2017 Wentzadelphia Eagles Thread

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Re: 2017 Wentzadelphia Eagles Thread

Post by 93henfan »

Ya don’t think Trump being the President had anything to do with it?

Let’s be honest: this was another chance to beat the “Murica patriotism, take yer hat off and stand up straight sonny” shtick that I don’t dig at all from Trump. Yes, I realize it keeps the base in West Bumblefuck (I live in East BF) happy, but there’s blame on both sides here.

The Eagles were an easy target from a deep blue city (some purple suburbs notwithstanding). He wouldn’t have pulled this on the Packers or Cowboys.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

93henfan wrote:Ya don’t think Trump being the President had anything to do with it?

Let’s be honest: this was another chance to beat the “Murica patriotism, take yer hat off and stand up straight sonny” shtick that I don’t dig at all from Trump. Yes, I realize it keeps the base in West Bumblefuck (I live in East BF) happy, but there’s blame on both sides here.

The Eagles were an easy target from a deep blue city (some purple suburbs notwithstanding). He wouldn’t have pulled this on the Packers or Cowboys.
The eagles set him up, and he responded exactly as they knew he would. :lol:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

BDKJMU wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:
Trump is still having a celebration with the Eagles fans. The team is not coming. Original plan was for 81 members of the Eagles delegation to attend. Not as many as thought planned to attend. Eagles wanted to reschedule, but Trump would have been traveling. So the Eagles sent a smaller list of people a day or so ago, and wanted the White House to change plans. Trump then said no to the Eagles, but will welcome the fans. As much as I dislike Trump, the Eagles management and some of the players do have some blame for this.
Yep. Last Thur, 5/31 the Eagles sent the WH a list of 81 players/coaches/team officials. They were cleared by the SS on Fri, 6/1. Then the Eagles claimed they needed to reschedule because most players wouldn't be attending. The Eagles reportedly wanted to reschedule it to next week (when conveniently for them Trump wouldn't have been there). The WH said no. So the Eagles sent a new list that had only 10 coming, and reportedly only a few players. Of course 10 people and only a couple players would have looked ridiculous, so of course the WH cancelled. This one sounds like its on the Eagles, despite Trump then jumping on the anthem thing..
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Your Tard President doesn't even know the words to God Bless America. Good God are you and the rest of the Trump Humpers Pathetic.
:thumb:
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

dbackjon wrote:
BDKJMU wrote:
Yep. Last Thur, 5/31 the Eagles sent the WH a list of 81 players/coaches/team officials. They were cleared by the SS on Fri, 6/1. Then the Eagles claimed they needed to reschedule because most players wouldn't be attending. The Eagles reportedly wanted to reschedule it to next week (when conveniently for them Trump wouldn't have been there). The WH said no. So the Eagles sent a new list that had only 10 coming, and reportedly only a few players. Of course 10 people and only a couple players would have looked ridiculous, so of course the WH cancelled. This one sounds like its on the Eagles, despite Trump then jumping on the anthem thing..

Your Tard President doesn't even know the words to God Bless America. Good God are you and the rest of the Trump Humpers Pathetic.
Hey Jon, I don't think I could quote the words of God Bless America and probably a majority of American's couldn't without a little practice. There's a lot more wrong with Trump than knowing the words to a song.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

Gil Dobie wrote:
dbackjon wrote:

Hey Jon, I don't think I could quote the words of God Bless America and probably a majority of American's couldn't without a little practice. There's a lot more wrong with Trump than knowing the words to a song.

Oh please. You know it. It is sung at every baseball game. And if you are the Uber-Patriotic President Trump pretends to be, you need to know more than just the first line and the God Bless America refrain.

This pinko commie America hater has no problems remembering the words.
:thumb:
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

dbackjon wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:

Oh please. You know it. It is sung at every baseball game. And if you are the Uber-Patriotic President Trump pretends to be, you need to know more than just the first line and the God Bless America refrain.

It's a good time to stand up and stretch.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

dbackjon wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:

All I'll say about this ongoing fiasco is that if there is anyone in America that should always be cheerleading the flag and anthem, it's the POTUS. It would be like the CEO of McDonalds being heard saying, "Meh, I'm not Lovin' It" or the CEO of Coke saying, "It was never the Real Thing". That said, style matters.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

CAA Flagship wrote:
dbackjon wrote:

All I'll say about this ongoing fiasco is that if there is anyone in America that should always be cheerleading the flag and anthem, it's the POTUS. It would be like the CEO of McDonalds being heard saying, "Meh, I'm not Lovin' It" or the CEO of Coke saying, "It was never the Real Thing". That said, style matters.
Did they change the Anthem to God Bless America?
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Woody Paige made an interesting point on Around the Horn. The USFL's New Jersey Generals, owned by one Donald J. Trump, never stood on the sidelines during the playing of the national anthem.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Trump can kiss off PA in 2020. That razor thin margin, consisting of BDK and his 44000 inbred cousins, is gone. Swamped by a flood of angry Eagles Nation diehards.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Ivytalk wrote:Trump can kiss off PA in 2020. That razor thin margin, consisting of BDK and his 44000 inbred cousins, is gone. Swamped by a flood of angry Eagles Nation diehards.
:jack:
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

BDKJMU wrote:
Ivytalk wrote:Trump can kiss off PA in 2020. That razor thin margin, consisting of BDK and his 44000 inbred cousins, is gone. Swamped by a flood of angry Eagles Nation diehards.
:jack:
That’s creative. But to be expected of a graduate of the Mickey Matthews School of Etiquette and Thugocracy.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Ivytalk wrote:
BDKJMU wrote: :jack:
That’s creative. But to be expected of a graduate of the Mickey Matthews School of Etiquette and Thugocracy.
About as creative as the 44,000 inbred cousins.. :roll:
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote:
Ivytalk wrote: That’s creative. But to be expected of a graduate of the Mickey Matthews School of Etiquette and Thugocracy.
About as creative as the 44,000 inbred cousins.. :roll:
How low was Ivy's estimate? ;)
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

UNI88 wrote:
BDKJMU wrote: About as creative as the 44,000 inbred cousins.. :roll:
How low was Ivy's estimate? ;)
:rofl: :rofl:

Low by two JSO standard regressions! :mrgreen:
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

Ivytalk wrote:
UNI88 wrote: How low was Ivy's estimate? ;)

Damn near spit my beer out on those two comments. :notworthy: :lol: :lol:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Ivytalk wrote:
UNI88 wrote: How low was Ivy's estimate? ;)

I was going to ask for an actual JSO ruling on your numbers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

93henfan wrote:Ya don’t think Trump being the President had anything to do with it?

:ditto: :ditto: :ditto: :agree:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

I'll also say - the Eagles missed a great opportunity to meet with the President and discuss criminal justice reform. It cuts both ways.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Gil Dobie wrote:
dbackjon wrote:

God bless my underwear, my only pair.
Stand beside them, and guide them,
Through the rips, through the holes, through the tears.
From the washer, to the dryer, to the clothesline in the air.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Ibanez wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:
Stand beside them, and guide them,
Through the rips, through the holes, through the tears.
From the washer, to the dryer, to the clothesline in the air.

:lol: :lol:
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

93henfan
Supporter
Supporter