Jaguars vs. Patriots / AFC Championship Game

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Re: Jaguars vs. Patriots / AFC Championship Game

Post by 89Hen »

Chizzang wrote:
dal4018 wrote: A picture is worth a thousand words they probably bought him a STEAK DINNER afterwards!!!!
This is such a bullsh!t image...
The Patriots were celebrating and he was walking over to get the ball and got bumped hard
and then they started laughing because he almost got knocked on his ass

:coffee:
Kinda like the way Brady bumped into the guy who takes care of the footballs and the way the coaches bumped into a film guy who was filming the opponent's sidelines?
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

89Hen wrote:
Chizzang wrote:
This is such a bullsh!t image...
The Patriots were celebrating and he was walking over to get the ball and got bumped hard
and then they started laughing because he almost got knocked on his ass

:coffee:
Kinda like the way Brady bumped into the guy who takes care of the footballs and the way the coaches bumped into a film guy who was filming the opponent's sidelines?
Kinda... Yeah
You are aware that there was ONE FLAG thrown in the 4th quarter of that game
and the JAGs had a 10 point margin with 10 minutes left in the 4th

and the JAGs recovered a fumble... in the 4th quarter and could have ICED THE GAME
and the Patriots punted back to the JAGs with 5 minutes left in the game...

I get it... you hate the Patriots
But look at the bigger picture here too
It's fun to say the refs cheated and all that but the JAGS shitted down their own leg
and had every opportunity to win that game
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Chizzang wrote:
89Hen wrote: Kinda like the way Brady bumped into the guy who takes care of the footballs and the way the coaches bumped into a film guy who was filming the opponent's sidelines?
Kinda... Yeah
Yes, I'm very aware that the Pats were penalized the fewest times in a playoff game since 2011, when the Patriots were penalized for one that game too. :lol:
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

89Hen wrote:
Chizzang wrote:
Kinda... Yeah
Yes, I'm very aware that the Pats were penalized the fewest times in a playoff game since 2011, when the Patriots were penalized for one that game too. :lol:
:lol:

It's a conspiracy 89spandex...

You sound like Seahawks fans
They think they are the most penalized team in the league because of the League
Not because of their play
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Chizzang wrote:
89Hen wrote: Yes, I'm very aware that the Pats were penalized the fewest times in a playoff game since 2011, when the Patriots were penalized for one that game too. :lol:

Because of Pete Carroll :nod:
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Chizzang wrote:
89Hen wrote: Yes, I'm very aware that the Pats were penalized the fewest times in a playoff game since 2011, when the Patriots were penalized for one that game too. :lol:

Amazing human beings referees. They can take all bias out of their minds and bodies.

If you honestly think that refs, in all sports, aren't biased to players and teams, you're either stupid or in denial.
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

89Hen wrote:
Chizzang wrote:

Amazing human beings referees. They can take all bias out of their minds and bodies.

If you honestly think that refs, in all sports, aren't biased to players and teams, you're either stupid or in denial.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

And all of this wouldn't matter much or even be a topic if the Patriots didn't already have the documented history of cheating (Spygate), getting caught by the NFL, and admitting to cheating. Maybe they don't cheat anymore, but that's the price you pay when you tarnish yourselves with cheating in the first place. Just like Barry Bonds.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

I dont consider the Patriots cheaters, they are more likely innovators and its nothing more than gamesmanship

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

I'm perfectly calm Cleets. You're the one talking in CAPS seemingly getting upset over this. Pats are not refereed the same way as other teams but I don't think it's a conspiracy. LeBron James is not refereed the same as other players.

phpBB [video]

The Pats are a great team, doesn't mean they don't benefit from this. Sidney Crosby is a great player, but he also likes to dive and is treated differently than other players by the refs.

phpBB [video]

Derek Jeter was one of the best ball players ever, but that doesn't mean he doesn't cheat. People don't like cheaters.

phpBB [video]
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

89Hen wrote:I'm perfectly calm Cleets. You're the one talking in CAPS seemingly getting upset over this. Pats are not refereed the same way as other teams but I don't think it's a conspiracy. LeBron James is not refereed the same as other players.

phpBB [video]

The Pats are a great team, doesn't mean they don't benefit from this. Sidney Crosby is a great player, but he also likes to dive and is treated differently than other players by the refs.

phpBB [video]

Derek Jeter was one of the best ball players ever, but that doesn't mean he doesn't cheat. People don't like cheaters.

phpBB [video]
Cindy Crosby is a fag. No homo.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

This from Pro Football Focus:
"We registered all the penalties against the Patriots and their opponents during the past 17 years of postseason play and the numbers are interesting to say the least. On first observation it is remarkably even, 136 opponents, 134 Patriots, nothing to see there until the Jacksonville game the Patriots had actually accumulated more penalties than their opponents."

With this as the closing point:
“On closer observation one thing stands out as remarkable. On procedural penalties, which include delay of game, neutral zone infraction, off sides, false start, illegal procedure, 12 men on the field, illegal formation, sideline infractions and a few other oddities, essentially penalties committed before the play begins, in 36 post season games the Patriots have 9 procedural errors. The Steelers have played in 21 post season games in that same span and committed 28 procedural errors. The importance of this observation is a procedural penalty is not a judgment call it is a black and white infraction and can be argued for many of them as coaching errors. When we recalculate the penalties after removing pre-snap infractions the Patriots average 3.33 more penalties a game than their opponents during that span of playoff games.”
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

Chizzang wrote:This from Pro Football Focus:
"We registered all the penalties against the Patriots and their opponents during the past 17 years of postseason play and the numbers are interesting to say the least. On first observation it is remarkably even, 136 opponents, 134 Patriots, nothing to see there until the Jacksonville game the Patriots had actually accumulated more penalties than their opponents."

“On closer observation one thing stands out as remarkable. On procedural penalties, which include delay of game, neutral zone infraction, off sides, false start, illegal procedure, 12 men on the field, illegal formation, sideline infractions and a few other oddities, essentially penalties committed before the play begins, in 36 post season games the Patriots have 9 procedural errors. The Steelers have played in 21 post season games in that same span and committed 28 procedural errors. The importance of this observation is a procedural penalty is not a judgment call it is a black and white infraction and can be argued for many of them as coaching errors. When we recalculate the penalties after removing pre-snap infractions the Patriots average 3.33 more penalties a game than their opponents during that span of playoff games.”
Good data...that will go over the heads of, or be ignored by, the haters...
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Col Hogan wrote:

Good data...that will go over the heads of, or be ignored by, the haters...
Doesn't have anything to do with the fact that they got caught breaking the rules by filming the opposing sidelines for playcalls for several years, including 3 of the years that they won their first Super Bowls.
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

"Just win Baby"

89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Source please, would like to read the whole thing. Nothing on Cloogle when I search the quote.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:"Just win Baby"
I'm sure Barry Bonds was thinking the same thing when he was rubbing on all the "clear".
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

89Hen wrote:

Source please, would like to read the whole thing. Nothing on Cloogle when I search the quote.
Not all penalties are created equal, either. When the penalty happens is almost more significant. Drive killing or drive sustaining penalties, even if fewer in number than other penalties, would have more of an impact.
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5

Re: RE: Re: Jaguars vs. Patriots / AFC Championship Game

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

GannonFan wrote:
ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:"Just win Baby"
I'm sure Barry Bonds was thinking the same thing when he was rubbing on all the "clear".
Same thing he wasn't doing anything different than all the other players. Same with the Pats

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Re: RE: Re: Jaguars vs. Patriots / AFC Championship Game

Post by GannonFan »

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
Same thing he wasn't doing anything different than all the other players. Same with the Pats

Still wearing your Lance Armstrong, "Live Strong" bracelet?
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

BTW:
I was not aware of this little tid-bit...
The Eagles are one of the most penalized teams in the league
Apparently they are #5 right behind the JAG's who are the #4 most penalized team

Food for thought... :lol:

They average 6.8 a game
Patriots average 5.6 a game
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Chizzang wrote:BTW:
Apparently they are #5 right behind the JAG's who are the #4 most penalized team

They average 6.8 a game
We knew.

BTW, Cleets do you have the link for the stuff you posted above? I actually do want to read the rest.
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

89Hen wrote:
Chizzang wrote:BTW:

They average 6.8 a game
We knew.

BTW, Cleets do you have the link for the stuff you posted above? I actually do want to read the rest.
Please stand by
Thats a PFF article from their premium site ($39.95 a month)
Those two paragraphs were emailed to me

All the penalty stuff I'm getting is from PFF
I've got two friends in Boston who gamble with me on NFL games and they subscribe
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Chizzang wrote:
89Hen wrote: We knew.

Please stand by
Thats a PFF article from their premium site ($39.95 a month)
Those two paragraphs were emailed to me

All the penalty stuff I'm getting is from PFF
I've got two friends in Boston who gamble with me on NFL games and they subscribe
I don't want to get CS in trouble. PM it to me if you get the rest. Don't knock yourself out over it. Was just curious as any commentary between them.
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Jaguars vs. Patriots / AFC Championship Game

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

GannonFan wrote:
ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:Same thing he wasn't doing anything different than all the other players. Same with the Pats

Still wearing your Lance Armstrong, "Live Strong" bracelet?
No, I don't like one nut guys........