Rare Happenings in Sports

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: Rare Happenings in Sports

Post by kalm »

andy7171 wrote:
kalm wrote:
Made double eagle one time. I was in college and a buddy and I teed it up at 6:00 am with a couple of retired wheat farmers. They made me buy after the round. It was one of my first am ale encounters.

My only hole in one happened when I was giving a 9 hole playing lesson which was pretty cool. A little knock down 7 iron from 160 that never left the flag, and one-hopped in. The student had also just holed out for eagle from around 60 yards on a par 5 just two holes before.
What in the hell does being a wheat farmer have to do with this story?
It's called character development, Andrew. Jeesh! :tothehand:
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly
I am a fan of: Wiping.
A.K.A.: HE HATE ME

Post by andy7171 »

kalm wrote:
andy7171 wrote: What in the hell does being a wheat farmer have to do with this story?
It's called character development, Andrew. Jeesh! :tothehand:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eWsFFQP0gA[/youtube]
"Elaine, you're from Baltimore, right?"
"Yes, well, Towson actually."
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

Detroit Tigers fan catches 5 foul balls in 8 innings :notworthy: :notworthy:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/detroit-tige ... 10444.html
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

CAA Flagship wrote:Detroit Tigers fan catches 5 foul balls in 8 innings :notworthy: :notworthy:

I saw the picture and I was going to insult the guy, but he gave all five balls to nearby kids, so that's fucking cool. :notworthy:
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

93henfan wrote:
CAA Flagship wrote:Detroit Tigers fan catches 5 foul balls in 8 innings :notworthy: :notworthy:

I saw the picture and I was going to insult the guy, but he gave all five balls to nearby kids, so that's fucking cool. :notworthy:
He was sitting in a handicap seat. Isn't it enough that they get the best parking spots? Do they have to get foul ball seats too? :evil:
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

CAA Flagship wrote:
93henfan wrote:
He was sitting in a handicap seat. Isn't it enough that they get the best parking spots? Do they have to get foul ball seats too? :evil:
HE GAVE THE BALLS TO KIDS, ASSHOLE!!!

:lol:
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

CAA Flagship wrote:
93henfan wrote:
Good one, George.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

93henfan wrote:
CAA Flagship wrote: He was sitting in a handicap seat. Isn't it enough that they get the best parking spots? Do they have to get foul ball seats too? :evil:
HE GAVE THE BALLS TO KIDS, ASSHOLE!!!

:lol:
I know. I'm talking about the location of the handicap seats. They are obviously the best foul ball seats. HC'ers drive up and park right next to the stadium. They take a shit in the biggest stalls in the bathroom. And they also get a high percentage of foul balls. What's next? Do we have to build sidewalk ramps for them too?
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

Grizalltheway wrote:
CAA Flagship wrote: He was sitting in a handicap seat. Isn't it enough that they get the best parking spots? Do they have to get foul ball seats too? :evil:
Good one, George.
:rofl: I'm making a donation in your name to the Human Fund. :thumb:
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

Washington Nationals pitcher Max Scherzer tied the MLB record of 20 strikeouts in a nine-inning game Wednesday night.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

Over the weekend, Old Dominion men's basketball team was down 21-0 to Western Kentucky to start the game and came back to win 69-66.

Last fall, Old Dominion football team was down 28-0 to North Texas and came back to win 34-31.

:loko: :loko:
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

I guess the Bears completing a pass that had to be deemed incomplete by rule qualifies as a rare happening.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Nick Foles is the only QB in NFL history to start five or less regular season games and win a playoff game in consecutive seasons.

He's also the only NFL QB with both 7 TD passes in a game and 25 consecutive completions in a game.
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

93henfan wrote:Nick Foles is the only QB in NFL history to start five or less regular season games and win a playoff game in consecutive seasons.

He's also the only NFL QB with both 7 TD passes in a game and 25 consecutive completions in a game.
Foles is a STAT machine.!!!

:nod:
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
Vidav
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: The Russian

Post by Vidav »

93henfan wrote:Nick Foles is the only QB in NFL history to start five or less regular season games and win a playoff game in consecutive seasons.

#tradewentz
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Vidav wrote:

#tradewentz
Nope. Nick is gone after this season. He deserves a starter's contract.

Wentz is still the best QB in the NFC East by a mile. Just have to hope another ACL+MCL tear or broken back doesn't happen again next season.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

93henfan wrote:
Vidav wrote:
#tradewentz

Wentz is still the best QB in the NFC East by a mile. Just have to hope another ACL+MCL tear or broken back doesn't happen again next season.
After what I saw of Wentz before he hit the IR, I'll take Pastor Nick over Wentz any day of the week. Heck, I'll take Jaworski over Wentz, too. He STILL scares me....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

SuperHornet wrote:
93henfan wrote:

After what I saw of Wentz before he hit the IR, I'll take Pastor Nick over Wentz any day of the week. Heck, I'll take Jaworski over Wentz, too. He STILL scares me....
You do realize there is a salary cap in the NFL, no? And that Foles is a $20M hit next year? And that no backup quarterback, beside Joe Flacco, makes $20M?
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

93henfan wrote:
SuperHornet wrote:
You do realize there is a salary cap in the NFL, no? And that Foles is a $20M hit next year? And that no backup quarterback, beside Joe Flacco, makes $20M?
First, there's something to be said for having an experienced backup. You've seen what has happened to teams that have lost their starters without a decent backup (Buffalo, Green Bay multiple times, etc.) Remember Billy Joe Hobert? Idiot thought he had a sinecure backing up Jim Kelly, who "never" got hurt, so he didn't even bother studying the game plan. Lo and behold, Kelly got hurt, Hobert lost the game, and immediately got fired.

Second, there have been decent career backups (Bratkowski, Morrall, Strock). I'm not sure Pastor Nick will fit that mold, but he could make a decent living doing it, and he already has the next career planned, as he's attending Liberty right now, going for his master's degree.

Third, I think that Pastor Nick has earned the Iggles' starting job on merit. If that means trading Wentz, fine. But they better make sure they have a decent backup....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Eagles can't afford both Wentz and Foles now that Wentz will be getting to his next contract and now that Foles will deserve something close to a starting QB salary. Eagles will need to decide which one to keep (it isn't that far-fetched to trade Wentz - he's hurt a lot and he would have far greater trade value than Foles - I wouldn't do it, but it's not crazy - imagine trading Wentz to the Giants for Saquon and their #1 pick this year) and then will have to hope that Sudfeld, the third string QB for a few years now, is capable of being the backup.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: RE: Re: Rare Happenings in Sports

Post by UNI88 »

GannonFan wrote:Eagles can't afford both Wentz and Foles now that Wentz will be getting to his next contract and now that Foles will deserve something close to a starting QB salary. Eagles will need to decide which one to keep (it isn't that far-fetched to trade Wentz - he's hurt a lot and he would have far greater trade value than Foles - I wouldn't do it, but it's not crazy - imagine trading Wentz to the Giants for Saquon and their #1 pick this year) and then will have to hope that Sudfeld, the third string QB for a few years now, is capable of being the backup.
Teams with the starter on a rookie contract (ie Ravens) can better afford an expensive backup.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Re: RE: Re: Rare Happenings in Sports

Post by GannonFan »

UNI88 wrote:
GannonFan wrote:Eagles can't afford both Wentz and Foles now that Wentz will be getting to his next contract and now that Foles will deserve something close to a starting QB salary. Eagles will need to decide which one to keep (it isn't that far-fetched to trade Wentz - he's hurt a lot and he would have far greater trade value than Foles - I wouldn't do it, but it's not crazy - imagine trading Wentz to the Giants for Saquon and their #1 pick this year) and then will have to hope that Sudfeld, the third string QB for a few years now, is capable of being the backup.
Teams with the starter on a rookie contract (ie Ravens) can better afford an expensive backup.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Yup, and the Eagles have done that with Foles while Wentz finishes his rookie deal. Once Wentz gets real money, you have to pick. Ravens might be in a different situation - at least the Eagles could run the same offense, basically, with either Foles or Wentz. Ravens will need to find a backup who can run the triple option they are using with Lamar Jackson right now. I've always said the main reason Kappernick never got signed (besides no longer wanting to play football) was that he was a backup that works well in a system that no one in the NFL runs. He could be a backup for the Ravens now, though. Bet he doesn't even have his agent make that call, though - better money (and health) in the protest business.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation