DSUrocks07
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Delaware State
A.K.A.: phillywild305

Michigan State vs Penn State...at Penn

Post by DSUrocks07 »

Big win for PSU at the Polestra.

How much did Penn get to host this game? I doubt you would see UD play a game in Dover.
MEAC, last one out turn off the lights.

@phillywild305 FB
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Re: Michigan State vs Penn State...at Penn

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

You'd probably know better than me, but it seems pretty common for area teams to play neutral games at The Palestra—like it's some sort of cathedral or something.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Mvemjsunpx wrote:You'd probably know better than me, but it seems pretty common for area teams to play neutral games at The Palestra—like it's some sort of cathedral or something.
Per Wiki:
The Palestra, often called the Cathedral of College Basketball,[2][3] is a historic arena and the home gym of the University of Pennsylvania Quakers men's and women's basketball teams, volleyball teams, wrestling team, and Philadelphia Big 5 basketball. Located at 235 South 33rd St. in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania on the campus of the University of Pennsylvania, near Franklin Field in the University City section of Philadelphia, it opened on January 1, 1927. The Palestra has been called "the most important building in the history of college basketball" and "changed the entire history of the sport for which it was built."[4]

The arena originally seated about 10,000, but now seats 8,725 for basketball. The Palestra is famed for its close-to-the-court seating with the bleachers ending at the floor with no barrier to separate the fans from the game.

At the time of its construction, the Palestra was one of the world's largest arenas.[citation needed] It was one of the first steel-and-concrete arenas in the United States and also one of the first to be constructed without interior pillars blocking the view.

Since its inception, the Palestra has hosted more games, more visiting teams, and more NCAA tournaments than any other facility in college basketball.[3]
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

93henfan wrote:
Mvemjsunpx wrote:You'd probably know better than me, but it seems pretty common for area teams to play neutral games at The Palestra—like it's some sort of cathedral or something.
Per Wiki:
The Palestra, often called the Cathedral of College Basketball,[2][3] is a historic arena and the home gym of the University of Pennsylvania Quakers men's and women's basketball teams, volleyball teams, wrestling team, and Philadelphia Big 5 basketball. Located at 235 South 33rd St. in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania on the campus of the University of Pennsylvania, near Franklin Field in the University City section of Philadelphia, it opened on January 1, 1927. The Palestra has been called "the most important building in the history of college basketball" and "changed the entire history of the sport for which it was built."[4]

The arena originally seated about 10,000, but now seats 8,725 for basketball. The Palestra is famed for its close-to-the-court seating with the bleachers ending at the floor with no barrier to separate the fans from the game.

At the time of its construction, the Palestra was one of the world's largest arenas.[citation needed] It was one of the first steel-and-concrete arenas in the United States and also one of the first to be constructed without interior pillars blocking the view.

Since its inception, the Palestra has hosted more games, more visiting teams, and more NCAA tournaments than any other facility in college basketball.[3]

Well, that explains it. :thumb: