Trevathan/Adams Hit

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Trevathan/Adams Hit

Post by 93henfan »

:shock: (gotta click to open in YouTube, as NFL has blocked embedding)

phpBB [video]
Last edited by 93henfan on Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: Trevathan/Adams Hit

Post by kalm »

Should be suspended.
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

kalm wrote:Should be suspended.
And it doesn't look like he was ejected? That's the kind of shit that's going to kill football eventually. :ohno:
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Actually not as bad as...

phpBB [video]
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

Grizalltheway wrote:
And it doesn't look like he was ejected? That's the kind of shit that's going to kill football eventually. :ohno:
According to the rules, he should have been ejected. Lame officials can't even get that part right.
:thumb:
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

He should have taken a knee.
ASUG8
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: ASU

Post by ASUG8 »

89Hen wrote:Actually not as bad as...

phpBB [video]
Punt return is the most thankless job in football. :ohno:
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

CAA Flagship wrote:He should have taken a knee.
:rimshot:
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

That was a classic targeting call and it was the dirtiest NFL hit I've seen since replays of Jack Tatum on Darryl Stingley. Trevathan should have been ejected on the spot, to be followed by a hefty suspension and fine.

We had a similar situation in our homecoming game last night, only it was the opposing quarterback who went facemask-to-facemask on our kicker-safety after throwing a pick, and NO flag was dropped. We were highly steamed about that no-call.

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Heard on sports radio that he wasn't ejected because the rule wasn't adopted...so there technically isn't an ejection rule for this hit.

Just a brutal hit. I've never seen both teams call for medical at the same time before. Yikes.
dal4018
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Post by dal4018 »

He was for 2 gms.
dal4018
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Post by dal4018 »

SDHornet wrote:Heard on sports radio that he wasn't ejected because the rule wasn't adopted...so there technically isn't an ejection rule for this hit.

Just a brutal hit. I've never seen both teams call for medical at the same time before. Yikes.
You never saw the brutal career ending hit on Joe Theisman from Lawrence Taylor!!!!!
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

dal4018 wrote:
SDHornet wrote:Heard on sports radio that he wasn't ejected because the rule wasn't adopted...so there technically isn't an ejection rule for this hit.

You never saw the brutal career ending hit on Joe Theisman from Lawrence Taylor!!!!!
I saw it...meh.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Sure there is. All they had to do was call unsportsmanlike conduct. There's an ejection option associated with THAT.

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

dal4018 wrote:

There are TWO N's in THEISMANN.

And, yes, that WAS a nasty hit, though it wasn't exactly dirty. The fact that Taylor was IMMEDIATELY calling for the WAS medical staff was proof of that, IMHO....

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

SuperHornet wrote:

Sure there is. All they had to do was call unsportsmanlike conduct. There's an ejection option associated with THAT.
Doesn't an ejection come at the 2nd unsportsmanlike conduct call? If so, then no he wouldn't have been ejected.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

SDHornet wrote:
SuperHornet wrote:
Doesn't an ejection come at the 2nd unsportsmanlike conduct call? If so, then no he wouldn't have been ejected.
A second UC call is an auto-ejection, but I believe that there is discretion to eject on a first UC call if the audacity of the action warrants it. Situations like this, though, would work out much better under the college rule, which assesses a UC pending a video review, which results in an ejection if the video substantiates the targeting call.