2014 NFC West Thread

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
Screamin_Eagle174
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Peaches
A.K.A.: SE174

2014 NFC West Thread

Post by Screamin_Eagle174 »

Post your predictions and discussions here.

1. Seahawks 12-4 (4-2)
2. 49ers 11-5 (4-2)
3. Cardinals 10-6 (3-3)
4. Rams 8-8 (1-5)
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Re: 2014 NFC West Thread

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

The first preseason game is always the key factor in predicting the season…

The Cardinals are clearly unstoppable. :coffee:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Will the Seahawks be the first team in a long while to not shit the bed the season following a SB win?
uofmman1122
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Japanese girls
A.K.A.: Randy Butternubs

Post by uofmman1122 »

1. 49ers 14-2 (5-1)
2. Seahawks 12-4 (4-2)
3. Cardinals 10-6 (3-3)
4. Rams 7-9 (0-6)

Rams defense improves, but I don't believe in Bradford at all. They need a new QB, but if they get one, it could make the West insane.

Cardinals are in the same boat. I think Palmer is a better QB than Bradford, but I just don't think they're good enough to knock off either Seattle or San Francisco.

I should preface the last two by saying that I can see either team winning at 14-2, and my choice of the 9ers is a slight homer vote, but I think they take a big step forward passing, and the secondary will surprise. They could slip in the early season, though, with Aldon and Navarro out, but I think they have better depth than any team in football right now. (Shots fired, Seattle :coffee: )
Seahawks08
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Villanova

Post by Seahawks08 »

SDHornet wrote:Will the Seahawks be the first team in a long while to not **** the bed the season following a SB win?

Does a long while mean 2011 when the Packers went 15-1 after their superbowl win? You may mean winning a superbowl but I wouldn't consider going 15-1 shitting the bed.

1. Hawks 12-4
2. 49ers 10-6
3. Cards 8-8
4 Rams 8-8

I think playing the AFC West will prove more challenging than the AFC South last year. Therefore, everyone's record will take a hit except for the rams who I think will improve this year (as long as Bradford isn't injured again). The main problem for the Hawks achieving 12-4 will be the week 4 bye as the team may get tired down the stretch and lose some games they shouldn't.

49ers have some major injuries and suspensions already as stated above. But the most important piece may be OL Alex Boone who is still holding out. Also, their 2nd string RB Hunter is out for the season and Gore is 31 years old. I see their running game being a problem this year.

I don't think the Cards D will be as good as last year since they lost LB Dansby in FA and LB Daryl Washington to suspension for the year. Meanwhile, the Cards O may surprise some as long as the line improves. WR Floyd is nasty and I think RB Ellington has potential to be an above average RB.

The Rams front 7 is sick but questions still remain on the outside. One thing's for sure, you don't want to be 3rd and long much with Long and Quinn coming for you. The problem I have with the rams is their passing offense. It remains to be seen if WR Tavon Austin can become a true #1 and I simply don't trust their Oline to protect Bradford from injury. But if Bradford is in there for the majority of the season, 8-8 is doable and maybe even lead them to 9-7 or 10-6.

:twocents:
uofmman1122
Level2
Level2

Post by uofmman1122 »

Carlos Hyde will be a better #2 back than Hunter. :twocents:
Screamin_Eagle174
Supporter
Supporter

uofmman1122 wrote:Carlos Hyde will be a better #2 back than Hunter. :twocents:
I agree with that. I think SF's offense and defense from last year are going to flip-flop. Offense looks great on paper (Kaep still has to progress beyond one read and chuck it or run it), but the defense has lost a lot of depth and has a lot of question marks.
Screamin_Eagle174
Supporter
Supporter

Screamin_Eagle174 wrote:Post your predictions and discussions here.

1. Seahawks 12-4 (4-2)
2. 49ers 11-5 (4-2)
3. Cardinals 10-6 (3-3)
4. Rams 8-8 (1-5)
You can pretty much switch the Rams and Cards after Darnell Dockett going down today with an ACL. That's a big blow to the Cards D. :ohno:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... witter_atl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Seahawks08 wrote:
SDHornet wrote:Will the Seahawks be the first team in a long while to not **** the bed the season following a SB win?

Does a long while mean 2011 when the Packers went 15-1 after their superbowl win? You may mean winning a superbowl but I wouldn't consider going 15-1 shitting the bed.
Yes, back to 2011 is a long while in NFL talk. And I think the 9ers shit the bed this season. :twocents:

And the Chargers are going to run through the NFC West like Mexican tap water through a gringo tourist. :coffee:
Screamin_Eagle174
Supporter
Supporter

SDHornet wrote:
Seahawks08 wrote:

Yes, back to 2011 is a long while in NFL talk. And I think the 9ers shit the bed this season. :twocents:

And the Chargers are going to run through the NFC West like Mexican tap water through a gringo tourist. :coffee:
:rofl:

Rivers and crew are going to be destroyed by both SEA and STL's D.
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

O/U on snaps Percy plays this year...

I'll set it at 74.5
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

Chargers? Seriously? :lol:
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Hey you WC guys... what is it like having your NFL games on at 10am and 1pm? Do you love it or hate it? Was talking to a buddy of mine about this last night and he was complaning about the 8pm start for the Skins on Monday. Go to a MNF game here and you're not home until Tuesday (no exaggeration). While I could do away with the night games here, I'm not sure I'd like 10am games.
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Grizalltheway »

11 is fine with me. Good excuse to start drinking when most people are still in church. 8-)
Screamin_Eagle174
Supporter
Supporter

clenz wrote:O/U on snaps Percy plays this year...

I'll set it at 74.5
O/U on Vikings wins this year...

I'll set it at 5.5
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Grizalltheway wrote:Chargers? Seriously? :lol:
:nod:
:coffee:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

89Hen wrote:Hey you WC guys... what is it like having your NFL games on at 10am and 1pm? Do you love it or hate it? Was talking to a buddy of mine about this last night and he was complaning about the 8pm start for the Skins on Monday. Go to a MNF game here and you're not home until Tuesday (no exaggeration). While I could do away with the night games here, I'm not sure I'd like 10am games.
Freakin' awesome. Football is on from 10 AM til 8 pm with the Sunday night game. Only thing that tops it is watching games at 8am while drinking booze out of a pineapple near a beach on Waikiki. :nod:
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

Screamin_Eagle174 wrote:
clenz wrote:O/U on snaps Percy plays this year...

I'll set it at 74.5

I'll set it at 5.5
Over.

More likely to hit the over? Minnesota

More likely to blow 13.4 million dollars in cap hit space on a guy who has proven time and time again he can't stay on the field? Seattle

Been over this hundreds of times before...he is worth about 1/8th of what Seattle is paying him.

It's not like his body, at 26, is going to miraculously get better at this point in his career.

Under contract until 30 with a dead cap hit of over 5 million dollars until his last season in Seattle...where it's only 2.5mil

Oh...and T Jax and Sydney Rice have had stellar careers as well. Sad to see them go...

What's funny is as bad as the Vikings are - they'd be worse with the players that Seattle has tied about 80-100 million up in.
Seahawks08
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Villanova

Post by Seahawks08 »

clenz wrote:
Screamin_Eagle174 wrote:

I'll set it at 5.5
Over.

More likely to blow 13.4 million dollars in cap hit space on a guy who has proven time and time again he can't stay on the field? Seattle

Been over this hundreds of times before...he is worth about 1/8th of what Seattle is paying him.

It's not like his body, at 26, is going to miraculously get better at this point in his career.

Under contract until 30 with a dead cap hit of over 5 million dollars until his last season in Seattle...where it's only 2.5mil

Oh...and T Jax and Sydney Rice have had stellar careers as well. Sad to see them go...

What's funny is as bad as the Vikings are - they'd be worse with the players that Seattle has tied about 80-100 million up in.
Here have one of these:

Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Grizalltheway »

clenz wrote:
Screamin_Eagle174 wrote:

I'll set it at 5.5
Over.

Look, I'm not a Seahawks fan, but the bottom line is, they're Super Bowl champions. Regardless of how much money they may or may not have wasted on Harvin, they won the ultimate prize in football. When's the last time the Vikings did that?
Screamin_Eagle174
Supporter
Supporter

clenz wrote:
Screamin_Eagle174 wrote:

I'll set it at 5.5
Over.

You're quickly approaching SH levels of delusion and butthurt.

Harvin will surpass 75 snaps by the end of week 3 vs. Denver. Vikings won't reach 6 wins until week 16 against the Dolphins, if at all.

Rice is being paid $0 this season, and TJack is being paid the Vet minimum.

Seek help.
uofmman1122
Level2
Level2

Post by uofmman1122 »

9 games.

Wow.
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Grizalltheway »

Screamin_Eagle174
Supporter
Supporter

uofmman1122 wrote:9 games.

Wow.
And now Ray McDonald for who knows how many games for beating on his fiancee. 49ers sure are a respectable bunch. :ohno:
uofmman1122
Level2
Level2

Post by uofmman1122 »

I was wondering when you'd show up. :finger:

Is it too late to change my predictions?