrgreen:
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Second drive, Wentz dances around all day, takes a roughing the passer, and still completes it to Ertz.

He's back, NFL.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

2-1 with Wentz getting to ease himself back into play and still not even playing the top WR or even the top two RB's. Defense looks stout, especially in the red zone. Gotta show we can win on the road against a tough D in Tennessee, and then see if the Vikes have recovered from the shellshock of losing to the worst team in football by double digits at home when they come back to Philly in two weeks. A 4-1 start would look awfully nice.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

GannonFan wrote:2-1 with Wentz getting to ease himself back into play and still not even playing the top WR or even the top two RB's. Defense looks stout, especially in the red zone. Gotta show we can win on the road against a tough D in Tennessee, and then see if the Vikes have recovered from the shellshock of losing to the worst team in football by double digits at home when they come back to Philly in two weeks. A 4-1 start would look awfully nice.
There have been some interesting surprises so far..

1) The Chiefs looking unbeatable (however they do this in September a lot) but not usually this amazing
2) The Buccaneers scoring points in droves
3) The Dolphins winning 3 games out of the gate... projected to win 6.5 games

:nod:
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

How is Tampa a pick 'em tonight against the Pittsburgh dumpster fire? What am I missing?
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Chizzang wrote:
GannonFan wrote:2-1 with Wentz getting to ease himself back into play and still not even playing the top WR or even the top two RB's. Defense looks stout, especially in the red zone. Gotta show we can win on the road against a tough D in Tennessee, and then see if the Vikes have recovered from the shellshock of losing to the worst team in football by double digits at home when they come back to Philly in two weeks. A 4-1 start would look awfully nice.
There have been some interesting surprises so far..

1) The Chiefs looking unbeatable (however they do this in September a lot) but not usually this amazing
2) The Buccaneers scoring points in droves
3) The Dolphins winning 3 games out of the gate... projected to win 6.5 games

:nod:
The Dolphins haven't played anybody yet, and until they can prove they can hang with the Patriots in the AFC East then they are a question mark. They do have the Pats coming up in Week 4 and this is a year where they play in New England early in the season so they don't need to play in the cold later on. Let's hold off on the Dolphins for another week until we see what they are against a very vulnerable Pats team.

As for the Chiefs, they did go 5-0 to start the season last year and won on the road in Foxboro and then followed that up with beating the Eagles. Not too shabby. This year, they've beaten the Chargers, the Steelers, and the 49'ers. The Chargers and 49'ers didn't make the playoffs last year, the 49'ers lost their starting QB during the game, and the Steelers are an absolute mess right now and are closer to blowing the whole thing up than really contending again. Let's see the Chiefs over the next three weeks (at Denver, home against Jax, and at the Patriots) and decide then. I'd love for another AFC to step up and be legit, but have been burned by KC too many times in recent memory.

I think the Bucs are legit, and they're going to need to be because the NFC South is loaded. I don't think any team is great, but they're all pretty good. Every divisional game is huge in that division.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

93henfan wrote:How is Tampa a pick 'em tonight against the Pittsburgh dumpster fire? What am I missing?
Harvard man Fitzpatrick threw a TD pass to Harvard man Cameron Brate, then threw 3 picks. :lol: That has something to do with it.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

I was hoping Tampa would start playing like Tampa eventually.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Alshon Jeffery cleared for contact.

Ajayi and Sproles ready for Sunday.

The gang's all here! :D
bluehenbillk
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: elaware

Post by bluehenbillk »

Just to put it out there before the inevitable videos next weekend of Vikings fans crying in their milk about the harsh treatment at the Linc, here's Vikings fans causing trouble last night in LA as they lost to the Rams...

http://www.tmz.com/2018/09/28/rams-viki ... tball-nfl/
Make Delaware Football Great Again
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

bluehenbillk wrote:Just to put it out there before the inevitable videos next weekend of Vikings fans crying in their milk about the harsh treatment at the Linc, here's Vikings fans causing trouble last night in LA as they lost to the Rams...

Man, why are Vikings fans so awful? What happened to Midwest nice? Sad day indeed. :rofl:
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Confused. Looks like mostly drunk Vikings fans, but the money shot is one Rams fan pulling another over the rows of bleachers.

LA has always been a shitshow. Remember Tom Landry being whisked off the field and police put a bulletproof vest on him due to a death threat in LA vs the Rams?
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: RE: Re: 2018 Big Dick Nickadelphia Eagles Thread

Post by UNI88 »

GannonFan wrote:
bluehenbillk wrote:Just to put it out there before the inevitable videos next weekend of Vikings fans crying in their milk about the harsh treatment at the Linc, here's Vikings fans causing trouble last night in LA as they lost to the Rams...

Man, why are Vikings fans so awful? What happened to Midwest nice? Sad day indeed. :rofl:
It's Minnesota Nice and it's a passive aggressive thing.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

bluehenbillk wrote:
GannonFan wrote:Eagles bring back Jordan Matthews to fill out the WR position. I like it. He was productive when he was here - not a stud WR but a guy who will look much better with Wentz throwing him the ball.
You like it? :ohno: :ohno: :clap: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:
I do today. :coffee: Hopefully that first TD gets the offense on track. They were dreadful the first 25 minutes today.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Welp, looks like my 2-3 or 3-2 to start the season prediction was right on!

The O still isn't in sync yet, and the secondary is a disaster.
bluehenbillk
Level4
Level4

Post by bluehenbillk »

Jalen Mills & Corey Graham, just bad, very bad. Lots of other blame to go around though yesterday. The O-line couldn't protect well, Lane Johnson being the #1 contributor. Old Nelson showed up yesterday with a number of drops. Bad overall scheme by the Eagles on D, Cox said earlier in the week they wouldn't do anything special concerning Mariota's running & he was 100% right & it showed - they looked totally unprepared for his running & buying time in the pocket. And Dougie P, 3rd down @ the Titans 11 right before the half & you run? Must've been inspired by James Franklin's play calling there....
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Lots of room to improve. Hopefully this wakes them up and shakes things up. Defensive line isn't getting the pressure like they should and it's exposing the secondary. Offense is showing a little better, and each week should get better and better as Wentz and Jeffery get back in sync. I know Tennessee is one of the better D's in the league, but you have to protect Wentz or they won't go anywhere.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

bluehenbillk wrote:The O-line couldn't protect well
They were actually decent at run blocking, but holy cow were they awful at pass protection.

BTW, I was so pissed because this was one of the few Iggles games I actually get to watch because the Skins were on a bye week. Was putting off yard work and ended up finishing in the dark because of that crappy 4th quarter performance. :evil:
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

the Titans new Defensive Coordinator is among the best all time (Not sarcasm)
Pees coached the Patriots defense when they were known as an excellent Defensive team
and many have argued that the Patriots have never fully recovered from him leaving

...to go to The Ravens

Where he built another defensive Dynasty

and he's got young good talent with the Titans to build on
I expect them to be very good defensively all year
bluehenbillk
Level4
Level4

Post by bluehenbillk »

Like Jason Kelce said at the parade: "It's the whole damn team".

Ajayi fumbles yesterday & Smallwood has a key drop.
The O-Line is going to get Carson killed. Peters is too old, but Vaitai promptly lets up a sack when Peters goes to bench. Johnson kills team two weeks in a row & middle 3 are no better.
The secondary can't cover anybody & their tackling can be shoddy as well.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Last year was awesome!

So, my 2-3 prediction has come true. However, I'm not as optimistic about the recovery from 2-3 as I envisioned when I made the prediction. They just don't look very good in these losses. O-line and secondary are just brutal. This is feeling like maybe still an NFC East championship in a very bad NFC East and an early playoff exit. The Rams are clearly a step above the Eagles right now, though still very early of course. We'll see.
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

93henfan wrote:Last year was awesome!

So, my 2-3 prediction has come true. However, I'm not as optimistic about the recovery from 2-3 as I envisioned when I made the prediction. They just don't look very good in these losses. O-line and secondary are just brutal. This is feeling like maybe still an NFC East championship in a very bad NFC East and an early playoff exit. The Rams are clearly a step above the Eagles right now, though still very early of course. We'll see.
What surprised me yesterday was lazy rout running by the receivers...
They just weren't working hard

That's an easy fix - of course it won't be as much "fun" at practice (See: Lane Johnson)

:coffee:

Ertz was out there busting his ass and the rest of the wide outs were on vacation
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Chizzang wrote:
93henfan wrote:Last year was awesome!

What surprised me yesterday was lazy rout running by the receivers...
They just weren't working hard

That's an easy fix - of course it won't be as much "fun" at practice (See: Lane Johnson)

:coffee:

Ertz was out there busting his ass and the rest of the wide outs were on vacation
Wentz to Ertz for 8 yards is their only dependable play right now. They need to run it 20 to 30 times per game. :coffee:
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

I agree with the whole team thing - nobody is getting it done. Two weeks in a row the defense is handed a chance to stop the opposition late in the game and two weeks in a row teams drive the field for winning scores. Eventually you have to be able to stop a team. And the offense is no better - after sleepwalking through the whole first half, they have a chance with that backwards lateral fumble to seize the game, getting the ball at the Vikes 35 yd line or so, and they can't get any points at all out of that field position. I thought the new normal was going to be something different than this. Go figure.

On the bright side, even at 2-3, we're likely just going to be half a game out of first after this week. The NFC East stinks so 9-7 or 10-6 will win it. But we'll be lucky to do that with more performances like the last two weeks and we certainly won't make any noise in the postseason playing like this anyway. Time to get to work.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Ajayi lost for the season with torn ACL.