Championship Game Predictions

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
Screamin_Eagle174
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Peaches
A.K.A.: SE174

Re: Championship Game Predictions

Post by Screamin_Eagle174 »

uofmman1122 wrote:
Screamin_Eagle174 wrote:
That avatar needs updating. ;)
Done. :ohno:
Blue looks good on you! :lol:
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

How in the heck is Manning going to win during the biggest ECBlizzard of the year. 1 inch of snow and 20 degree windchill. Seattle all the way :thumb:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

I'm just glad the flat brimmer pulled a Romo with 3 straight turnovers in the 4th quarter...
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

Gil Dobie wrote:How in the heck is Manning going to win during the biggest ECBlizzard of the year. 1 inch of snow and 20 degree windchill. Seattle all the way :thumb:
How the heck is a team that plays home games in a place notorious for RAIN going to win in a stadium likely to have more snow than fans?

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
Screamin_Eagle174
Supporter
Supporter

SuperHornet wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:How in the heck is Manning going to win during the biggest ECBlizzard of the year. 1 inch of snow and 20 degree windchill. Seattle all the way :thumb:
How the heck is a team that plays home games in a place notorious for RAIN going to win in a stadium likely to have more snow than fans?
Because Seattle already won in that stadium a little over a month ago. And because teams that run the ball are generally more successful in the snow than passing teams are. Especially passing teams with temperature-sensitive pocket-statues like Peyton.
Screamin_Eagle174
Supporter
Supporter

grizzaholic wrote:
Seahawks08 wrote:
Sherman was miked up, so everyone will get to hear what he said on nfl films. :thumb:
Anyone that says the hand gesture was sincere, is full of shit and shouldn't be trusted.
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-sou ... tree-clash" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He seemed pretty sincere to me. The pat, "good game" and extended hand seemed like a "let bygones be bygones" gesture until Crabs shoved him in the face, which definitely set Sherm off. Plus, it's not like Crabtree hasn't been known for being a diva in the past either. IMO, he got what he deserved for being a bitch. The video also showed Sherman giving respect to other 9er players afterwards, so it was clearly just a Crabtree issue. Haters gonna hate, I guess. :coffee:
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

Screamin_Eagle174 wrote:
SuperHornet wrote:
Because Seattle already won in that stadium a little over a month ago. And because teams that run the ball are generally more successful in the snow than passing teams are. Especially passing teams with temperature-sensitive pocket-statues like Peyton.
Um...you must be discounting the recent playoff games where the Broncos emphasized the run over the pass and did VERY well with it. Knowshon Moreno isn't one to shake a stick at....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
Wedgebuster
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNC BEARS
A.K.A.: OB55

Post by Wedgebuster »

Welker will put sherman out of the game, early.

:nod:
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

Screamin_Eagle174 wrote:
SuperHornet wrote:
Whatever you need to tell yourself. Peyton gonna tear that pussy up and keep Seattle 0-fer in the big one. :nod:
Screamin_Eagle174
Supporter
Supporter

SuperHornet wrote:
Screamin_Eagle174 wrote:
Um...you must be discounting the recent playoff games where the Broncos emphasized the run over the pass and did VERY well with it. Knowshon Moreno isn't one to shake a stick at....
Against whom? Chargers and Patriots' "D?" GTFOH. :coffee:
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Grizalltheway »

Screamin_Eagle174 wrote:
SuperHornet wrote:
Chargers had the 12th-ranked rushing D in the league, and only allowed 6 ypg more than Seattle. :coffee:
Screamin_Eagle174
Supporter
Supporter

Grizalltheway wrote:
Screamin_Eagle174 wrote:
Whatever you need to tell yourself. Peyton gonna tear that pussy up and keep Seattle 0-fer in the big one. :nod:
:lol:

Peyton and his Broncos got their asses pounded last time they played the Seahawks. May have been preseason, but Peyton did play most of the first half, which ended Seattle 33, Broncos 7. :coffee:

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201308170 ... highlights" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Screamin_Eagle174
Supporter
Supporter

Grizalltheway wrote:
Screamin_Eagle174 wrote:
Chargers had the 12th-ranked rushing D in the league, and only allowed 6 ypg more than Seattle. :coffee:

Doesn't mean jack when you get raped through the air like the Chargers did all year. :coffee:
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Grizalltheway »

Screamin_Eagle174 wrote:
Grizalltheway wrote:
:lol:

Peyton and his Broncos got their asses pounded last time they played the Seahawks. May have been preseason, but Peyton did play most of the first half, which ended Seattle 33, Broncos 7. :coffee:

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201308170 ... highlights" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hanging your hopes on a preaseason game? Cute. :lol:

In reality, it's going to be a great game between the two best teams in the NFL, who both have their various strengths and weaknesses.

Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Grizalltheway »

Screamin_Eagle174 wrote:
Grizalltheway wrote:

Doesn't mean jack when you get raped through the air like the Chargers did all year. :coffee:

It means the Broncos had some success running it against a top-12 rush defense, despite everyone thinking of them as a passing team. Moreno and Ball are pretty decent backs who run behind the best 0-line in the league.
Screamin_Eagle174
Supporter
Supporter

Grizalltheway wrote:
Screamin_Eagle174 wrote: :lol:

In reality, it's going to be a great game between the two best teams in the NFL, who both have their various strengths and weaknesses.

Even if I were, a preseason game is a lot more to hang my hat on than your 2 inch stiffy for current or former Colts QBs. :coffee:
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Grizalltheway »

Screamin_Eagle174 wrote:
Grizalltheway wrote:

Even if I were, a preseason game is a lot more to hang my hat on than your 2 inch stiffy for current or former Colts QBs. :coffee:
Well, at least he's WON a Super Bowl and played in another, something that none of the current Shithawks players can claim.
Screamin_Eagle174
Supporter
Supporter

Grizalltheway wrote:
Screamin_Eagle174 wrote: Image

It means the Broncos had some success running it against a top-12 rush defense, despite everyone thinking of them as a passing team. Moreno and Ball are pretty decent backs who run behind the best 0-line in the league.
Shirley, you can't be that dense. With how bad the Chargers are against the pass, they're sure as hell not going to stack the box against Peyton and co. :dunce:
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Grizalltheway »

Screamin_Eagle174 wrote:
Grizalltheway wrote:

Shirley, you can't be that dense. With how bad the Chargers are against the pass, they're sure as hell not going to stack the box against Peyton and co. :dunce:
Of course not, but that doesn't mean they're completely incapable of stopping the run, like you implied, or that the Broncos don't have a decent running game. Shirely, you know that you have to establish the run for the play action pass to be effective? :dunce: :dunce:
Screamin_Eagle174
Supporter
Supporter

Grizalltheway wrote:
Screamin_Eagle174 wrote: Shirley, you can't be that dense. With how bad the Chargers are against the pass, they're sure as hell not going to stack the box against Peyton and co. :dunce:
Of course not, but that doesn't mean they're completely incapable of stopping the run, like you implied, or that the Broncos don't have a decent running game. Shirely, you know that you have to establish the run for the play action pass to be effective? :dunce: :dunce:
Jasmine, surely you realize that the Hawks shut down the 9ers run game outside of their mobile QB, which Peyton certainly is not. Last I checked, 9ers had one of the best run games in the league. Hawks also shut down the pass significantly better than any other team. Best of luck to the ponies.
Screamin_Eagle174
Supporter
Supporter

Grizalltheway wrote:
Screamin_Eagle174 wrote: :lol:

http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap2000000317403" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Preseason portent
Prior to this season, the eventual Super Bowl teams have met in the preseason six times since 1994. The preseason winner won five of those six Super Bowls. Back in August, the Seahawks beat the Broncos, 40-10, in each team's second game of the preseason.
:lol: :coffee:
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Grizalltheway »

Yawn. Nice sample size. :coffee:
Screamin_Eagle174
Supporter
Supporter

Grizalltheway wrote:Yawn. Nice sample size. :coffee:
Away team advantage
As the designated "home team," the AFC team can choose to wear its home or away jersey. The Broncos have chosen to wear their orange home jerseys, which means the Seahawks will wear their road whites. Teams that wear white jerseys have won eight of the last nine Super Bowls and are 29-18 in the Super Bowl
Point differential
The difference between Denver's points scored and Seattle's points allowed is the largest gap between opponents in Super Bowl history. The Broncos scored 606 points in the regular season, while the Seahawks allowed 231 points, for a differential of 375 points. The next closest differential involves the 1984 Dolphins and 49ers, with a point differential of 286 points.
The Broncos' 606 points are the most scored by a team in a single season in NFL history. Of the next eight teams on the all-time scoring list, not one went on to win the Super Bowl.
Passing leaders
Peyton Manning is the fourth QB in NFL history to reach the Super Bowl after leading the NFL in passing yards and passing TD. Tom Brady, Kurt Warner and Dan Marino also accomplished this feat, after the 2007, 2001 and 1984 seasons, respectively. All lost by a combined score of 75-47 in the three Super Bowls.
:coffee:
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

San Diego was the 23rd rated defense and held Denver 10 points under their average in all 3 games.
Seattle is the #1 defense, and defense wins championships.
rkwittem
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: North Dakota State

Post by rkwittem »

Gil Dobie wrote:San Diego was the 23rd rated defense and held Denver 10 points under their average in all 3 games.
Seattle is the #1 defense, and defense wins championships.
Not anymore. You need both to win in most major sports today. Baseball, a relic of the past (while still relevant and enjoyable, resistant to most forms of modernization), is the only one where that's not the case. That's a tired cliche. Yes, defense does work and it has, but "all-defense, weak-offense" teams don't win championships in major sports anymore.

Football? You can't win without an elite QB anymore. At least under the current rules and culture. That's under the heading of "offense," in case you were wondering. Were the 09 Saints elite defensively? No. How about the Ravens last year? Hardly.
Basketball? You need to have the most elite players...or more than your opponent does...while also being able to get stops.
Hockey? You need at least 2 elite lines, a hot goalie, and two good defenseman pairings. Every team that has won the Cup recently has had those qualities.

Nota bene: Mostly so SE doesn't get his panties in a twist...I don't include Seattle as an all-defense, weak-offense team. No copouts if your clowns lose the Super Bowl.