NBA is back

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
BlueHen86
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: The McManus Brothers
A.K.A.: Duffman

Re: NBA is back

Post by BlueHen86 »

DSUrocks07 wrote:
bluehenbillk wrote:
So...is what you're saying that Iguodala was a value at $15M per year?? It's a yes or no question.
Of course not. But "good riddance" is a bit of a stretch. Can't blame him for the contract he was offered. And Philly fans make it seem like he was a god-awful player.
Andre would have been a great number 2 guy if the Sixers had a superstar in front of him. I think a lot of people over rate him, nobody more so than himself.

I have nothing against him, but I won't miss him either.
DJH
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: The MVC

Post by DJH »

eagleskins wrote:Mavs are going to be a force when Dirk comes back. They are improved at every position this season. Getting rid of Kidd and Terry was a great move.
no.
UNI FIGHT
DJH
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: The MVC

Post by DJH »

rkwittem wrote:
Seahawks08 wrote:
I'm sorry, but OKC is still #1 until they show otherwise. Combo of Westbrook and Durant is still good enough to take out 95% of the teams in the NBA.

And the East is the Heat's conference to lose. This is why bball doesn't matter since we already know who's going to be in the finals this year. Heat vs. OKC or Lakers.
I'm not convinced that trading one of the NBA's 20 best players keeps you at status quo. Kevin Martin is ok, but no James Harden. The Lakers are great 1 through 5, but their bench worries me. No one else out west will have a real chance. San Antonio maybe...

I'd very much prefer if the NBA would contract about 4-6 teams (one from each division) to get back to what made the league great in the 80's. Teams used to be so much deeper. There wouldn't be teams full of role players like the Raptors running around anymore- those guys would be the 6th and 7th guys off the bench for good to great teams who currently have cruddy benches. The level of play would improve so much and some degree of parity would be added. Just an idea.
The Lakers have looked absolutely awful through 3 games. Kobe is same old ball hog, Nash hasn't fit in yet (and is already hurt), and Howard looks like he doesn't give a single shit about anything.

OKC loosing Harden is a huge deal, but Martin is certainly a good NBA player, and they also added some more depth as well.

Spurs are most certainly still a factor in the West.
UNI FIGHT
dal4018
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Post by dal4018 »

BlueHen86 wrote:
DSUrocks07 wrote:
Of course not. But "good riddance" is a bit of a stretch. Can't blame him for the contract he was offered. And Philly fans make it seem like he was a god-awful player.
Andre would have been a great number 2 guy if the Sixers had a superstar in front of him. I think a lot of people over rate him, nobody more so than himself.

What about #12 Evan Turner as the lead dog???!
bluehenbillk
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: elaware

Post by bluehenbillk »

dal4018 wrote:
BlueHen86 wrote:

What about #12 Evan Turner as the lead dog???!
Nope, it's Jrue Holiday.
Make Delaware Football Great Again
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

bluehenbillk wrote:
dal4018 wrote:What about #12 Evan Turner as the lead dog???!
Nope, it's Jrue Holiday.
Hope he lives to his status.
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

JALMOND wrote:Lillard is looking more and more like the real deal. When he came into the league, I was hoping he'd be as good as Stuckey. Now he's got a legitimate shot to be the best NBA player to come out of the Big Sky since Michael Ray Richardson.

I don't think the Blazers are going to go anywhere this season but Lillard is going to be a lot of fun to watch.
Quite a comparison the next "Sugar Ray" he has a chip on his shoulder coming from a small school he being a Cali native was expecting to attend a Pac-10 based school but no one came knocking.
eagleskins
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern
A.K.A.: eagleskins

Post by eagleskins »

Better get the Mavs early, because when Dirk gets back the NBA is getting marked.
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

eagleskins wrote:Better get the Mavs early, because when Dirk gets back the NBA is getting marked.
Hope they don't run into that defensive buzz saw 3-point loving team in NYC 3-0 scored in double digits in every game so far!!!!!
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

T-Wolves come from 22 behind to defeat Brooklyn. Pek is an animal.

------without Love and Rubio.
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

Gil Dobie wrote:T-Wolves come from 22 behind to defeat Brooklyn. Pek is an animal.

The Nets took their foot off the pedal saw that game last night no way they should have lost that game yesterday.Now they face LeBron&company in Miami that should be fun????Did you see that slam from Buddinger!!!!
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

dal4018 wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:T-Wolves come from 22 behind to defeat Brooklyn. Pek is an animal.

The Nets took their foot off the pedal saw that game last night no way they should have lost that game yesterday.Now they face LeBron&company in Miami that should be fun????Did you see that slam from Buddinger!!!!
T-Wolves will have a good bench this year.
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

Gil Dobie wrote:
dal4018 wrote:The Nets took their foot off the pedal saw that game last night no way they should have lost that game yesterday.Now they face LeBron&company in Miami that should be fun????Did you see that slam from Buddinger!!!!
T-Wolves will have a good bench this year.
That is the reason they pulled the comeback.
eagleskins
Level2
Level2

Post by eagleskins »

TWolves are a good squad. Once they got Love and Rubio back, easily a top 5 seed in the West.
rkwittem
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: North Dakota State

Post by rkwittem »

JALMOND wrote:Lillard is looking more and more like the real deal. When he came into the league, I was hoping he'd be as good as Stuckey. Now he's got a legitimate shot to be the best NBA player to come out of the Big Sky since Michael Ray Richardson.

I don't think the Blazers are going to go anywhere this season but Lillard is going to be a lot of fun to watch.
I love Damian Lillard. He's going to be really, really good. Legit ROY candidate. Blazers fans are and should be very happy. Love it when they're good always fun to watch them on TV...great crowds at home. They're still a work in progress, but getting that lead dog at PG was a huge first step for them.
rkwittem
Level2
Level2

Post by rkwittem »

eagleskins wrote:TWolves are a good squad. Once they got Love and Rubio back, easily a top 5 seed in the West.
:?
Lakers, OKC, Denver, Dallas (according to you), Clippers, Memphis, San Antonio. Good luck trying to crack that list of teams, Minny.
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

rkwittem wrote:

I love Damian Lillard. He's going to be really, really good. Legit ROY candidate. Blazers fans are and should be very happy. Love it when they're good always fun to watch them on TV...great crowds at home. They're still a work in progress, but getting that lead dog at PG was a huge first step for them.
Too bad Oden's a bust!!!!And Roy's gone!!!!
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

rkwittem wrote:
eagleskins wrote:TWolves are a good squad. Once they got Love and Rubio back, easily a top 5 seed in the West.
:?
Lakers, OKC, Denver, Dallas (according to you), Clippers, Memphis, San Antonio. Good luck trying to crack that list of teams, Minny.
They won the season series last season with Clippers, Dallas and San Antonio when Love and Rubio played. Memphis, Lakers and OKC will be tough even with Love and Rubio back.
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

Gil Dobie wrote:
rkwittem wrote: :?
They won the season series last season with Clippers, Dallas and San Antonio when Love and Rubio played. Memphis, Lakers and OKC will be tough even with Love and Rubio back.
Like Stephen A.Smith(ESPN) said this will be one of the most exciting NBA seasons in the last 25 yrs plenty of young talent to go around!!!!The refs will be cutting back on guys who practice the art of flopping for a living!!!
eagleskins
Level2
Level2

Post by eagleskins »

Lakers aren't a very good team. They have some great players, but they are old as dirt, and have zero bench. When healthy, the top 5 in the west in no order are the Mavs, Thunder, Spurs, Wolves, and Clippers.
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

eagleskins wrote:Lakers aren't a very good team. They have some great players, but they are old as dirt, and have zero bench. When healthy, the top 5 in the west in no order are the Mavs, Thunder, Spurs, Wolves, and Clippers.
Agreed enough said they need a infusion of young talent what about players in the NBDL under their thumb????
bonarae
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Harvard, ETSU, St. Thomas

Post by bonarae »

eagleskins wrote:Lakers aren't a very good team. They have some great players, but they are old as dirt, and have zero bench. When healthy, the top 5 in the west in no order are the Mavs, Thunder, Spurs, Wolves, and Clippers.
Overrated... agreed and couldn't care less about the Laters. :lol:
Top two wishes of Ivy football fans everywhere: Playoff participation by the Ivy champion and the diversification of opponents in scheduling games.
rkwittem
Level2
Level2

Post by rkwittem »

Gil Dobie wrote:
rkwittem wrote: :?
I know...but the Wolves will still have games where they lose to teams that they shouldn't because they play atrocious defense. SA and the Clips are likely to have far fewer lapses, which is why they'll finish higher.
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

Lob city demolished the spurs last night

Sent from the nexus of the universe
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

clenz wrote:Lob city demolished the spurs last night

Sent from the nexus of the universe
Yeah saw it and Griffin even hit a three pointer as well.If he can hit those he will be even more effective offensively.