2018 Little League World Series

All other sports including pro, high school and more!

Who will win the US bracket of the LLWS?

Poll ended at Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:33 am

Michigan
29%
New York
29%
Texas
14%
Iowa
No votes
Rhode Island
No votes
Hawaii
No votes
Georgia
14%
Idaho
14%

Total votes: 7

GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Re: 2018 Little League World Series

Post by GannonFan »

CAA Flagship wrote:
GannonFan wrote:Australia up early on Mexico - potential upset in the making there.
Blew it in the last inning. That would have made things interesting.
Same issue as the Puerto Rico team - just one stud pitcher. Once he left (and he left with two outs in the 6th) the other kid they put in was just batting practice. Little League baseball is about having stud pitchers (pitching from 46' kind of dictates that) - if you don't have enough of them, it really shows. We'll see about the Great Lakes team tonight from Michigan - they battered the ball in the regionals - either they can really hit or there wasn't great pitching in that regional.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Rob Iola
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Lurking

Post by Rob Iola »

GannonFan wrote:
CAA Flagship wrote: Blew it in the last inning. That would have made things interesting.
Same issue as the Puerto Rico team - just one stud pitcher. Once he left (and he left with two outs in the 6th) the other kid they put in was just batting practice. Little League baseball is about having stud pitchers (pitching from 46' kind of dictates that) - if you don't have enough of them, it really shows. We'll see about the Great Lakes team tonight from Michigan - they battered the ball in the regionals - either they can really hit or there wasn't great pitching in that regional.
Gonna sound totally evil here, but I've always thought that the great equalizer when you don't have the really big arms in the LLWS is to have your B pitchers play chin music with the other team's batters. Weaken their knees and have them bailing out every pitch and you can win with pedestrian curve balls, er, "cutters"...
Proletarians of the world, unite!
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

Great games yesterday.

Hawaii 1
Georgia 0
Hawaii with walk-off homer in bottom of 11th.

Michigan 5
Idaho 4
Michigan trailed 4-1 in bottom of 6th.
css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

CAA Flagship wrote:Great games yesterday.

Hawaii 1
Georgia 0
Hawaii with walk-off homer in bottom of 11th.

Michigan 5
Idaho 4
Michigan trailed 4-1 in bottom of 6th.
Idaho spit the bit in the 6th, new pitcher got hit, errors did not help either,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
grizzaholic
One Man Wolfpack
One Man Wolfpack
I am a fan of: Hodgdon
A.K.A.: Random Mailer

Post by grizzaholic »

I choose the team this kid plays for.

phpBB [video]
"What I'm saying is: You might have taken care of your wolf problem, but everyone around town is going to think of you as the crazy son of a bitch who bought land mines to get rid of wolves."

Justin Halpern
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Had another good time in Williamsport - kids enjoyed it and got their new jerseys. So wet this summer and up there, though, that sliding down the hill is only limited to those who want to be covered in mud. We had to ban our kids from doing it because I couldn't stomach a 2-3 hour ride home in the car with them smelling that way!

Hawaii looks to be the cream of the crop for the American teams - they can pitch and hit. Michigan fell apart in front of them yesterday. If New York can pitch their stud against Hawaii they could possibly win, but I think Hawaii hits a lot better than New York does.

On the other side, Japan and Korea look good, but I still wouldn't count out Latin America even though they lost to Japan yesterday. Latin America still has those three kids who are either above or just at 6'0", and they're studs. They didn't give up against Japan yesterday and made that game interesting after falling behind. Long road back now (they have to win twice before playing the loser of Japan/Korea) but they could still make some noise.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

I hope the Japanese don’t sneak up and surprise Hawaii.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

93henfan wrote:I hope the Japanese don’t sneak up and surprise Hawaii.

What about the Germans?
:thumb:
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

dbackjon wrote:
93henfan wrote:I hope the Japanese don’t sneak up and surprise Hawaii.

What about the Germans?
They’re a gas!
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

Not a LLWS reference, but relevant to youth baseball.

I wish I had the balls to say these things when I coached. :rofl: :rofl:

https://www.jukinmedia.com/licensing/view/1000178
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

Final 4

Hawaii
Georgia

Japan
South Korea
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Hawaii may have dodged a bullet - if New York had gotten through last night they would've had their stud pitcher available for Saturday. Now, Hawaii gets a depleted Georgia team that had to play the whole way through the losers bracket (since losing to Hawaii in the first round in that 11 inning game) and Hawaii might even be able to save some pitchers for a Sunday game against the international team.
tribe_pride
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: W&M

Post by tribe_pride »

GannonFan wrote:Hawaii may have dodged a bullet - if New York had gotten through last night they would've had their stud pitcher available for Saturday. Now, Hawaii gets a depleted Georgia team that had to play the whole way through the losers bracket (since losing to Hawaii in the first round in that 11 inning game) and Hawaii might even be able to save some pitchers for a Sunday game against the international team.
Is the Georgia starting pitcher who got to pitch against Hawaii in Game 1 (11 inning game where only runs scored were in the 11th) eligible to pitch tomorrow? If so, that could be another interesting game. Unlucky first round matchup for Georgia as if Georgia could have found a way to score in the first 10 innings, their luck may have changed.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

tribe_pride wrote:
GannonFan wrote:Hawaii may have dodged a bullet - if New York had gotten through last night they would've had their stud pitcher available for Saturday. Now, Hawaii gets a depleted Georgia team that had to play the whole way through the losers bracket (since losing to Hawaii in the first round in that 11 inning game) and Hawaii might even be able to save some pitchers for a Sunday game against the international team.
Is the Georgia starting pitcher who got to pitch against Hawaii in Game 1 (11 inning game where only runs scored were in the 11th) eligible to pitch tomorrow? If so, that could be another interesting game. Unlucky first round matchup for Georgia as if Georgia could have found a way to score in the first 10 innings, their luck may have changed.
No - that was Kenty. He pitched 90 pitches in the win against Great Lakes on Wednesday so that means 4 days of rest - he's done pitching in Williamsport.

Both Korea and Hawaii won 10-0 in shortened games on Wednesday (with Korea already beating Japan 10-0) so they both have pitching to spare as a result.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

Hawaii wins the LLWS. Deep and dominant team. Well deserved.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

CAA Flagship wrote:Hawaii wins the LLWS. Deep and dominant team. Well deserved.
Yup, they could do everything you needed to win - they could hit, they had dominant and deep pitching, and they could field the ball. Best overall team in the tournament and it showed. Plus they played loose and had fun.