2017 Wentzadelphia Eagles Thread

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Re: 2017 Wentzadelphia Eagles Thread

Post by GannonFan »

It was cool last night - at halftime of the cowboys/'Skins game they actually did a feature on the Eagles touchdown celebrations this year, complete with the Eagles fight song in the background. It's good to be the king.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

The Eagles signed wide receiver Alshon Jeffery to a four-year contract extension through 2021 on Saturday morning.

Jeffery, 27, will receive $52 million over four years with $27 million guaranteed, according to a league source, and the total value could reach $56 million with incentives...

...They now have Jeffery and tight end Zach Ertz, their top two receivers, signed through 2021.
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eag ... ?mobi=true
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

10-2. Eagles weren’t going to beat a desperate Seahawks team and the officials.

As previously stated, need to go 1-1 on the west coast road trip, so a win at LA next week is in order.

Hopefully get another crack at the Seahawks in the Linc with a decent set of officials.
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

93henfan wrote:10-2. Eagles weren’t going to beat a desperate Seahawks team and the officials.

As previously stated, need to go 1-1 on the west coast road trip, so a win at LA next week is in order.

Hopefully get another crack at the Seahawks in the Linc with a decent set of officials.

:rofl:

You entertain me
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
bluehenbillk
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: elaware

Post by bluehenbillk »

Pederson had a bad gameplan going in last night & Wentz had a bad game. Byron Maxwell started at corner & the Seahawks had single coverage on the Eagles WR's. Why not target Maxwell all night last night?

Eagles DB's that everyone was worried about before the season played like it last night. The DL played their ass off for most of the night - the DB's have to cover someone & not hold.
Make Delaware Football Great Again
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

If Wentz hadn’t fumbled through the end zone...

If Pederson hadn’t challenged when he did, and challenged when he didn’t...

Whole different game, even with all the weaknesses BillK mentioned.

Pederson coached without swagger in the first half and the team was tight in response. They’ll be fine. I expect them to open a can of the ole’ whoop-ass on the Rams at LincWest Coliseum.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Crap, the Eagles played like crap (well, not the defensive front 7 and the offensive line, and the receivers and running backs). Pederson coached like he was scared and Wentz was just erratic all night. It looked like a Sam Bradford gameplan, just check down after check down. I think they targeted Ertz like once in the first half and other than the brutal misfire fro Wentz to the wide open Agholar they never went even moderately downfield. Not going for it on 4th down at the end of the half and punting with 20 seconds left was just gutless. Choosing to challenge on the play that was going to be 4th and inches anyway was weird, and then not challenging the clear forward lateral was even weirder.

I just hope this isn't the pattern going forward for big games. Granted, we were still in the game with all of those miscues plus Wentz fumbling out of the endzone at the 1, but on the other hand the Seahawks aren't that good of a team and that played a part into the game still being in reach despite all of that.

No cushion now, the Vikings will likely lose no more than 1 game the rest of the way (next week in Carolina or a Aaron Rodgers revenge game in Lambeau) and of course could win out. Eagles have to win out to have any shot at homefield advantage and frankly, losing again would put them in danger of not even getting a first round bye. On the bright side, only the Rams game is a game they could lose so it's all in front of them now. Going to be a huge Eagles contingent in LA so it should be a loud and feisty game. Gotta go back to playing without being scared, because that's what Wentz and Pederson looked like last night.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote:Crap, the Eagles played like crap (well, not the defensive front 7 and the offensive line, and the receivers and running backs). Pederson coached like he was scared and Wentz was just erratic all night. It looked like a Sam Bradford gameplan, just check down after check down. I think they targeted Ertz like once in the first half and other than the brutal misfire fro Wentz to the wide open Agholar they never went even moderately downfield. Not going for it on 4th down at the end of the half and punting with 20 seconds left was just gutless. Choosing to challenge on the play that was going to be 4th and inches anyway was weird, and then not challenging the clear forward lateral was even weirder.

I just hope this isn't the pattern going forward for big games. Granted, we were still in the game with all of those miscues plus Wentz fumbling out of the endzone at the 1, but on the other hand the Seahawks aren't that good of a team and that played a part into the game still being in reach despite all of that.

No cushion now, the Vikings will likely lose no more than 1 game the rest of the way (next week in Carolina or a Aaron Rodgers revenge game in Lambeau) and of course could win out. Eagles have to win out to have any shot at homefield advantage and frankly, losing again would put them in danger of not even getting a first round bye. On the bright side, only the Rams game is a game they could lose so it's all in front of them now. Going to be a huge Eagles contingent in LA so it should be a loud and feisty game. Gotta go back to playing without being scared, because that's what Wentz and Pederson looked like last night.
The Hawks aren't that good. They're a consistent running game and DB away.

But they still have one of if not the best front 7's in the game and an MVP caliber QB. Those two things can get you in the playoffs and make you a tough out.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote:
GannonFan wrote:Crap, the Eagles played like crap (well, not the defensive front 7 and the offensive line, and the receivers and running backs). Pederson coached like he was scared and Wentz was just erratic all night. It looked like a Sam Bradford gameplan, just check down after check down. I think they targeted Ertz like once in the first half and other than the brutal misfire fro Wentz to the wide open Agholar they never went even moderately downfield. Not going for it on 4th down at the end of the half and punting with 20 seconds left was just gutless. Choosing to challenge on the play that was going to be 4th and inches anyway was weird, and then not challenging the clear forward lateral was even weirder.

The Hawks aren't that good. They're a consistent running game and DB away.

But they still have one of if not the best front 7's in the game and an MVP caliber QB. Those two things can get you in the playoffs and make you a tough out.
Wilson's good for sure. Not as sold on the front 7 - the Eagles ran on them, and in losses earlier this year to the Redskins and Falcons they looked mortal. I didn't see a lot of pressure on Wentz last night. Wilson making plays and Wentz not making plays and Pederson not calling plays was the story last night.
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

That was really a must win game for the Seahawks...
They have zero wiggle room
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Chizzang wrote:That was really a must win game for the Seahawks...
They have zero wiggle room
Yep, and as tight as the Eagles played, it never felt like they were out of it until about three minutes left.

Good character builder for a second year QB.

If they don’t respond this week, then some worry is in order.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

93henfan wrote:If Wentz hadn’t fumbled through the end zone...
The rule is the rule, but does anyone have a good explanation as to why the touchback rule exists? Seems dumb to me. Also, it seemed kinda odd that a Seahawks player could kick the ball (inadvertently or not) through the back of the endzone but they get the turnover anyway? The rule says "any player bats or punches a loose ball (that has touched the ground) in any direction, if it is in either end zone." so it doesn't include kicking as intentional kicking the ball any time is illegal.
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

89Hen wrote:
93henfan wrote:If Wentz hadn’t fumbled through the end zone...
The rule is the rule, but does anyone have a good explanation as to why the touchback rule exists? Seems dumb to me. Also, it seemed kinda odd that a Seahawks player could kick the ball (inadvertently or not) through the back of the endzone but they get the turnover anyway? The rule says "any player bats or punches a loose ball (that has touched the ground) in any direction, if it is in either end zone." so it doesn't include kicking as intentional kicking the ball any time is illegal.
The rule exists because of the Raiders
and honestly I kinda like it

Securing the ball as you approach the end zone is a good rule
and removing the possibility of fumbling FORWARD into the End Zone and getting a touchdown is good

:nod:

The Rules does NOT need to be changed
All one needs to do is imagine a superbowl where YOUR favorite team loses
on a forward fumble into the end zone
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Chizzang wrote:
89Hen wrote: The rule is the rule, but does anyone have a good explanation as to why the touchback rule exists? Seems dumb to me. Also, it seemed kinda odd that a Seahawks player could kick the ball (inadvertently or not) through the back of the endzone but they get the turnover anyway? The rule says "any player bats or punches a loose ball (that has touched the ground) in any direction, if it is in either end zone." so it doesn't include kicking as intentional kicking the ball any time is illegal.

and removing the possibility of fumbling FORWARD into the End Zone and getting a touchdown is good

That rule about fumbling forward into the endzone (that only the fumbler can fall on it for a TD) is only in the last 2 minutes of play in the 4th quarter, or on 4th down. That's the rule they put in as a result of the Raiders. You can still fumble it forward (not intentionally of course) and anyone can fall on it in the endzone.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

On the bright side, the Eagles got a sack last night so I still get a free Big Mac at McDonald's today (local promotion). That will make the loss better to take.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

GannonFan wrote:On the bright side, the Eagles got a sack last night so I still get a free Big Mac at McDonald's today (local promotion). That will make the loss better to take.
Better to take a dump tonight for sure. :rimshot:

Thank you, thank you. I’ll be back for an evening show. Don’t forget to tip your server and the bartender!
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Chizzang wrote:
89Hen wrote: The rule is the rule, but does anyone have a good explanation as to why the touchback rule exists? Seems dumb to me. Also, it seemed kinda odd that a Seahawks player could kick the ball (inadvertently or not) through the back of the endzone but they get the turnover anyway? The rule says "any player bats or punches a loose ball (that has touched the ground) in any direction, if it is in either end zone." so it doesn't include kicking as intentional kicking the ball any time is illegal.

That's not the case Cleets. Why should the defense get the ball if nobody recovers it? If you wanted that the offense can't ever fumble forward into the endzone, just state that if the offense recovers in the endzone, the ball goes back to the spot at which it was fumbled. If the defense recovers in the endzone, obviously it's a touchback. If nobody recovers, it should go back to the spot of the fumble and remain with the offense. That's the way it is if you fumble out the side line between the end zones.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

I say keep the rule, because it’s entertaining if nothing else. It’s like a Get Out of Jail Free card for a defense. :lol:

And some cases are better than others. Wentz’s last night wasn’t even the worst. The worst is when a guy dives for the goal line corner, stretches, loses his grip, and the ball floats over the goal line pylon.

Doh! TOUCHBACK!!! :rofl:

It’s one of those stupid little NFL things that’s awesome. Things that only a foreigner or a woman or 89Hen would question.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

89Hen wrote:
Chizzang wrote:

That's not the case Cleets. Why should the defense get the ball if nobody recovers it? If you wanted that the offense can't ever fumble forward into the endzone, just state that if the offense recovers in the endzone, the ball goes back to the spot at which it was fumbled. If the defense recovers in the endzone, obviously it's a touchback. If nobody recovers, it should go back to the spot of the fumble and remain with the offense. That's the way it is if you fumble out the side line between the end zones.
I'm with you, 89. It's a strange rule. I'm not sure what the answer is. Probably several scenarios that would be better.

Another bad rule is the jump ball rule in college basketball. Possession alternates after the opening tip-off. Possession should go to the defense. If the simultaneous control of the ball occurs after a shot, or some other scenario where there is no clear possession prior to it, then it should alternate.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

CAA Flagship wrote:
89Hen wrote: That's not the case Cleets. Why should the defense get the ball if nobody recovers it? If you wanted that the offense can't ever fumble forward into the endzone, just state that if the offense recovers in the endzone, the ball goes back to the spot at which it was fumbled. If the defense recovers in the endzone, obviously it's a touchback. If nobody recovers, it should go back to the spot of the fumble and remain with the offense. That's the way it is if you fumble out the side line between the end zones.
I'm with you, 89. It's a strange rule. I'm not sure what the answer is. Probably several scenarios that would be better.

Another bad rule is the jump ball rule in college basketball. Possession alternates after the opening tip-off. Possession should go to the defense. If the simultaneous control of the ball occurs after a shot, or some other scenario where there is no clear possession prior to it, then it should alternate.
Just do actual jump balls. 7’4” 190 pounders need scholarships too.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

93henfan wrote:I say keep the rule, because it’s entertaining if nothing else. It’s like a Get Out of Jail Free card for a defense. :lol:

And some cases are better than others. Wentz’s last night wasn’t even the worst. The worst is when a guy dives for the goal line corner, stretches, loses his grip, and the ball floats over the goal line pylon.

It’s one of those stupid little NFL things that’s awesome. Things that only a foreigner or a woman or 89Hen would question.
Field hockey has tons of stupid, little rules. You must love that sport. :roll:
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

89Hen wrote:
93henfan wrote:I say keep the rule, because it’s entertaining if nothing else. It’s like a Get Out of Jail Free card for a defense. :lol:

Field hockey has tons of stupid, little rules. You must love that sport. :roll:
Never watched a single minute of it, though I have seen pictures of the Dutch women’s team several years ago (that’s the orange country, right?) and they had a few hotties.

That’s your cue to post a picture of the fattest lesbian field hockey player in orange that you can find with the suspicious emoji next to it.

Because you’re not predictable.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

93henfan wrote:
89Hen wrote: Field hockey has tons of stupid, little rules. You must love that sport. :roll:
Never watched a single minute of it, though I have seen pictures of the Dutch women’s team several years ago (that’s the orange country, right?) and they had a few hotties.

That’s your cue to post a picture of the fattest lesbian field hockey player in orange that you can find with the suspicious emoji next to it.

Because you’re not predictable.
One minute you're bashing women and Europeans when it comes to sport, the next you are into it. You're not predictable.
bluehenbillk
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: elaware

Post by bluehenbillk »

Vaitai struggled quite a bit Sunday night - he has to play better for Wentz's health sakes!
Make Delaware Football Great Again
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Rams are 2.5 pt favorites in Vegas.

Empty out your 401(k)’s and throw all kinds of money on the Eagles.