Tough times for Philly pro sports teams

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
bonarae
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Harvard, ETSU, St. Thomas

Tough times for Philly pro sports teams

Post by bonarae »

Top two wishes of Ivy football fans everywhere: Playoff participation by the Ivy champion and the diversification of opponents in scheduling games.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Tough times for Philly pro sports teams

Post by 93henfan »

Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
bluehenbillk
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: elaware

Post by bluehenbillk »

Yep, we suck.
Make Delaware Football Great Again
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

:ohno: The worst part is how many people will take joy in that.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Eh, the Eagles are hiring a new coach and could easily be in the playoffs next year, the Sixers are going to be coming out of the tanking mode after this year and, considering the weakness of the NBA still in the East and they could start making some noise. And the Phillies can't be as bad as they have been. I think we're already on the other side of rock bottom, and frankly, there have been much worse times than this for Philly teams.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

89Hen wrote::ohno: The worst part is how many people will take joy in that.
You reap what you sow. :coffee:
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

GannonFan wrote:the Phillies can't be as bad as they have been. I think we're already on the other side of rock bottom
Might have one more year to hit actual bottom.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Grizalltheway wrote:
89Hen wrote::ohno: The worst part is how many people will take joy in that.
I probably should have said the funny part as there's not a single Philly fan that cares what other fanbases think of them. They actually relish the hate.
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

89Hen wrote:
Grizalltheway wrote:
I probably should have said the funny part as there's not a single Philly fan that cares what other fanbases think of them. They actually relish the hate.
as a Patriots fan
and a Seahawks fan
I completely understand this

:nod:

My girlfriend is a HUGE Steelers fan (which is awesome) and I really like the Jags and the Raiders
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Chizzang wrote:
89Hen wrote: I probably should have said the funny part as there's not a single Philly fan that cares what other fanbases think of them. They actually relish the hate.
as a Patriots fan
and a Seahawks fan

My girlfriend is a HUGE Steelers fan (which is awesome) and I really like the Jags and the Raiders
Try being from the weak Big Fluffy, having red turf, a high school stadium, and getting a good call in the chipper. You don't know what hate is.... :)
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

kalm wrote:
Chizzang wrote:
as a Patriots fan
and a Seahawks fan

Try being from the weak Big Fluffy, having red turf, a high school stadium, and getting a good call in the chipper. You don't know what hate is.... :)
:rofl:

:ohno: I hate that f*cking stadium turf with all my heart
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

Chizzang wrote:
89Hen wrote: I probably should have said the funny part as there's not a single Philly fan that cares what other fanbases think of them. They actually relish the hate.
as a Patriots fan
and a Seahawks fan

Pick one team, you namby pamby little queef. :tothehand:

:mrgreen:
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

Grizalltheway wrote:
Chizzang wrote:
as a Patriots fan
and a Seahawks fan

Pick one team, you namby pamby little queef. :tothehand:

:mrgreen:
The Raiders future is bright and I'm very excited about that..!!!
and the Jags might be .500 next year

Things are looking UP UP UP my friend
tribe_pride
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: W&M

Post by tribe_pride »

GannonFan wrote:the Sixers are going to be coming out of the tanking mode after this year and, considering the weakness of the NBA still in the East and they could start making some noise.
What makes you have this confidence that they could make noise when they are 4-33 this year? This is by far their worst year win percentage wise. And wait until the Lakers magically win the draft lottery.

Also, 8th seed as of now in the East is 19-16 (same record as 9th place) while in the West it is 15-18. The Wizards who are 12th in the East would be the 8th seed as of now in the West. Top of the West is much better though.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

Chizzang wrote:
as a Patriots fan
and a Seahawks fan
and a Warriors fan
and a Royals fan
and an Alabama/Ohio State fan
and a Blackhawks fan

FTFY
:thumb:
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

dbackjon wrote:
Chizzang wrote:
as a Patriots fan
and a Seahawks fan
and a Warriors fan
and a Royals fan
and an Alabama/Ohio State fan
and a Blackhawks fan

FTFY
Okay McDouche I like the Mariners and the Red Sox
I really do not like Alabama and I hate Ohio State with a passion
The Warriors..? what is that - I do not know what that is..
and why would I be a fan of a military chopper

Its not like I'm a complete turncoat
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

I do forget that it's different growing up or living in an area that doesn't have a four sport city that's really their own. There was no choice on who to root for growing up 23 miles from the Vet and Spectrum. Was reading an article on the Rams owner who is basically hanging himself with St Louis fans. He said St Louis is a two sport town and that was one of the main reasons the Rams need to be the team chosen for LA. I hope to God they give it to the Raiders and/or Chargers now. :lol:
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

89Hen wrote:I do forget that it's different growing up or living in an area that doesn't have a four sport city that's really their own. There was no choice on who to root for growing up 23 miles from the Vet and Spectrum. Was reading an article on the Rams owner who is basically hanging himself with St Louis fans. He said St Louis is a two sport town and that was one of the main reasons the Rams need to be the team chosen for LA. I hope to God they give it to the Raiders and/or Chargers now. :lol:
Nah, screw St. Louis - Rams never should've moved there anyway, should've stayed in LA. It was never a great football town anyway, although if I had to grow up with the Cardinals of that era I probably wouldn't have followed them much either.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

tribe_pride wrote:
GannonFan wrote:the Sixers are going to be coming out of the tanking mode after this year and, considering the weakness of the NBA still in the East and they could start making some noise.
What makes you have this confidence that they could make noise when they are 4-33 this year? This is by far their worst year win percentage wise. And wait until the Lakers magically win the draft lottery.

Also, 8th seed as of now in the East is 19-16 (same record as 9th place) while in the West it is 15-18. The Wizards who are 12th in the East would be the 8th seed as of now in the West. Top of the West is much better though.
You can already see the change happening. The fact that you have 2 of the past 3 years top picks actually playing on the floor is a welcome change, even if Embiid never plays. The bringing in of Colangelo to sit next to Hinkie is sign that the Sixers are telling the rest of the league that the tanking is almost over. Next year they play to win games regardless of what it does to their draft stock. That means the Sixers can be serious about actually signing free agents starting next year. Regardless of what happens to the Lakers, the Sixers will have, likely, a top 2 pick in the draft that is deeper than 2 players, and will have two more first round draft picks (so that's 3 first rounders this year). There's already some encouragement at the point with McConnell and Ish Smith stepping up, the latter showing that Colangelo knows what he's doing. I'm not saying they make the playoffs next year, but it's not out of the question either. Once Saric gets here from Europe two years from now, the Sixers should be a legit playoff team in the 2017-18 season and contending in the conference if not that year, then the year after that. This is going to turn good rather quickly for the Sixers so feel free to jump aboard the bandwagon.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

89Hen wrote:I do forget that it's different growing up or living in an area that doesn't have a four sport city that's really their own. There was no choice on who to root for growing up 23 miles from the Vet and Spectrum. Was reading an article on the Rams owner who is basically hanging himself with St Louis fans. He said St Louis is a two sport town and that was one of the main reasons the Rams need to be the team chosen for LA. I hope to God they give it to the Raiders and/or Chargers now. :lol:
Yeah, this guy is definitely hanging himself. His hiring decisions have failed and he wants to blame it on the fans. :ohno: :ohno: :ohno:
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

GannonFan wrote:
tribe_pride wrote:

You can already see the change happening. The fact that you have 2 of the past 3 years top picks actually playing on the floor is a welcome change, even if Embiid never plays. The bringing in of Colangelo to sit next to Hinkie is sign that the Sixers are telling the rest of the league that the tanking is almost over. Next year they play to win games regardless of what it does to their draft stock. That means the Sixers can be serious about actually signing free agents starting next year. Regardless of what happens to the Lakers, the Sixers will have, likely, a top 2 pick in the draft that is deeper than 2 players, and will have two more first round draft picks (so that's 3 first rounders this year). There's already some encouragement at the point with McConnell and Ish Smith stepping up, the latter showing that Colangelo knows what he's doing. I'm not saying they make the playoffs next year, but it's not out of the question either. Once Saric gets here from Europe two years from now, the Sixers should be a legit playoff team in the 2017-18 season and contending in the conference if not that year, then the year after that. This is going to turn good rather quickly for the Sixers so feel free to jump aboard the bandwagon.
Time to call your doctor and refill that prescription. You're delusional.

Heck! 8-)
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

This thread proves that news of Philly suckage has reached the Philippines.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
Seahawks08
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Villanova

Post by Seahawks08 »

89Hen wrote:
GannonFan wrote:the Phillies can't be as bad as they have been. I think we're already on the other side of rock bottom
Might have one more year to hit actual bottom.
Phils had one of the best records after the All Star Break last year, so I agree with Gannon on this one. And they did it without the top prospect in the minors who will most likely be called up midseason. :thumb:
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Seahawks08 wrote:
89Hen wrote: Might have one more year to hit actual bottom.
Phils had one of the best records after the All Star Break last year, so I agree with Gannon on this one. And they did it without the top prospect in the minors who will most likely be called up midseason. :thumb:
:suspicious: Maybe immediately following the AS break and remember that Hamels (1-0 in two starts, Phils won both games) and Papelbon (3 saves and 1 win) were both still on the team. They were 34-53 after the break, so yeah.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Ivytalk wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
Time to call your doctor and refill that prescription. You're delusional.

Heck! 8-)
It's coming, man, I'm just letting you know ahead of time that the Sixers are going to be pretty good in just a handful of years. Believe in the plan, believe in the plan.