2017 NLDS

All other sports including pro, high school and more!

Who wins the NLDS's?

Dodgers/Nationals
24%
Dodgers/Cubs
47%
Diamondbacks/Nationals
24%
Diamondbacks/Cubs
6%

Total votes: 17

CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Re: 2017 NLDS

Post by CAA Flagship »

bandl wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:I watched about 2 minutes of the game after work, Taylors at bat.
Apparently the only at-bats worth watching for the Nats occur in the 8th inning.
Good info here. I'll have to adjust my bathroom break schedule. :thumb:
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

93henfan wrote:
89Hen wrote:Dusty Baker needs to be fired before the game today.
How about the one today?
Yes, still needs to be fired as the Nats should have already advanced.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

bandl wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:I watched about 2 minutes of the game after work, Taylors at bat.
Apparently the only at-bats worth watching for the Nats occur in the 8th inning.
No doubt that the Nats bats have been awful, but so have the Cubs. Cubs have scored 6 earned runs in 4 games.... 2 in the last 23 innings. :shock:
Rob Iola
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Lurking

Post by Rob Iola »

89Hen wrote:
93henfan wrote:
How about the one today?
Yes, still needs to be fired as the Nats should have already advanced.
What fun would that have been? Game 4, build-up and the game itself, was one of the most entertaining baseball events of the season. Dusty's trying to out-do himself for Game 5 - I mean, is he seriously trying to choose between Gio and Roark? He's sandbagging to the extreme in order to influence Maddon's lineup moves, and it seems to be working. He just needs to hold on long enough for the Nats bats to come back to life...
Proletarians of the world, unite!
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

There's that Washington playoff magic.

phpBB [video]
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

That was nothing short of disappointing.
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

89Hen wrote:That was nothing short of disappointing.
No sugar coating it. As a life-long four-sport Philadelphia fan, I can recognize soul-crushing losses. That was a very respectable 9.7/10 on the soul-crushing scale.

For reference, here's what a 10/10 looks like:

phpBB [video]
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

93henfan wrote:For reference, here's what a 10/10 looks like:
That's when I was still a Phillies fan and was actually in Philly watching that game.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

89Hen wrote:
93henfan wrote:For reference, here's what a 10/10 looks like:
That's when I was still a Phillies fan and was actually in Philly watching that game.
I was a partial season ticket plan holder that season. I was in the Vet for the clincher over the Braves (great experience) and also the Game 4 15-14 choke by the Phils and Mitch Williams (awful). Williams received death threats after that game. They actually damaged his home after the Game 6 choke.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

93henfan wrote:
89Hen wrote: That's when I was still a Phillies fan and was actually in Philly watching that game.
I was a partial season ticket plan holder that season. I was in the Vet for the clincher over the Braves (great experience) and also the Game 4 15-14 choke by the Phils and Mitch Williams (awful). Williams received death threats after that game. They actually damaged his home after the Game 6 choke.
Me and BHBK were in the next to last row in the right field 700 level of the Vet (one of the rows with bleachers - the last three rows didn't even have individual seats) for the Game 6 win over the Braves that year and that still stands as the single greatest sporting event I've ever been to. I still tear up a little whenever I hear "Whoomp, There it is".

I actually sat in front of my tv and didn't move or speak for at least an hour after the World Series loss. But as a true Philadelphia fan, I realize that the mistake that ultimately cost them that last game was not putting Mitch Williams in. The mistake happened after the 7th inning with Fregosi opting to not leave Roger Mason in to pitch the 8th. He put Larry Anderson in, after Mason was unhittable in the 7th. Anderson had nothing left and couldn't throw it past anyone. He turns the lineup over in the 8th and now Williams needs to see the best part of the Jay's lineup in the 9th. If not for taking Roger Mason out we'd instead be talking today about the unbelievable game that Curt Schilling would've thrown in Game 7 to win the World Series for the Phils. If only. :ohno:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

GannonFan wrote:If only. :ohno:
Don't get me started.

- Turner thrown out at home in the first
- Werth misplays a routine fly ball (it was not lights)
- Lobaton swings at a pitch when Taylor had second stolen, then singles next pitch which would have scored Taylor
- Umps botch the dropped third strike passed ball, and Weiters throws it away
- Catcher interference on the next batter
- Hit by pitch next batter
- Lobaton gets picked off first because his foot comes off the bag an inch for a split second
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

89Hen wrote:
GannonFan wrote:If only. :ohno:
Don't get me started.

- Lobaton swings at a pitch when Taylor had second stolen, then singles next pitch which would have scored Taylor
- Lobaton gets picked off first because his foot comes off the bag an inch for a split second
Yeah, but it's the Nationals, everyone knew they are never going to win a playoff series. Amirite?? :rofl:

(Too soon?)
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

GannonFan wrote:
93henfan wrote:
Me and BHBK were in the next to last row in the right field 700 level of the Vet (one of the rows with bleachers - the last three rows didn't even have individual seats) for the Game 6 win over the Braves that year and that still stands as the single greatest sporting event I've ever been to. I still tear up a little whenever I hear "Whoomp, There it is".

I actually sat in front of my tv and didn't move or speak for at least an hour after the World Series loss. But as a true Philadelphia fan, I realize that the mistake that ultimately cost them that last game was not putting Mitch Williams in. The mistake happened after the 7th inning with Fregosi opting to not leave Roger Mason in to pitch the 8th. He put Larry Anderson in, after Mason was unhittable in the 7th. Anderson had nothing left and couldn't throw it past anyone. He turns the lineup over in the 8th and now Williams needs to see the best part of the Jay's lineup in the 9th. If not for taking Roger Mason out we'd instead be talking today about the unbelievable game that Curt Schilling would've thrown in Game 7 to win the World Series for the Phils. If only. :ohno:
I was in the very first row of the 500 level over 3rd base. Terrific vantage point for the NLCS celebration.

For the Carter HR, I happened to be watching with my parents, as I was living at home for a few months like a career Millennial in the time between graduating from UD and shipping off to Parris Island. I too was just stunned. I went to my room and just layed there staring at the ceiling and uttering "fuck, motherfuck, motherfucking fucking fuck, fucking fuckfucking fuck..." for about an hour as well. And to think, it had only been forty Philadelphia major-four sports seasons without a championship at that point. WE MADE IT TO 100 BABY!!! :lol:

Thankfully this happened:
:notworthy: :clap: :notworthy:

phpBB [video]

89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

GannonFan wrote:
89Hen wrote: Don't get me started.

Yeah, but it's the Nationals, everyone knew they are never going to win a playoff series. Amirite?? :rofl:

(Too soon?)
It sure feels that way. Taylor hits the three run jack and I actually thought this was the year. Shame on me.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

93henfan wrote:
GannonFan wrote:

I was in the very first row of the 500 level over 3rd base. Terrific vantage point for the NLCS celebration.

For the Carter HR, I happened to be watching with my parents, as I was living at home for a few months like a career Millennial in the time between graduating from UD and shipping off to Parris Island. I too was just stunned. I went to my room and just layed there staring at the ceiling and uttering "****, ****, motherfucking **** ****, **** **** ****..." for about an hour as well. And to think, it had only been forty Philadelphia major-four sports seasons without a championship at that point. WE MADE IT TO 100 BABY!!! :lol:

Thankfully this happened:
:notworthy: :clap: :notworthy:

phpBB [video]

Yes, the parade was a great day. I pulled my oldest out of pre-school early (it was Halloween), and the whole family went to the parade, even my youngest who was just two months old at the time (although, he was the only one still awake with me when Matt Stairs hit that massive bomb against the Dodgers - word is the ball is still in orbit today). We were back in front of a TV by the time we heard Utley with his immortal speech.