US SOCCER

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Re: US SOCCER

Post by GannonFan »

89Hen wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
Stop it, you're being like BDK, you didn't see the Trinidad loss coming either, or you would've just would've quoted that post. No one, even you, said they were in a death spiral. Down or level to where they were, sure, you argued that, but losing to Trinidad the way they did, with so much on the line, is a whole different animal. It'll be interesting what happens when they dump Arena and when Gulati either resigns or loses re-election next year. Eric Wynalda said he's even considering running himself. Interesting times indeed, and now no silly thing like World Cup prep to get in the way of it.

Like I said, the shame of it is that Pulisic's first World Cup won't be until 2022 now when he's 24 years old. He should've gotten his feet wet in this World Cup so that he's ready for the scene then. Just a waste of an opportunity.
I was spot on this entire thread and you should have quit after your apology.
Still waiting for the post where you called the loss last night. You could probably make one up like you did with my apology. Kudos for creative writing, regardless of the validity of it.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

89Hen wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
I never enjoy watching rugby - maybe it's too close to football. I see it, and then I find myself wishing I was watching football instead. It's like the feeling I get when I watch Arena football - it's good for a couple of minutes, and then I wish I was watching the real thing.
Yeah, I much prefer Aussie Rules to rugby. To me it's like watching 1920's American football, or 1970's Blue Hens.
I agree - Aussie Rules is fantastic to watch. It's not like it was in the heyday when ESPN was carrying it in the 80's because they needed programming, and I miss the officials wearing the white jackets and hats, but it's still enjoyable to watch, and definitely better than rugby.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

GannonFan wrote:
89Hen wrote: I was spot on this entire thread and you should have quit after your apology.
Still waiting for the post where you called the loss last night. You could probably make one up like you did with my apology. Kudos for creative writing, regardless of the validity of it.
I didn't need to post a prediction for this one game. What this game did was validate my stance for this thread. As did the 0-4 loss to Costa Rica that started the current dilemma of missing the WC.

I'm not often right about big picture things like this, but I absolutely nailed this one for months and months. If you won't admit it, that's on you. :coffee:
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

89Hen wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
I didn't need to post a prediction for this one game.
Neither did BDK. At least you're being slightly less obnoxious about it. :lol:
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

I don't think anyone was predicting a loss to Trinidad & Tobago, but there were people saying our qualification was far from assured.
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

93henfan wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
I'm sorry, I must have missed your post calling in advance the monumental upset last night. Can you resend the link where you called that? Thanks, asking for friend. :thumb:
BDK lives to armchair QB (as well as try to scoop everyone on everything; hey, everybody has to get their jollies somehow), but I’m sure you already knew that by now.
:jack:
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
GrizFanStuckInUtah
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by GrizFanStuckInUtah »

Grizalltheway wrote:
GrizFanStuckInUtah wrote:All I have to say about soccer is.....

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :ohno:
How enlightening.
-Go Griz!
-Class of '97
-Thank you to all our Veterans. :bow:
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

GannonFan wrote:
CID1990 wrote:I wish we’d concentrate on rugby and forget about soccer

We have the skill sets for rugby already.... plus the way the game is played it would cut down on the catastrophic injuries... and we’d still have our gladiators

Frankly it’s embarrassing at rugby World Cup time for us... our elevens stink. But our sevens are pretty good... we can use our speed more. I’m going to the Hong Kong sevens this spring.... it is a huge drink fest
I never enjoy watching rugby - maybe it's too close to football. I see it, and then I find myself wishing I was watching football instead. It's like the feeling I get when I watch Arena football - it's good for a couple of minutes, and then I wish I was watching the real thing.
I felt the same way until I got to the point where I fully understood the rules and what was happening on the field. Now I'm down at the pub with the Brits and Kiwis and Australians whenever there's a big game on. These days I can probably name more New Zealand players than I can NFL players

Living in Asian and European time zones over the last few years I get a lot of rugby (and Aussie rules) on TV and it has gotten to the point where given a choice between watching the All Blacks or any NFL team I'll choose the rugby match.

Speaking of Aussie rules, when I was living in Vietnam a Kiwi friend of mine explained to me how it was invented... the Australians play cricket but that sport has a fixed season worldwide, like baseball. The Australians had all these cricket fields going unused out of season, so they literally invented Aussie rules football to utilize the round cricket fields in the offseason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Grizalltheway »

GrizFanStuckInUtah wrote:
Grizalltheway wrote: How enlightening.
:lol: :lol: :thumb:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

SDHornet wrote:
bluehenbillk wrote:Wasn't Bruce Arena fired from this job years ago? And now the answer is to bring him back?
Nailed it. :lol:
Bumpity bump bump. :lol:

Did anyone seriously think the USMNT would improve under his watch? :rofl:

This epic failure should set soccer back a decade or so. The proven talent will be too old for 2022, and the young players will be on the backside of their career. Basically the next hope will be in whatever 16 and under players develop in time for the next WC. Good luck with that.

Good news is maybe some serious house is cleaned and there will be new direction from top to bottom in this laughable organization.

See you guys in the soccer thread for 2022 WC qualifications. :lol:
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

Chastain and Crew would have WON World Cup this year....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

Wait..............the USA has a soccer team?

I wonder when the next Walker Texas Ranger marathon is? That is cant miss TV

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

SuperHornet wrote:Chastain and Crew would have WON World Cup this year....
Who is "Chastain" :?
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

SDHornet wrote:
SDHornet wrote: Nailed it. :lol:
Bumpity bump bump. :lol:

Did anyone seriously think the USMNT would improve under his watch? :rofl:

This epic failure should set soccer back a decade or so. The proven talent will be too old for 2022, and the young players will be on the backside of their career. Basically the next hope will be in whatever 16 and under players develop in time for the next WC. Good luck with that.

Good news is maybe some serious house is cleaned and there will be new direction from top to bottom in this laughable organization.

See you guys in the soccer thread for 2022 WC qualifications. :lol:
So what your saying is I can obviously skip watching the World Cup in 2018 since the US isn't in it, in 2022 (US, if they even make it in, are gonna suck), and wait until 2026? Since I only watch the US once every 4 years in the world Cup, that will be 12 years without having to watch soccer. :thumb:
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

BDKJMU wrote:
Given my widely known sports prejudices, you actually HAD to ask, BDK?

:roll:

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

BDKJMU wrote:
:thumb:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

SuperHornet wrote:
BDKJMU wrote: Who is "Chastain" :?
Given my widely known sports prejudices, you actually HAD to ask, BDK?

:roll:
Put your poms poms down Klinger. Going by my WGAF about female sports (and it's not just me on here) you expected me to know? :roll:
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Unless you were a hostage somewhere in 1999, you know who Brandi Chastain is.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
bandl
Towson
Towson

Post by bandl »

93henfan wrote:Unless you were a hostage somewhere in 1999, you know who Brandi Chastain is.
No, no, no. You see, it's cool to not know about a woman soccer player or a 'Hollywood Elite' person.
Fourth-string safety on the Towrson football team? BDK knows his height, weight, 40-yard dash time, total number of tackles in week 9 of the 2015 season, bench-press max, hometown, etc.
But a person who was all over the sporting world news that year (and several times since) and is essentially a soccer icon? Nope.
Or another person who is the producer of Gangs of New York, Pulp Fiction and literally hundreds of movies and TV shows, many of which have been mentioned and discussed on this very forum? Nope.
Rob Iola
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Lurking

Post by Rob Iola »

dbackjon wrote:
BDKJMU wrote: Who is "Chastain" :?
Twice on Sundays...
Last edited by Rob Iola on Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Proletarians of the world, unite!
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Grizalltheway »

bandl wrote:
93henfan wrote:Unless you were a hostage somewhere in 1999, you know who Brandi Chastain is.
No, no, no. You see, it's cool to not know about a woman soccer player or a 'Hollywood Elite' person.
Fourth-string safety on the Towrson football team? BDK knows his height, weight, 40-yard dash time, total number of tackles in week 9 of the 2015 season, bench-press max, hometown, etc.
But a person who was all over the sporting world news that year (and several times since) and is essentially a soccer icon? Nope.
Or another person who is the producer of Gangs of New York, Pulp Fiction and literally hundreds of movies and TV shows, many of which have been mentioned and discussed on this very forum? Nope.
Whatever fag!
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

BDKJMU wrote:So what your saying is I can obviously skip watching the World Cup in 2018 since the US isn't in it
I know I will.
bandl
Towson
Towson

Post by bandl »

BDKJMU wrote: having to watch soccer. :thumb:
Who is forcing you to watch soccer? :suspicious:
CitadelGrad
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Jack Kerouac
A.K.A.: El Cid

Post by CitadelGrad »

Arena down, Gulati to go.
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

- Thomas Jefferson, in letter to William S. Smith, 1787

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

bandl wrote:
Nope, don't know much about TU football except this year, just like 3 years ago and last year, they're not very good..
Don't follow womens' soccer or Hollywood...
Haven't seen either and 99% of those discussions I haven't taken part of...