2018 NHL Thread

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Re: 2018 NHL Thread

Post by 89Hen »

CAA Flagship wrote:Damn, this is strange. I would think that 1 and 2 from the same division would not meet until the Conference finals.
Why is that? Shouldn't 1 from each division meet in the CF?
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

89Hen wrote:
CAA Flagship wrote:Damn, this is strange. I would think that 1 and 2 from the same division would not meet until the Conference finals.
Why is that? Shouldn't 1 from each division meet in the CF?
Yeah, but switch the 2's.
Meh, should just seed them 3-8.
Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: WEBER STATE
A.K.A.: WILDCAT, WILDCATFAN

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

CAA Flagship wrote:
Wildcat Ryan wrote:

Once the playoffs start, regular season records mean nothing. :coffee:
Well sure. But you have to factor match ups. Some teams match up with certain teams better than others, regardless of how good or bad they are. I don't know why the Devils were 3-0 against the Lightning (the NHL network hates the Devils and refuses to show them), but they did. If you said TB in 6, I'd say that's a fair prediction. You took it to the extreme which, while possible, has little basis other than 1 vs 8.

I also took into account playoff experience, streaks. But mostly it was just gut feeling. I've watched a few games with both teams this year and felt that they were fairly even but the experience will pay off for the Lightning. Wouldn't hurt my feelings to see the Devils pull off the upset though.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

5-0 Pittsburg already and it’s not even halfway through Game 1. Elliott gets the hook.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets, get first playoff win in 22 years during Whiteout conditions in downtown Winnipeg.

phpBB [video]
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

93henfan wrote:5-0 Pittsburg already and it’s not even halfway through Game 1. Elliott gets the hook.
The Triumph of Cindy Crosby. :ohno:
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Ivytalk wrote:
93henfan wrote:5-0 Pittsburg already and it’s not even halfway through Game 1. Elliott gets the hook.
Who is our NHL statistician here? How many teams have come back from a 7-0 game 1 loss to take a series? :lol:

Pens pwn the Flyers.
bluehenbillk
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: elaware

Post by bluehenbillk »

Wow, the Flyers got blown away.
Make Delaware Football Great Again
Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: WEBER STATE
A.K.A.: WILDCAT, WILDCATFAN

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

I loved the opening show in the Vegas game. Not so much the final outcome.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Ivytalk wrote:
phpBB [video]
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Gil Dobie wrote:J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets, get first playoff win in 22 years during Whiteout conditions in downtown Winnipeg.
That's pretty darn cool, except for the fact that the away team now wears white in the NHL. :thumb: :dunce:
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

93henfan wrote:
Ivytalk wrote: The Triumph of Cindy Crosby. :ohno:
Who is our NHL statistician here? How many teams have come back from a 7-0 game 1 loss to take a series? :lol:

Pens pwn the Flyers.
FWIW, the Flyers went down 0-2 at home in 2000 against the Pens looking like absolute shit before coming back to win the next four games (Game 4 was the 5OT game). And don't forget 2010 down 0-3 to the Bruins to force Game 7 and going down 0-3 in the first period only to come back and win the game and series.

I wouldn't put a nickel on them doing that this year, but all I'm saying is there is reason for some hope.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

89Hen wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets, get first playoff win in 22 years during Whiteout conditions in downtown Winnipeg.
That's pretty darn cool, except for the fact that the away team now wears white in the NHL. :thumb: :dunce:
I'm old school - I hate that the NHL flipped it and has teams wear white on the road now. Damn Bettman. :ohno:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

89Hen wrote:
93henfan wrote:

Pens pwn the Flyers.
FWIW, the Flyers went down 0-2 at home in 2000 against the Pens looking like absolute shit before coming back to win the next four games (Game 4 was the 5OT game). And don't forget 2010 down 0-3 to the Bruins to force Game 7 and going down 0-3 in the first period only to come back and win the game and series.

I wouldn't put a nickel on them doing that this year, but all I'm saying is there is reason for some hope.
I’ll seek you out and hug you if they come back in this one.

Not really.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

If the Flyers can score a goal in this series that would be something. I like what WIP was saying today, they're now picking the Pens to win the series in 3. :rofl:
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Ivytalk wrote:
Bandwagon Baldy in 3, 2, 1...
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

GannonFan wrote:
89Hen wrote: That's pretty darn cool, except for the fact that the away team now wears white in the NHL. :thumb: :dunce:
I'm old school - I hate that the NHL flipped it and has teams wear white on the road now. Damn Bettman. :ohno:
Mixed feelings. The team color is usually the dark one: Flyers = Orange, Caps = Red, etc... so it's nice for the fans to be able to wear the team color at their arena. I think the home team should be allowed to choose. Maybe the Jets would wear white at home, like the Cowboys always did.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

GannonFan wrote:If the Flyers can score a goal in this series that would be something. I like what WIP was saying today, they're now picking the Pens to win the series in 3. :rofl:
The Flyers’ performance last night was the textbook example of “we’re just thrilled to be in the playoffs, now when is tee time again?”
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

89Hen wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
Mixed feelings. The team color is usually the dark one: Flyers = Orange, Caps = Red, etc... so it's nice for the fans to be able to wear the team color at their arena. I think the home team should be allowed to choose. Maybe the Jets would wear white at home, like the Cowboys always did.
If they copied the cowboys it would ruin it and I would have to root against them.

As for the fans, they wore whatever they wanted to games before the change so I don't see the issue.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

GannonFan wrote:
89Hen wrote: Mixed feelings. The team color is usually the dark one: Flyers = Orange, Caps = Red, etc... so it's nice for the fans to be able to wear the team color at their arena. I think the home team should be allowed to choose. Maybe the Jets would wear white at home, like the Cowboys always did.
If they copied the cowboys it would ruin it and I would have to root against them.

As for the fans, they wore whatever they wanted to games before the change so I don't see the issue.
Fans used to wear jacket and tie to games too. It's fun to have the arena clad in the team color IMO.

CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

Wildcat Ryan wrote:
CAA Flagship wrote: Well sure. But you have to factor match ups. Some teams match up with certain teams better than others, regardless of how good or bad they are. I don't know why the Devils were 3-0 against the Lightning (the NHL network hates the Devils and refuses to show them), but they did. If you said TB in 6, I'd say that's a fair prediction. You took it to the extreme which, while possible, has little basis other than 1 vs 8.

I also took into account playoff experience, streaks. But mostly it was just gut feeling. I've watched a few games with both teams this year and felt that they were fairly even but the experience will pay off for the Lightning. Wouldn't hurt my feelings to see the Devils pull off the upset though.
Well, Tampa Bay is up 2-0 as the series moves to NJ. Devils are just not playing good defense. Kincaid's luck has run out. I think Schneider will get the call in the net for Game 3.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Pens-Flyers has been feast or famine in all three games.

1: Pens 7-0
2: Flyers 5-1
3. Pens 4-0 and game's not half over
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Jets finally made it to the Minnie-Apple on their second attempt. Had to fly back to Winnipeg yesterday, nowhere to land during the blizzard.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

Caps being the Caps.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

CAA Flagship wrote:Caps being the Caps.
Yeah, but they dominated that game. Two dumb penalties and that was that. :ohno: