2016 Wentzadelphia Eagles Thread

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Re: 2016 Wentzadelphia Eagles Thread

Post by 93henfan »

NFL schedulers did the Eagles no favors this year. Three weeks in a row they face rested teams coming off byes (MIN, @Dal, @NYG). They are currently in the middle of a five game stretch with four games on the road. Lastly, they have the toughest remaining schedule in the NFL: http://www.espn.com/blog/philadelphia-e ... ule-in-nfl

If the Eagles can make the playoffs this year, it would be a remarkable testament to Doug Pederson, Jim Schwartz, and Carson Wentz.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Good to see the Eagles defense resurface again after two questionable showings versus the Lions and the Skins. Plus, good to see that the Eagles are really developing a nice homefield advantage. Gotta, at the worst, split the next two games on the road against the cowboys and Giants - certainly attainable. And those upcoming home games against the Pack and the Falcons will have to be wins as well - can't lose to teams you're going to be fighting for playoff spots against when you have them at home. Eagles are a flawed team, but I'll take a flawed team and at 5-3 in two weeks.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Congrats to Vidav and SH and any other Cowgirl fans.

That fake punt was brilliant and completely changed the momentum of the game. The Eagles were the better team for three quarters but came away with a loss. I think the bye really helped the Girls with their energy in the 4th and OT. Ezekiel is a beast; very impressive to watch. If he can stay healthy with that style of running, he will serve the Girls well.

Wentz was clearly the better QB but that and $2.15 buys my grande Pike Place this morning. If the Eagles can get him some receivers who can actually catch in the offseason, watch out. Dak threw some real ducks out there and was very fortunate not to throw a second pick in the end zone, thanks to a very heads up offensive PI.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Eagles just coughed that one away. Gotta get just 3 points anywhere late in that game and you win. The 3rd down play where the Eagles were already in field goal position and then Wentz threw backwards to his checkdown and they lost 7 yards and the shot at the field goal was just brutal. Gotta learn how to close out games - lost the Lions game because of it and now lost this game. Eagles almost now have to sweep the rest of the NFC East games, starting with their last road game in the division next week in NJ. Losing any cushion they had losing games that where there for them to win.
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

GannonFan wrote:Eagles just coughed that one away. Gotta get just 3 points anywhere late in that game and you win. The 3rd down play where the Eagles were already in field goal position and then Wentz threw backwards to his checkdown and they lost 7 yards and the shot at the field goal was just brutal. Gotta learn how to close out games - lost the Lions game because of it and now lost this game. Eagles almost now have to sweep the rest of the NFC East games, starting with their last road game in the division next week in NJ. Losing any cushion they had losing games that where there for them to win.
Yup,
My only criticism of Doug P. is his persistent sideline passes for net 1 yard
They are HIGH RISK low reward attempts
add to that the league (Refs) are cracking down on receivers blocking
before the pass arrives more than 1 yard down field

Yet the Eagles throw 5 or 6 of those a game (weird really)
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

Wentz has the lowest average throw in the NFL this year at 6.83 yards and his average dept of a target yesterday was just 4.6 yards for an average of 4.2 net yards per attempt

In his last two games hes thrown for a total of 341 yards with 2 TD and 2 picks.

Haven't watch a ton of Philly games. Could be, in part, due to the short routes but it feels like the "Ginger Jesus" shine is smudging a bit.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Chizzang wrote:
GannonFan wrote:Eagles just coughed that one away. Gotta get just 3 points anywhere late in that game and you win. The 3rd down play where the Eagles were already in field goal position and then Wentz threw backwards to his checkdown and they lost 7 yards and the shot at the field goal was just brutal. Gotta learn how to close out games - lost the Lions game because of it and now lost this game. Eagles almost now have to sweep the rest of the NFC East games, starting with their last road game in the division next week in NJ. Losing any cushion they had losing games that where there for them to win.
Yup,

You must have missed all the 15+ yard passes where Wentz hits the receiver between the numbers and they drop it.
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

93henfan wrote:
Chizzang wrote:
Yup,

You must have missed all the 15+ yard passes where Wentz hits the receiver between the numbers and they drop it.
See my post before yours.

Average target was 4.6 yards down field.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

clenz wrote:
93henfan wrote:
See my post before yours.

Doesn't change my point one bit. You admitted you aren't watching much. If you had watched last night (or any games other than MIN) you'd have seen what I'm talking about. The receivers are dreadful.

Wentz has been better than expected and will only get better. The future is very bright so long as they assemble a team around him.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

93henfan wrote:
clenz wrote:See my post before yours.

Doesn't change my point one bit. You admitted you aren't watching much. If you had watched last night (or any games other than MIN) you'd have seen what I'm talking about. The receivers are dreadful.

Wentz has been better than expected and will only get better. The future is very bright so long as they assemble a team around him.
Agreed, there's just not a lot to throw to. That Wentz has been this good so far this year without a WR corps has been the amazing thing. Of his 9 incompletions last night, 6 were flat out drops, including that one to Agholor early that would've set up first and goal. And it's not limited to the offense, Eagles could've sewn up the game at the end if either of the two defenders would've picked the lame ducks that Prescott gave them - the one where the offensive pass interference saved him (could have been one of the worst decisions for a QB I've ever seen) and then the other that floated over near the sideline and the CB couldn't keep it from hitting underneath him. Gotta take advantage of the things being given to you and for most of the game Prescott was throwing up ducks. Not capitalizing on those chances killed the Eagles in the end.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Interesting, too, what the fate of Ezekiel Elliot will be. In the wake of the Josh Brown saga, and with Elliot's own domestic abuse issues hanging over his head, you wonder if the NFL will suspend him and for how long.
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

93henfan wrote:
Chizzang wrote:
Yup,

The drops are impossible to miss... certainly a below average group of receivers
They get open - yes they do
but can't catch
and Green-Beckham should be cut on Tuesday this week
(seriously awful) He's a waste of a valuable roster spot

Still,
My point:
Too many high risk sideline throws for a yard

:nod:
Vidav
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: The Russian

Post by Vidav »

One thing I find impressive from both of these QBs is their poise under pressure. For how young they are it is nice to see.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Iggles over Jints by 7. :twocents:
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Ivytalk wrote:Iggles over Jints by 7. :twocents:
This is the first must-win (not technically, but because I say so!) of the year for the Eagles if they hope to be a playoff team. They should win this one, but that doesn't mean they will.

Don't want to go 0'fer the first time through the division. Need the W.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

93henfan wrote:
Ivytalk wrote:Iggles over Jints by 7. :twocents:
This is the first must-win (not technically, but because I say so!) of the year for the Eagles if they hope to be a playoff team. They should win this one, but that doesn't mean they will.

:+1:
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Ivytalk wrote:
93henfan wrote:

I don't see a +2 emoji or I'd be using it. Definitely a must win game here.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

GannonFan wrote:
Ivytalk wrote:
Winner stays in front of the Redskins. Loser drops behind the Redskins. A lot at stake. :nod:
Vidav
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: The Russian

Post by Vidav »

CAA Flagship wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
Winner stays in front of the Redskins. Loser drops behind the Redskins. A lot at stake. :nod:
Both of these teams are looking pretty bad today. :coffee:
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

Another subpar performance by Wentz. Two early picks, no TDs, couldn't make the big play when needed. No playoffs this year. And Doug Pederson's game day play calls are questionable.
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

Ivytalk wrote:Another subpar performance by Wentz. Two early picks, no TDs, couldn't make the big play when needed. No playoffs this year. And Doug Pederson's game day play calls are questionable.
Pedersons play calling is all over the map...
He hurt his team this week more than anybody playing on either side of the ball

:ohno:
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Agreed, Pederson is killing this team right now. I know it's his first gig as a head coach but you can't have the head coach hurt you that badly on the field. Sure the Eagles need to fill more than just a few holes, but you can cover over those flaws with a quality head coach and in the last few weeks, that hasn't been Pederson. He needs to step it up.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Ivytalk wrote:Another subpar performance by Wentz. Two early picks, no TDs, couldn't make the big play when needed. No playoffs this year. And Doug Pederson's game day play calls are questionable.
Pederson looks more like a rookie than Wentz.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Playing devil's advocate, how do you coach a WR to get open and catch the football?

They are KILLING this team right now. Just a dreadful group. Agholor should be released today.

This group is even worse than the dreck McNabb had to deal with 99-03. Hell, I might even take FredEx and Reno Mahe over these chumps.

There were several plays in the second half where Wentz had enough time to smoke a cigarette in the pocket and no receiver could get open. Downfield replays confirmed it.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

93henfan wrote:Playing devil's advocate, how do you coach a WR to get open and catch the football?

They are KILLING this team right now. Just a dreadful group. Agholor should be released today.

This group is even worse than the dreck McNabb had to deal with 99-03. Hell, I might even take FredEx and Reno Mahe over these chumps.
Take the points when you get them. Can't go for it on 4th down all the time and you have to come up with something better than what he did on those 4th down calls. And yes, Howie needs to get better WR's in here, soon.