Cowboys GM is an IDIOT

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Cowboys GM is an IDIOT

Postby SuperHornet » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:44 pm

OK. So's the Giants' GM. How the Beckham trade wasn't equivalent to the Walker or Williams deals, I'll never know. The Browns got him for a steal.

Anyways, back to the Cowboys. How in the heck do you let the best wide-out on the team (and yes, I AM factoring in Amari Cooper in that assessment) sign with the BILLS?!? A team that doesn't even have a quarterback, and hasn't had a quarterback since Kelly retired?

At least now I can see if I can talk the powers that be into retiring #11 in honor of the best male football player who ever lived....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.

Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Re: Cowboys GM is an IDIOT

Postby Chizzang » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:50 pm

meh...
don't let the press and fan reaction sway you too much - Beckham is a prima donna cancer
The Giants didn't win sh!t with him on the roster
and aren't going to be any worse without him
but at least they get to move on...

Where they made their mistake was signing him to that huge contract last year - then trading him
Now that was stupid

:nod:

SO I agree the Giants GM is an idiot
but it's for different reasons than he's being criticized for right now
He's an idiot for not releasing Manning
and not extending his young defensive players when he had the chance
and signing Beckham to a stupid deal
How would you define a Republican?
"Somebody comfortable betting that science is wrong and oil companies are right..."

CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Postby CID1990 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:20 pm

Speaking of the Bills, Andre Roberts (All Pro, Pro Bowl, still playing in the NFL....) is also going to Buffalo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Postby Ivytalk » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:48 pm

SuperHornet wrote:OK. So's the Giants' GM. How the Beckham trade wasn't equivalent to the Walker or Williams deals, I'll never know. The Browns got him for a steal.

Anyways, back to the Cowboys. How in the heck do you let the best wide-out on the team (and yes, I AM factoring in Amari Cooper in that assessment) sign with the BILLS?!? A team that doesn't even have a quarterback, and hasn't had a quarterback since Kelly retired?

At least now I can see if I can talk the powers that be into retiring #11 in honor of the best male football player who ever lived....

One word in the last paragraph

Undermines the credibility of this post

Guess which one
Don’t get me wrong. I am generally a fan of tax increases. — John “Bernie!” St. Onge 11/16/18

JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Postby JoltinJoe » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:09 am

Chizzang wrote:meh...
don't let the press and fan reaction sway you too much - Beckham is a prima donna cancer

Where they made their mistake was signing him to that huge contract last year - then trading him
Now that was stupid

Yup, they made a mistake by paying that $20 million bonus. Beckham: great talent, too many sideshows. The Giants placed a big bet that he would mature and then realized they had bet wrong. At least they didn't double down on the error, and hold on to him just because they had signed him.

This is Barkley's team. He's really the face of the team. As Barkley's profile continued to rise, Beckham would have only become more destructive in trying to "re-center" the attention on him. Made a mistake, cut your losses. I like the move.

Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Postby Grizalltheway » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:12 am

JoltinJoe wrote:

Now that was stupid

Yup, they made a mistake by paying that $20 million bonus. Beckham: great talent, too many sideshows. The Giants placed a big bet that he would mature and then realized they had bet wrong. At least they didn't double down on the error, and hold on to him just because they had signed him.

This is Barkley's team. He's really the face of the team. As Barkley's profile continued to rise, Beckham would have only become more destructive in trying to "re-center" the attention on him. Made a mistake, cut your losses. I like the move.

He's going to have a meltdown the first game Mayfield doesn't throw to him 15 times. :nod:

Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Postby Chizzang » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:46 am

JoltinJoe wrote:

Now that was stupid

Yup... agreed
a really good wide out does not make a team "great"
but he can rip a team apart and demoralize a quarterback

and as GATW noted... The time bomb is ticking already
Beckham will eventually call out Baker Mayfield and start playing games with his head too

"Somebody comfortable betting that science is wrong and oil companies are right..."

GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Postby GannonFan » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:18 pm

Or, you know, Mayfield and Beckham could really bond and end up being a HOF duo that excels for the next decade. It could go, really, either way - nothing is certain other than that it will generate headlines.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: RE: Re: Cowboys GM is an IDIOT

Postby UNI88 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:50 pm

Chizzang wrote:
JoltinJoe wrote:

Yup... agreed
a really good wide out does not make a team "great"
but he can rip a team apart and demoralize a quarterback

and as GATW noted... The time bomb is ticking already
Beckham will eventually call out Baker Mayfield and start playing games with his head too

Baker has some cajones. My money's on him standing up to Beckham if that happens. Who gets sent packing when a star QB and star WR clash? Bye bye OBJ if that happens.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Postby Chizzang » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:53 pm

GannonFan wrote:Or, you know, Mayfield and Beckham could really bond and end up being a HOF duo that excels for the next decade. It could go, really, either way - nothing is certain other than that it will generate headlines.

The Scorpion and the Frog
OBJ cannot change who he is

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Scorpion_and_the_Frog

SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Postby SuperHornet » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:16 pm

Chizzang wrote:He's an idiot for not releasing Manning

How do you cut an experienced QB without a viable replacement already on hand? The Giants haven't had a decent QB other than Manning since Simms....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.

Return to “Other Sports”