Too early for Eagle Patriots SB chatter...

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Too early for Eagle Patriots SB chatter...

Post by Chizzang »

:shock:

It's looming in the foggy distance... This could happen
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Re: Too early for Eagle Patriots SB chatter...

Post by Col Hogan »

I think the defense is barely holding it together...that’s the weak point for the Pats...

Special teams, on the other hand, are playing lights out...
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Eagles @ Rams in a few weeks should be fun to watch. Saints are rolling some good teams too except the Vikings already beat them earlier.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

kalm wrote:Eagles @ Rams in a few weeks should be fun to watch.
It’ll be awesome to see 50,000 Eagles fans and a few dozen Rams fans in the Coliseum.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Eagles fans know how to keep Super Bowl talk in perspective. We’ve seen more than our share of playoff disappointment. In the middle of our four year string of losing either in the NFCCG or Super Bowl, I attended this one, the last game at the Vet. I still see Ronde Barber running toward me in my nightmares. Gut-wrenching:

http://www.espn.com/blog/philadelphia-e ... arkest-day
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Chizzang wrote::shock:

Why did you start this fvcking thread in November you asshat

It’s going to be 20 pages of useless drivel before we even get to the wild card games
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

CID1990 wrote:

It’s going to be 20 pages of useless drivel before we even get to the wild card games
It's a jinx thread. :lol:
bandl
Towson
Towson

Post by bandl »

The Eagles are 8-1 and there 3 teams right behind them are 7-2.
Obs that the Eagles control their own destiny and can lock up the #1 seed.
But they could just as easily end up the #4 seed.
Too many games left to really even begin talking about SB, let alone playoff seeds.
(They have all but already locked up the division, barring a major injury to Wentz or something like that).
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

CID1990 wrote:

:lol:

This website right here is thousands of pages of useless drivel... flip to any thread for confirmation

And
Jinx is just another word for coming up short

:coffee:
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

The Eagles are so good they took the week off and picked up ground on the entire division. :lol:
Rob Iola
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Lurking

Post by Rob Iola »

The Redskins are just one high impact signing/trade away from going undefeated the rest of the way and making the playoffs/winning the SB. Thinking RGIII as, get this, tailback/WR.
Proletarians of the world, unite!
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Rob Iola wrote:The Redskins are just one high impact signing/trade away from going undefeated the rest of the way and making the playoffs/winning the SB. Thinking RGIII as, get this, tailback/WR.
That's certainly the talk around here. :rofl: :dunce:
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

Rob Iola wrote:The Redskins are just one high impact signing/trade away from going undefeated the rest of the way and making the playoffs/winning the SB. Thinking RGIII as, get this, tailback/WR.
Marty Bennett signed with the Patriots...

:rofl:

Postponed shoulder surgery and retirement (pure fiction on his part)
The Green Bay Packers bit on his Bluff and released him

ah the comedy...
Rob Iola
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Lurking

Post by Rob Iola »

Chizzang wrote:

ah the comedy...
That was pure genius - just when Aaron Rogers was getting a little too much praise, not only does Brady put out the contract on him, but then after he's broken he twists the knife by pulling off the scam of the year with Bennett. I hate the Patriots, but this is gold - I hope Bennett goes 10 for 150 and 3 TDs in the Super Bowl...
Proletarians of the world, unite!
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

Rob Iola wrote:
Chizzang wrote:

ah the comedy...
That was pure genius - just when Aaron Rogers was getting a little too much praise, not only does Brady put out the contract on him, but then after he's broken he twists the knife by pulling off the scam of the year with Bennett. I hate the Patriots, but this is gold - I hope Bennett goes 10 for 150 and 3 TDs in the Super Bowl...
Bennett played the bluff hard... perhaps a bit too hard
The Dr. accusations got him released for sure (The Packers were fuming over that)
but he needed to "stop" talking after that - but he couldn't resist
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Chizzang wrote:

ah the comedy...
He was terrible prior to Rodgers getting hurt. Dropping a lot of catch-able passes, missing blocks. Packer play-by-play guys were pretty frustrated on the air. Bluff or not, he wasn't a good fit in Green Bay.

Packer News Link
Take away the offensive pass interference penalty that nullified a 36-yard pass to wide receiver Randall Cobb, and Sunday’s loss to the Atlanta Falcons still was an unsightly performance for tight end Martellus Bennett.

On a night when quarterback Aaron Rodgers was often under siege, the big free-agent signing for the Green Bay Packers did him few favors. Bennett caught just five of the 11 passes thrown his way and had four drops, two of which were wiped away by penalties.

Adams and Jordy Nelson had nine drops each for the entire 2016 season. Cobb had the best catch percentage on the team and dropped only two passes all year.
Total Packers Link
The Bears’ game illustrates the problem. Bennett’s line on Thursday was six catches on seven throws for 39 yards. His first catch was a beautiful 26-yard grab – but it succeeded due to Rodgers play-faking, rolling out, and surprising Chicago by going downfield on a 3rd-and-1.

For the rest of the game, Bennett had five catches, for 4, 2, 7, 0, and 0 yards. Since Rodgers was having success everywhere else — Nelson, Cobb, and Adams — he stopped targeting Bennett before the third quarter ended.

As some TP commenters have said, he looked slow and sluggish, he’s carrying excess weight around the waist, and there are rumors that he showed up for training camp badly out of shape. Is the 30-year-old resting on his laurels? With a three-year contract at $7 million per season, has he lost his incentive to perform?
Vidav
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: The Russian

Post by Vidav »

Gil Dobie wrote:
Chizzang wrote:

ah the comedy...
He was terrible prior to Rodgers getting hurt. Dropping a lot of catch-able passes, missing blocks. Packer play-by-play guys were pretty frustrated on the air. Bluff or not, he wasn't a good fit in Green Bay.

Packer News Link
Take away the offensive pass interference penalty that nullified a 36-yard pass to wide receiver Randall Cobb, and Sunday’s loss to the Atlanta Falcons still was an unsightly performance for tight end Martellus Bennett.

On a night when quarterback Aaron Rodgers was often under siege, the big free-agent signing for the Green Bay Packers did him few favors. Bennett caught just five of the 11 passes thrown his way and had four drops, two of which were wiped away by penalties.

Adams and Jordy Nelson had nine drops each for the entire 2016 season. Cobb had the best catch percentage on the team and dropped only two passes all year.
Total Packers Link
The Bears’ game illustrates the problem. Bennett’s line on Thursday was six catches on seven throws for 39 yards. His first catch was a beautiful 26-yard grab – but it succeeded due to Rodgers play-faking, rolling out, and surprising Chicago by going downfield on a 3rd-and-1.

For the rest of the game, Bennett had five catches, for 4, 2, 7, 0, and 0 yards. Since Rodgers was having success everywhere else — Nelson, Cobb, and Adams — he stopped targeting Bennett before the third quarter ended.

As some TP commenters have said, he looked slow and sluggish, he’s carrying excess weight around the waist, and there are rumors that he showed up for training camp badly out of shape. Is the 30-year-old resting on his laurels? With a three-year contract at $7 million per season, has he lost his incentive to perform?
He was similarly bad when he came into the league in Dallas.
dal4018
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Post by dal4018 »

You Eagle fans have a history with Belichick going back to '05 and needless to say it didn't work out well.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

The Eagles' DBs aren't going to be able to cover Cooper Kupp....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

dal4018 wrote:You Eagle fans have a history with Belichick going back to '05 and needless to say it didn't work out well.
Actually, genius, we have a history with him in our own division when he was the Giants DC.

2005 was when they were still cheating with videotaping of signals and they only won by 3. We also had an overwhelmed negro quarterback hurling his lunch all over the field and a spoiled child negro WR who would put the team in turmoil that offseason. Fun times.
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

93henfan wrote:
dal4018 wrote:You Eagle fans have a history with Belichick going back to '05 and needless to say it didn't work out well.
Actually, genius, we have a history with him in our own division when he was the Giants DC.

2005 was when they were still cheating with videotaping of signals and they only won by 3. We also had an overwhelmed negro quarterback hurling his lunch all over the field and a spoiled child negro WR who would put the team in turmoil that offseason. Fun times.

This warms my twisted blackened heart
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

93henfan wrote:

You forget, Freddie Mitchell (Fred X) was calling the plays in the huddle. We know because he said so. :rofl:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

kalm wrote:Eagles @ Rams in a few weeks should be fun to watch. Saints are rolling some good teams too except the Vikings already beat them earlier.
Vikings beat both the Rams and Saints.

Outside of the Rams first and last (prevent garbage time) they had less than 200 yards offense against Minnesota.
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

clenz wrote:
kalm wrote:Eagles @ Rams in a few weeks should be fun to watch. Saints are rolling some good teams too except the Vikings already beat them earlier.
Vikings beat both the Rams and Saints.

Outside of the Rams first and last (prevent garbage time) they had less than 200 yards offense against Minnesota.
The Vikings are really the true "sneaky good" team in the NFL right now...

:nod:
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

Chizzang wrote:
clenz wrote: Vikings beat both the Rams and Saints.

The Vikings are really the true "sneaky good" team in the NFL right now...

:nod:
They'll blow it but it's fun while it lasts.

I'm also not exactly sure why it's "sneaky" other than no one wants to talk about them because they aren't Green Bay and are dominating the North. Even the Thanksgiving Day game between Minnesota and Detroit was completely hijacked by GB and Bitch Face Rodgers talk

Dominated the Saints
Made the Rams their bitch
Nearly beat Pittsburg with Case Keenum finding out 10 minutes before kick that he'd be making his first start after prepping Bradford all week