Tebow Moves Up

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Tebow Moves Up

Post by SuperHornet »

The Mets have moved Tim Tebow up to the St. Lucie Mets, their Class A Advanced affiliate in the High-A Florida State League. There's some grumbling about that since he's hitting .222, but it may also be a sign of the way the season is going for the franchise as a whole, as there are ALSO rumors that he may be called up to the Big Mets before the season is out.

Any opinions?

https://sports.yahoo.com/tim-tebow-move ... Redirect=1

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: Tebow Moves Up

Post by Ibanez »

Charleston RiverDogs apologize after mercilessly trolling Tim Tebow
They played video on the jumbotron of Tebow crying on the sideline at the 2009 SEC Championship game.

The RiverDogs’ mascot, Charlie T. RiverDog, “Tebowed” on the field while wearing eye black inscribed with “John 3:16” — a reference to Tebow doing the same at the 2009 BCS Championship game.

And whenever one of Tebow’s Columbia teammates stepped to the plate, the big screen in right field would identify him as “Not Tim Tebow.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/ear ... 4ee1c65d2b
:lol: The crying video was maybe a bit too far, but c'mon. You have to expect it. Especially when you play against the team owned (in part) by Bill Murray and Mick Veeck. The RiverDogs have a reputation of crazy promotions as well as a party atmosphere. I remember them giving ARod hell when he was in town playing.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
bandl
Towson
Towson

Post by bandl »

That dumpster fire of a team team in Queens needs all the help they can get. Too bad for them he doesn't pitch. Although I wouldn't be surprised if they did try him as a pitcher. But then they'd probably figure out another random way for one of their pitchers to get injured.
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

He's being called up only because they are going to try to get people to show up to their games rather than calling him up because he's any goods.

Shows how much of a fucking joke that entire organization is.
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly
I am a fan of: Wiping.
A.K.A.: HE HATE ME

Post by andy7171 »

Remember when Manute Bol played hockey, same deal here.
"Elaine, you're from Baltimore, right?"
"Yes, well, Towson actually."
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

I don't know if this is the case here, but in the low minors, it is often commonplace for someone that is struggling to be "called up" just to have someone else in the organization see if they can fix a problem before letting them go.
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

CAA Flagship wrote:I don't know if this is the case here, but in the low minors, it is often commonplace for someone that is struggling to be "called up" just to have someone else in the organization see if they can fix a problem before letting them go.
He's been struggling since day 1 nearly a year ago. He's played 83 games between AZ Fall League and A ball this year. He's hitting .214, with a .311 OBP, .336 slugging. He has 3 home runes, 69 strike outs, 24 walks, and 59 total hits.

He's nothing more than a single a player. However, because it's Tim Tebow and the Mets know it' going to get people to talk about it and people like SuperHornet to #3 in whatever kind of underwear they wear they are going to do whatever it takes to keep moving him through the system no matter what. He could hit .0693 in AA and they'll move him up by August.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Ibanez wrote:Charleston RiverDogs apologize after mercilessly trolling Tim Tebow
They played video on the jumbotron of Tebow crying on the sideline at the 2009 SEC Championship game.

The RiverDogs’ mascot, Charlie T. RiverDog, “Tebowed” on the field while wearing eye black inscribed with “John 3:16” — a reference to Tebow doing the same at the 2009 BCS Championship game.

And whenever one of Tebow’s Columbia teammates stepped to the plate, the big screen in right field would identify him as “Not Tim Tebow.”
:lol: The crying video was maybe a bit too far, but c'mon. You have to expect it. Especially when you play against the team owned (in part) by Bill Murray and Mick Veeck. The RiverDogs have a reputation of crazy promotions as well as a party atmosphere. I remember them giving ARod hell when he was in town playing.
Most of the other stuff was just weak, but I like the changing every other player's name to "Not Tim Tebow" - now that's funny right there. :thumb:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

They sold all the Tebow gear and tickets they could at Low A, now have to milk it for all it's worth at the next stop
:thumb:
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

Ibanez wrote:Charleston RiverDogs apologize after mercilessly trolling Tim Tebow

Shouldn't he have just turned the other cheek?
:thumb:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Tebow in 1st at bat with Port St Lucie, hits a 2 run home run. Next at bat was a single. Finished 3-for-5, two RBIs and a walk.
http://nypost.com/2017/06/28/tim-tebow- ... promotion/
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

andy7171 wrote:Remember when Manute Bol played hockey, same deal here.
Remember when the CAA all sucked that one year and Towson looked good?
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

dbackjon wrote:

Shouldn't he have just turned the other cheek?
He should have. :coffee:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
SunCoastBlueHen
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Delaware

Post by SunCoastBlueHen »

BDKJMU wrote:Tebow in 1st at bat with Port St Lucie, hits a 2 run home run. Next at bat was a single. Finished 3-for-5, two RBIs and a walk.
With that dinger, Tebow passed Michael Jordan on the all time minor league home run list. :thumb:
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

SunCoastBlueHen wrote:
BDKJMU wrote:Tebow in 1st at bat with Port St Lucie, hits a 2 run home run. Next at bat was a single. Finished 3-for-5, two RBIs and a walk.
With that dinger, Tebow passed Michael Jordan on the all time minor league home run list. :thumb:
Finished with 8 homers, Jordan had 2 and batted .202.
Elway played A- ball, and 4 homers and batted .318.
Russell Wilson hit 5 homers and batted .229