Super Bowl LII - Patriots vs Eagles

All other sports including pro, high school and more!

Who You Got?

Poll ended at Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:34 pm

Patriots
44%
Eagles
56%

Total votes: 25

bluehenbillk
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: elaware

Re: Super Bowl LII - Patriots vs Eagles

Post by bluehenbillk »

We were set up deep in South Philly at Broad & Bigler. Got there right about at 8:00am. Had front row seats for the parade - kids high-fived about 5 players including Kelce, Darby, Brooks & Blount. Between 1/3 & 1/2 the team had gotten off the buses & were interacting with the crowds. I was at the Phillies '08 parade & this was much bigger - no comparison.

The Kelce rant was epic & IMO has superseded Iverson's practice rant & Utley's parade speech.

What. A. Day.
Make Delaware Football Great Again
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

GannonFan wrote:
93henfan wrote:93henfan Clan is set up with prime viewing spot at Broad and Pine. Complete insanity. Footballs being tossed back and forth across the barricades on each side. No titties spotted yet but it’s early!
I was a block down from you. I slept over at my brother-in-laws office at 16th and Locust, so I got over to Broad St at about 7:40AM or so. I wanted a spot right up against one of the barricades so I staked out Spruce St. because they hadn't closed it to cross traffic yet. Within 5 minutes of me getting there they did start to roll out the barricades and close off that street so I just stepped right up and me and my 3 boys had a front row spot. Granted, we had to wait 5 hours for the parade to get to us, but it was worth it. My little guy got one of those footballs and kept it as a keepsake. We lucked out because we were on the west side of Broad St and they shifted over to our side before they got to us. Great view of the Lombardi trophy and even got to high five Jalen Mills (aka the Green Goblin) when he went by. We looked back behind us just before the parade got there and since we were literally on Spruce the line of people behind us was endless - figure it was at least 70-80 people deep when the parade went by.

We left after the parade went by so I ultimately heard Kelce's speech in the car. Best line for me, besides the song at the end, was his line about Lane Johnson not able to lay off the juice. When I finally watched it that line and the line where he called out Mike Lombardi by name were the two lines that got the other players and coaches on the stage laughing the most.

Just a fabulous day - Philly is a phenomenal sports town and that parade was fantastic. Go Birds.

Funny. We got a Jalen Mills high five as well.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

bluehenbillk wrote:We were set up deep in South Philly at Broad & Bigler. Got there right about at 8:00am. Had front row seats for the parade - kids high-fived about 5 players including Kelce, Darby, Brooks & Blount. Between 1/3 & 1/2 the team had gotten off the buses & were interacting with the crowds. I was at the Phillies '08 parade & this was much bigger - no comparison.

The Kelce rant was epic & IMO has superseded Iverson's practice rant & Utley's parade speech.

What. A. Day.
I saw your oldest was sporting an Eagles jersey for the parade - has he sworn off being a Patriots fan now?
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

GannonFan wrote:
bluehenbillk wrote:We were set up deep in South Philly at Broad & Bigler. Got there right about at 8:00am. Had front row seats for the parade - kids high-fived about 5 players including Kelce, Darby, Brooks & Blount. Between 1/3 & 1/2 the team had gotten off the buses & were interacting with the crowds. I was at the Phillies '08 parade & this was much bigger - no comparison.

What. A. Day.
I saw your oldest was sporting an Eagles jersey for the parade - has he sworn off being a Patriots fan now?
Roast!

FWIW, my oldest son, who is a Ravens fan, chose to go to school yesterday, because he has integrity.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

93henfan wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
Roast!

FWIW, my oldest son, who is a Ravens fan, chose to go to school yesterday, because he has integrity.
Two of my nieces (wife's side of the family) were saying months ago that they were Giants fans (there's no connection so not sure where this was coming from). I sat them down and in no uncertain terms said it wasn't acceptable for them to be anything other than Eagles fans. You're down in Delaware so it's not a stretch to be a Ravens fan considering the proximity. Being a Giants fan is never acceptable unless you're in North Jersey or New York itself. Those girls are Eagles fans right now.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Much like you, GF, after catching the parade on Broad, we retreated to catch the ceremony elsewhere. My sister and two friends met up with my dad, youngest son, and me at Mac's Tavern at 2nd and Market. Apparently it has something to do with the show It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, which I don't watch. We got the last table, and had awesome food and bad beer (Bud Light) and it was a GREAT time. They had every TV on NBC10 and the volume cranked. The Kelce speech just had the place falling out. No censoring/live! It was one of those moments you wish you could bottle and take with you.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

93henfan wrote:Much like you, GF, after catching the parade on Broad, we retreated to catch the ceremony elsewhere. My sister and two friends met up with my dad, youngest son, and me at Mac's Tavern at 2nd and Market. Apparently it has something to do with the show It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, which I don't watch. We got the last table, and had awesome food and bad beer (Bud Light) and it was a GREAT time. They had every TV on NBC10 and the volume cranked. The Kelce speech just had the place falling out. No censoring/live! It was one of those moments you wish you could bottle and take with you.
I was taping 6ABC at home and when I went to watch it they dropped out the two parts where he cussed. I had to go to Youtube for the unedited version. And yes, as BHBK said, this jumps ahead of the Iverson and Utley rants/speeches by a bunch. Foles is a hero forever in Philly because of the Super Bowl - Kelce is now a hero forever in Philly because of that speech.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

GannonFan wrote:
93henfan wrote:Much like you, GF, after catching the parade on Broad, we retreated to catch the ceremony elsewhere. My sister and two friends met up with my dad, youngest son, and me at Mac's Tavern at 2nd and Market. Apparently it has something to do with the show It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, which I don't watch. We got the last table, and had awesome food and bad beer (Bud Light) and it was a GREAT time. They had every TV on NBC10 and the volume cranked. The Kelce speech just had the place falling out. No censoring/live! It was one of those moments you wish you could bottle and take with you.
I was taping 6ABC at home and when I went to watch it they dropped out the two parts where he cussed. I had to go to Youtube for the unedited version. And yes, as BHBK said, this jumps ahead of the Iverson and Utley rants/speeches by a bunch. Foles is a hero forever in Philly because of the Super Bowl - Kelce is now a hero forever in Philly because of that speech.
And the best part is, Carson still has some personal unfinished business to take care of in 2018/19.
bluehenbillk
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: elaware

Post by bluehenbillk »

GannonFan wrote:

What. A. Day.
Haha. Yes, he's a Patriots fan, he's got a lifesize Tom Brady fathead in his bedroom, but says the Eagles are his "second favorite" team. I told him he had no option of wearing another NFL teams jersey to the parade & he was given that jersey for Xmas so it worked out.
Make Delaware Football Great Again
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Some of my swag ordered online is starting to show up. This will go on for weeks. I ordered so much stuff. I’m a marketer’s dream. :lol:

Philly version (fully inflated):

For SBux runs at work:
AshevilleApp
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: ASU
A.K.A.: AshevilleApp2

Post by AshevilleApp »

93henfan wrote:Some of my swag ordered online is starting to show up. This will go on for weeks. I ordered so much stuff. I’m a marketer’s dream. :lol:

For SBux runs at work:
:lol: I was the same way when App won in 2005. Anyone interested in a piece of the goal post from the Furman semi-final win?

Congratulations and enjoy!
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Very well-done as always by NFL Films. :notworthy: The coach-to-player and player-to-player audio is priceless throughout:

phpBB [video]
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

93henfan wrote:Some of my swag ordered online is starting to show up. This will go on for weeks. I ordered so much stuff. I’m a marketer’s dream. :lol:

For SBux runs at work:
Nice, except for Roger Goofballs name on the nfl football.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

:thumb: I reminded Mrs89 that a couple Eagles SB Champs t-shirts would make a great birthday present for me.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

GannonFan wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:
You are too sensitive Ganny. No big deal about taking the seat, and it's great to see pictures of the deed. It will make the seat more valuable with this provenance. Sounds like Certa was from Vermont.

Met stadium was demolished shortly after the last Vikings game, US Bank stadium is 2 years old. Apples and oranges. I actually bought several thousand Met stadium seats from a park district about 15 years ago. Sold all of them for good money.
Eh, that's what insurance is for. I don't think the place will fall down for the absence of a seat or two.

And did I read that correctly, several thousand seats you bought? Where did you keep them all before reselling them?
Back in the seat business, just picked up 3 folding chairs from Metropolitan Stadium. $525 trade with another collector/seller.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Good stuff, Gil. Did you contact the Eagles fan who ripped his seat from the Super Bowl?

Since this thread was bumped and I don't believe it's been mentioned yet...

Alshon Jeffrey tore his rotator cuff in the preseason last year and played all 19 games, including the Super Bowl, through the injury and even attended the parade and several TV appearances before finally having surgery on it last Wednesday. :notworthy:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/02/23/alsho ... py-session
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

93henfan wrote:Good stuff, Gil. Did you contact the Eagles fan who ripped his seat from the Super Bowl?

Alshon Jeffrey tore his rotator cuff in the preseason last year and played all 19 games, including the Super Bowl, through the injury and even attended the parade and several TV appearances before finally having surgery on it last Wednesday. :notworthy:

South Carolina's finest. :clap:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

93henfan wrote:Good stuff, Gil. Did you contact the Eagles fan who ripped his seat from the Super Bowl?

Wow, even attended the parade. :notworthy:

Looking for memorabilia from the WAWA and Sunoco that were trashed on Broad Street. :thumb:
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Brady said, "That was the first time that I'd seen my kids really react in that way."

"You know, Benny was crying, Vivi was crying and they were sad for me and sad for the Patriots," he said. "But I just said to them, 'Look, you guys, this is a great lesson. We don't always win. We try our best and sometimes it doesn't go the way we want.'"
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2267 ... ids-lesson

So sad.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

89Hen wrote:
:thumb: I reminded Mrs89 that a couple Eagles SB Champs t-shirts would make a great birthday present for me.
Found an old piece of metrodome turf with a 1987/1991 Twins patch on it. Same Turf the Redskins won the Super Bowl on. Probably get $10 bucks for it from some Twins fan.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

I received and watched the NFL Films Eagles SB 52 movie last night. It is glorious.

*Spoilers*

It’s more a recap of the whole season than just a Super Bowl dvd. They cover every game. The movie begins at Franklin Field with the Eagles beating Lombardi’s Packers for the 1960 NFL Championship to set the baseline for the 57 year drought. Then they go through the Vermeil SB loss up through the present. They touch on Pederson’s time as a backup Eagles QB in 99 as well.

Merrill Reese and Mike Quick audio from 94WIP is used gratuitously. The on-field player sound wiring and the angles, slow mo, and dramatic music are the high bar you always get from NFL Films.

The end credits are overlaid over several minutes of the parade.

Then when the credits fade to black: Kelce speech. Highly redacted. :lol:

The fact that NFL Films is in the Philly region and many of their staff are Eagles fans really showed through in this production. Tons of pride and happiness in this flick.