2017 Little League World Series

All other sports including pro, high school and more!

Which team will win the US bracket?

Poll ended at Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:16 am

Connecticut
No votes
New Jersey
29%
North Carolina
No votes
Texas
No votes
Michigan
14%
South Dakota
No votes
Washington
No votes
California
57%

Total votes: 7

CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

2017 Little League World Series

Post by CAA Flagship »

Yeah, I'm gonna make a homer pick, but this team from New Jersey (Holbrook LL, Jackson Twp) is pretty damn good. This group of players won the NJ State Championship as 10 and 11 year olds, and dominated again this year as 12 year olds. Not easy with more than 300 LL systems in NJ.
Last edited by CAA Flagship on Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Re: 2017 Little League World Series

Post by GannonFan »

The PA team is pretty decent so today's PA/NJ game should be pretty good. The PA team has won the state the past few years at the younger age groups so they're used to winning as well. Homer pick here as well - I went to the wedding of a couple who's son now plays on the PA team. I'm taking the family up to Williamsport again this year (kids had a blast last year) so they would love to see the PA team up there.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

GannonFan wrote:The PA team is pretty decent so today's PA/NJ game should be pretty good. The PA team has won the state the past few years at the younger age groups so they're used to winning as well. Homer pick here as well - I went to the wedding of a couple who's son now plays on the PA team. I'm taking the family up to Williamsport again this year (kids had a blast last year) so they would love to see the PA team up there.
Yes. Winner of today's game is in the driver's seat for the MA Region. 1pm on ESPN3.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

CAA Flagship wrote:
GannonFan wrote:The PA team is pretty decent so today's PA/NJ game should be pretty good. The PA team has won the state the past few years at the younger age groups so they're used to winning as well. Homer pick here as well - I went to the wedding of a couple who's son now plays on the PA team. I'm taking the family up to Williamsport again this year (kids had a blast last year) so they would love to see the PA team up there.
Yes. Winner of today's game is in the driver's seat for the MA Region. 1pm on ESPN3.
Have it on now - NJ has a whole set of big kids at 5'7". The leftie who started the game for NJ was real good as well. NJ up 5-2 in the 4th - and just as I'm typing this PA hits a two out grand slam in the top of the 4th to take a 6-5 lead. Second pitcher for NJ is very hittable - had control issues and even got help by the ump on a 3-2 pitch that should've been ball 4 and instead rung the kid up. Competitive game, two good teams.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

GannonFan wrote:
CAA Flagship wrote: Yes. Winner of today's game is in the driver's seat for the MA Region. 1pm on ESPN3.
Have it on now - NJ has a whole set of big kids at 5'7". The leftie who started the game for NJ was real good as well. NJ up 5-2 in the 4th - and just as I'm typing this PA hits a two out grand slam in the top of the 4th to take a 6-5 lead. Second pitcher for NJ is very hittable - had control issues and even got help by the ump on a 3-2 pitch that should've been ball 4 and instead rung the kid up. Competitive game, two good teams.
:nod: That 3-2 pitch was way outside.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

NJ has had two weird and bad challenges, both turned down. NJ kid actually reached for first trying to beat out a grounder and was several inches short of the bag when his foot came down - first base coach was adamant to challenge it but on replay it was clear the foot never made the bag. And then they challenged the grand slam saying that the kid who hit the HR missed the plate in the celebration. Not sure they had enough view of it on replay to overturn it but the ump was watching pretty closely and the challenge was overturned.

The first kid who pitched for NJ was the best pitcher I've seen in any of the regionals - there's a dearth of really good pitching from most of these teams. Could be an Asia-Pacific year again.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

CAA Flagship wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
:nod: That 3-2 pitch was way outside.
Agreed - odd too, the ump has been pretty good to boot.

6-6 now, PA in their own trouble in the bottom of the inning.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Turns out the couple I know for PA the guy is the head coach for the PA team. I hadn't realized that. My wife worked with his wife but now they just follow each other on Facebook. Good wedding though.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

6-6 top of 5th - two inning game now.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

Gonna be interesting to see what NJ does with pitcher for the 6th inning.

Edit: I see someone warming up in bullpen
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

GannonFan wrote:Turns out the couple I know for PA the guy is the head coach for the PA team. I hadn't realized that. My wife worked with his wife but now they just follow each other on Facebook. Good wedding though.
Wait. Did I hear that his name is Gannon?
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

CAA Flagship wrote:
GannonFan wrote:Turns out the couple I know for PA the guy is the head coach for the PA team. I hadn't realized that. My wife worked with his wife but now they just follow each other on Facebook. Good wedding though.
Wait. Did I hear that his name is Gannon?
No, Cadden.

I missed the rest of the game from the bottom of the 5th - just watched the updates on gamechanger - saw bases got loaded with no outs and PA almost got out of it until NJ hit a grand slam with two outs.

NJ should have the edge anyway at this point - I imagine they can throw that leftie for a lot of pitches on Saturday and he looked very unhittable - wasn't fast per se, but great movement on the ball. Down and in to right handed hitters consistently.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

GannonFan wrote:
CAA Flagship wrote: Wait. Did I hear that his name is Gannon?
No, Cadden.

I missed the rest of the game from the bottom of the 5th - just watched the updates on gamechanger - saw bases got loaded with no outs and PA almost got out of it until NJ hit a grand slam with two outs.

NJ should have the edge anyway at this point - I imagine they can throw that leftie for a lot of pitches on Saturday and he looked very unhittable - wasn't fast per se, but great movement on the ball. Down and in to right handed hitters consistently.
Yeah, their pitchers will all be available.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

CAA Flagship wrote:Yeah, I'm gonna make a homer pick, but this team from New Jersey (Holbrook LL, Jackson Twp) is pretty damn good. This group of players won the NJ State Championship as 10 and 11 year olds, and dominated again this year as 12 year olds. Not easy with more than 300 LL systems in NJ.

Yeah, but they were 13, 14 and now 15 year olds doing it.
:thumb:
bandl
Towson
Towson

Post by bandl »

dbackjon wrote: Yeah, but they were 13, 14 and now 15 year olds doing it.
Weren't we all doing it at that age, dbj? (No homo for me)
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

dbackjon wrote:
CAA Flagship wrote:Yeah, I'm gonna make a homer pick, but this team from New Jersey (Holbrook LL, Jackson Twp) is pretty damn good. This group of players won the NJ State Championship as 10 and 11 year olds, and dominated again this year as 12 year olds. Not easy with more than 300 LL systems in NJ.

Yeah, but they were 13, 14 and now 15 year olds doing it.
:tothehand: Almonte was from a NY team.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

Missoula, Montanada still alive in the Northwest. They play WA today in semi-final. Winner takes on OR in Championship.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Wasn't sure for whom to root last night in the Thurmont, MD v Milton, DE game last night. Thurmont is basically where 89Henette goes to college and Milton is the home of Dogfish Head and Milton Sausage (our favorite beach staple, will be having some tomorrow morning). I was kind of rooting for Milton until that pitcher started crying like a pussy in the bottom of the 5th.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

89Hen wrote:Wasn't sure for whom to root last night in the Thurmont, MD v Milton, DE game last night. Thurmont is basically where 89Henette goes to college and Milton is the home of Dogfish Head and Milton Sausage (our favorite beach staple, will be having some tomorrow morning). I was kind of rooting for Milton until that pitcher started crying like a pussy in the bottom of the 5th.
No joke. There's nothing I can't stand more than players letting negative emotions affect their play. He needed to be pulled earlier. Saw a similar thing with the pitcher from Kearney, Nebraska. Big pussy can't take adversity.

My son had a kid on his team like that. If things didn't go well for him, he pouted and cried. I hated that kid.
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

CAA Flagship wrote:Missoula, Montanada still alive in the Northwest. They play WA today in semi-final. Winner takes on OR in Championship.
Patchouli vs Palouse.
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Grizalltheway »

CAA Flagship wrote:
89Hen wrote:Wasn't sure for whom to root last night in the Thurmont, MD v Milton, DE game last night. Thurmont is basically where 89Henette goes to college and Milton is the home of Dogfish Head and Milton Sausage (our favorite beach staple, will be having some tomorrow morning). I was kind of rooting for Milton until that pitcher started crying like a pussy in the bottom of the 5th.
No joke. There's nothing I can't stand more than players letting negative emotions affect their play. He needed to be pulled earlier. Saw a similar thing with the pitcher from Kearney, Nebraska. Big pussy can't take adversity.

My son had a kid on his team like that. If things didn't go well for him, he pouted and cried. I hated that kid.
You kick his ass?
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

Grizalltheway wrote:
CAA Flagship wrote: No joke. There's nothing I can't stand more than players letting negative emotions affect their play. He needed to be pulled earlier. Saw a similar thing with the pitcher from Kearney, Nebraska. Big pussy can't take adversity.

You kick his ass?
Came close several times. I could have taken him. He was smaller than me. :lol:
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

CAA Flagship wrote:
Grizalltheway wrote: You kick his ass?
Came close several times. I could have taken him. He was smaller than me. :lol:
Plus he was already crying - blurred vision would've impacted his reaction time. Just saying. :twocents:
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Grizalltheway »

Patchouli getting shellacked. 9-1 bottom 2nd. :ohno:
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

Maryland beats PA to meet NJ in MA final.
WA and OR to share joints in NW final.