2017-18 NBA Season

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
VictorG
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Griz

Re: 2017-18 NBA Season

Post by VictorG »

Go Celtics!
Politicians are like Diapers; they need to be changed often and for the same reason
- Mark Twain
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Sixers rebound from letting the Warriors take them game from them in the second half this past weekend and they complete the season sweep of the Utah Jazz last night. First time since 1987-88 season that the Sixers sweep the Jazz. Simmons continues his runaway ROY season with 27 pts and 10 boards, with 22 of those points coming in the second half. Tough game against the Blazers on Wednesday - Sixers holding 9-7 so far this year, playing a tough opening schedule against mostly Western Conference teams. Schedule gets easier eventually. Trust the Process.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
VictorG
Level3
Level3

Post by VictorG »

Go Celtics!!
Politicians are like Diapers; they need to be changed often and for the same reason
- Mark Twain
VictorG
Level3
Level3

Post by VictorG »

Go Celtics!!
- Mark Twain
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Liking where there Sixers are right now. Sitting nice in the top 4-5 of the Eastern Conference after playing a particularly difficult opening 20 games of the season. Embiid has played all but 3 games this year, with 2 of them being road games on the back end of a back to back. Simmons looks like the next coming of Magic Johnson, and Saric is finally starting to come around after a sluggish start to the season. Covington and Redick can get hot and carry a game at any time, and we haven't even seen Fultz yet. Still need a bit more of a bench - not enough scoring there right now and you can see them let teams back into games when the stars go out, but that's fixable. Right now, I would be shocked if the Sixers didn't get the Lakers pick this year - I don't see them being in the 2-6 range of the lottery (Celtics would get the pick then) so it looks like the Sixers will get that one this year and the Celts get the Kings pick in 2019. Could still change, especially with injuries. But for the Sixers, it's all looking real good. Trust the Process.
VictorG
Level3
Level3

Post by VictorG »

Go Celtics!!
- Mark Twain
VictorG
Level3
Level3

Post by VictorG »

Go Celtics!!
- Mark Twain
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Timberwolves sitting at #4 in the West.
VictorG
Level3
Level3

Post by VictorG »

Go Celtics!!
- Mark Twain
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

First of two games tonight of the Sixers/T-Wolves, two of the younger up and coming teams in the NBA. Sixers still reporting Embiid, Covington, and McConnell as game time decisions.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Fun game last night - Embiid did end up playing. Sixers still turn the ball over a ton and the T-Wolves still have occasional defensive issues (a number of teams beat back down the floor after a made basket - weird). In the OT Simmons and Embiid took over but an entertaining game from two teams that could be good for years to come.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

GannonFan wrote:Fun game last night - Embiid did end up playing. Sixers still turn the ball over a ton and the T-Wolves still have occasional defensive issues (a number of teams beat back down the floor after a made basket - weird). In the OT Simmons and Embiid took over but an entertaining game from two teams that could be good for years to come.
Wolves were pretty cold from the arc, 5-29.
VictorG
Level3
Level3

Post by VictorG »

Go Celtics!!
- Mark Twain
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Timberwolves castoffs (Bulls) shock The Process last night.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

UNI88 wrote:Timberwolves castoffs (Bulls) shock The Process last night.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Sixers are their own worst enemy right now. Too many bad losses (Kings, Suns, Lakers, now the Bulls) starting to add up because they don't take care of the ball, especially late in games, they don't really play great defense, and again, late in games, outside of Embiid (who is fabulous), they don't have that go to scorer. But really, if they found a way not to be the NBA leader in turnovers, they'd probably have another 4-5 wins at this point. The Sixers have something like the second easiest schedule in the NBA the rest of the season, but it won't be anything if they can't figure out how to get back to beating bad teams.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Timberwolves still hanging in the 4 spot in the west.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Sixers are just treading water right now. Finally have a winning streak (2 games) after playing disastrously for the past 10-11 games. 10th in the conference, but none of the teams right in front of them are scary. Get to play the Spurs tonight with the Spurs playing the second game of a back to back, then the Pistons (who the Sixers are 2-0 against already) on Friday before heading to London to play the Celts. Lots of days off before and after that trip so shouldn't be a big deal. And there's video the Sixers put out about Fultz actually practicing - he would be a much needed addition as he can score in ways that the Sixers struggle to do so right now.
VictorG
Level3
Level3

Post by VictorG »

Go Celtics!!
- Mark Twain
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

VictorG wrote:Go Celtics!!
Nice slaughter of the Cavs last night.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Gil Dobie wrote:
VictorG wrote:Go Celtics!!
For the Celtics and the Cavs the only thing that matters is who wins that best of 7 game series to decide the East in May. And of course getting to that best of 7 game series. Anything less would be utter failure.
VictorG
Level3
Level3

Post by VictorG »

GannonFan wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:
For the Celtics and the Cavs the only thing that matters is who wins that best of 7 game series to decide the East in May. And of course getting to that best of 7 game series. Anything less would be utter failure.
I'm really like that Tatum kid on the Celtics. 19 years old and seems to be getting better almost every game!
- Mark Twain
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

VictorG wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
I'm really like that Tatum kid on the Celtics. 19 years old and seems to be getting better almost every game!
That's where the Sixers may have blown it and you only have to look at the jettison of Hinkie as a reason for it. Sixers gave up the Lakers pick this year (likely - hard to see them righting the ship and moving back to the 7th pick in the draft or later) to get Fultz. Celtics likely weren't going to pick Fultz anyway, and even if they did, the Sixers could've gotten Tatum (Lakers were picking Ball no matter what). Hinkie never would've made that trade and would've kept the Lakers pick while taking whomever of Fultz/Tatum the Celtics didn't pick. Tatum is a player, and the jury is out on Fultz until we see him on the court. I think Fultz will be fine, and he does fit a need for the Sixers (a slashing scorer who can also shoot). But I think the Sixers could've had Fultz without giving up the pick to the Celtics because I don't think the Celtics wanted him anyway.
VictorG
Level3
Level3

Post by VictorG »

It's my understanding the Celtics wanted Tatum all along and knew they could get him lower. I was pretty shocked at the trade myself and thankful!
- Mark Twain
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

VictorG wrote:It's my understanding the Celtics wanted Tatum all along and knew they could get him lower. I was pretty shocked at the trade myself and thankful!
That's what you get when the NBA forces out Hinkie and we get saddled with Colangelo. Like I said, Hinkie never would've made that trade, and Colangelo blunders into it to make it look like he's doing something. Granted, Fultz may still be a very, very good player, and he should fit well with what the Sixers have/need. But there was no need to throw away a good draft pick for it as well.
bluehenbillk
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: elaware

Post by bluehenbillk »

Sixers still get the Lakers pick this year as long as it's not between 2 and 6.
Make Delaware Football Great Again