2017-18 NBA Season

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Re: 2017-18 NBA Season

Post by GannonFan »

bluehenbillk wrote:Sixers still get the Lakers pick this year as long as it's not between 2 and 6.
Yup, either they get this pick or the Kings pick in 2019. But in the end, somewhere, they're giving up a 1st round pick that will likely be pretty decent (either the Lakers between 2 and 6 this year or the Kings in 2019 which, since they are the Kings, will be a pretty decent lottery pick).
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Whyizzit that the Sixers are now drawing such YUGE crowds? A team that may not even make the playoffs. A team in a city that doesn't even like pro basketball that much (although it is a cradle of the college game). Is it because the Flyers suck so badly?
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Wolves bowing out to the Celtics tonight.
dal4018
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Post by dal4018 »

Dr J.fell ill at a Sixers game in a hospital resting comfortably.
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

Ivytalk wrote:Whyizzit that the Sixers are now drawing such YUGE crowds? A team that may not even make the playoffs. A team in a city that doesn't even like pro basketball that much (although it is a cradle of the college game). Is it because the Flyers suck so badly?
They might make the playoffs this season.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

dal4018 wrote:Dr J.fell ill at a Sixers game in a hospital resting comfortably.
Good to hear that he’s OK. He always was my favorite Sixer.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Youch. That trembling hand shit is scary.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

Yes very scary moment!!!!!! Just like the QB from Houston Tom Savage!!!!
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

dal4018 wrote:
Ivytalk wrote:Whyizzit that the Sixers are now drawing such YUGE crowds? A team that may not even make the playoffs. A team in a city that doesn't even like pro basketball that much (although it is a cradle of the college game). Is it because the Flyers suck so badly?
They might make the playoffs this season.
Sixers will be in the playoffs this year, bookmark this post with me saying so. They're getting better and better and there's just too much talent there now. Simmons, Embiid, Saric, Reddick is a very good starting 4, and with Fultz it's a starting 5. They're not yet in the class of the more established Eastern Conference teams but the Sixers are better than the Pistons, Pacers, Heat, Bucks, and Knicks so they'll be in the top 8 come year end.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Timberwolves blow out Cavs last night.

Lebron called Wolves guard Tyus Jones, Tyler.
Tyus Jones gets blocked by James, then dunks the second time.

Trivia: Jones mother is from Devils Lake, ND.

phpBB [video]
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Wolves beat OKC for the 3rd time this season.
VictorG
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Griz

Post by VictorG »

Celtics and Philly in London today. Philly up by 22 in 1st half but the Celtics kept believing in the process and storm back for a 114 - 103 victory.

Go Celtics!
Politicians are like Diapers; they need to be changed often and for the same reason
- Mark Twain
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

VictorG wrote:Celtics and Philly in London today. Philly up by 22 in 1st half but the Celtics kept believing in the process and storm back for a 114 - 103 victory.

Go Celtics!
Sixers do what the Sixers do. The number of games where they've coughed up a big lead is quite large these days. They'll get it eventually.
VictorG
Level3
Level3

Post by VictorG »

GannonFan wrote:
VictorG wrote:Celtics and Philly in London today. Philly up by 22 in 1st half but the Celtics kept believing in the process and storm back for a 114 - 103 victory.

Go Celtics!
Sixers do what the Sixers do. The number of games where they've coughed up a big lead is quite large these days. They'll get it eventually.
I was really after some sort of comment by stealing Phillies "believe in the process" line! Oh well......KALM would have never let that slip by if he cared for anything in this thread!! :D
Politicians are like Diapers; they need to be changed often and for the same reason
- Mark Twain
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

GannonFan wrote:

Go Celtics!
I haven't been following, but the radio guys here this morning were saying the same about the Wiz.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

VictorG wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
I was really after some sort of comment by stealing Phillies "believe in the process" line! Oh well......KALM would have never let that slip by if he cared for anything in this thread!! :D
You didn't sell it well enough to warrant a reply. It's just in the delivery. Hang in there, you'll get it.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

89Hen wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
I haven't been following, but the radio guys here this morning were saying the same about the Wiz.
The Sixers will be fine - they're better now than they were weeks ago. Simmons is more aggressive, and Saric has really stepped it up. They really need Fultz to come back and be effective. He'll take the pressure off of Covington and should open up a lot more of the offense if he's the player they think and hope he is. Regardless, though, the Sixers are better than all but the top 4 teams in the East (Celts, Raptors, Cavs, Wiz) as they are right now (they're sitting in the 9th spot but they've owned the Pistons this year and are better than the other teams sitting just ahead of them). Sixers are almost done with the Raptors and Celts this year and have already played most of the big teams in the West twice. A lot of games coming up against teams they should beat (and this is where they need to prove what they have).
VictorG
Level3
Level3

Post by VictorG »

So what's with the Clippers and Rockets rumbling in the locker room or at least wanting to?
- Mark Twain
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Timberwolves tied for the 3rd spot in the West, first place in the their division.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Looks like Lebron will be playing with a different team the next game. Still will be a Cav.

Traded away Isiah Thomas, Dwayne Wade and picked up George Hill for highlights. Still trying to get DeAndre Jordan and Kemba Walker I hear.
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

Lets see if these trades work for the Cavs????
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

GannonFan wrote:
89Hen wrote: I haven't been following, but the radio guys here this morning were saying the same about the Wiz.
The Sixers will be fine - they're better now than they were weeks ago. Simmons is more aggressive, and Saric has really stepped it up. They really need Fultz to come back and be effective. He'll take the pressure off of Covington and should open up a lot more of the offense if he's the player they think and hope he is. Regardless, though, the Sixers are better than all but the top 4 teams in the East (Celts, Raptors, Cavs, Wiz) as they are right now (they're sitting in the 9th spot but they've owned the Pistons this year and are better than the other teams sitting just ahead of them). Sixers are almost done with the Raptors and Celts this year and have already played most of the big teams in the West twice. A lot of games coming up against teams they should beat (and this is where they need to prove what they have).
Covington needs to get out of his shooting slump the Sixers were playing well when he was involved in the offense plus his BRAND NEW CONTRACT EXTENSION should be a strong motivating factor.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Sixers finish up on a nice 5 game home win streak prior to the all-star break, including a win tonight over the Heat without Embiid in the lineup. Simmons goes for his 6th triple double of the year, putting him one short of tying Magic Johnson for 2nd on the list of most triple doubles by a rookie, yet somehow has been criminally passed over for the All-Star game on about 4 different occasions now. Sixers sit at the 7th seed, 1.5 games ahead of the 8th seed and just 2 games back of the #4 seed in the East. And they have the easiest remaining schedule of any team in the NBA. Picked up veteran shooter Belinelli to bolster the bench since Fultz won't play this year. Could be a very special season for the Sixers - winning a playoff round would be a nice way to finish the year, and that looks certainly possible. Trust the Process.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

phpBB [video]
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Timberwolves are currently the #3 seed in the West. With Jimmy Butler out 4 weeks, they still have a shot for the playoffs. If they go .500 the rest of the way, they will have a 47-35 record, and that should be good enough. They have some tough games in the immediate future, but more mid level teams towards the end.