College Hoops discussion
dal4018
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Tenn St vs Duke

Post by dal4018 »

This meeting takes place next monday 12-19!!!!!! Tenn St played very well vs ACC power NC St in a 67-55 loss.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Re: Tenn St vs Duke

Post by Ivytalk »

Duke will blow them out.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

Ivytalk wrote:Duke will blow them out.
Of course they will have no choice imagine a small school coming into your backyard and walking away with a W!!!!!
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

Tenn St lost 65-55 the score at the half 27-23 the Tigers will be a TOUGH out come March!!!!!!
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

dal4018 wrote:
Tenn St lost 65-55 the score at the half 27-23 the Tigers will be a TOUGH out come March!!!!!!
Dal, Duke had a big run in the second half and didn't even shoot free throws well. Coach K took his foot off the gas at the end. It was a 20 point Duke lead with 7 minutes left. Did we watch the same game? BTW, the average age of that TSU team is close to Medicare-eligible. They better win this year, because they'll have nothing next year.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

Ivytalk wrote:
dal4018 wrote: Tenn St lost 65-55 the score at the half 27-23 the Tigers will be a TOUGH out come March!!!!!!
Dal, Duke had a big run in the second half and didn't even shoot free throws well. Coach K took his foot off the gas at the end. It was a 20 point Duke lead with 7 minutes left. Did we watch the same game? BTW, the average age of that TSU team is close to Medicare-eligible. They better win this year, because they'll have nothing next year.
They did beat Middle Tennessee, who has a better RPI than Duke at present.

Just sayin'…
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

I saw some of this game. Tenn St. played tough. Too much skill and muscle on Duke. Game turned when TSU missed layup in second half and Kennard hit his second 3-pointer in 20 seconds right after that.
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

Mvemjsunpx wrote:
Ivytalk wrote:
They did beat Middle Tennessee, who has a better RPI than Duke at present.

Just sayin'…
RPI in December is like the NCAA SRS ranking at any point.

RPI is more or less worthless until Mid-Jan
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

Ivytalk wrote:
dal4018 wrote: Tenn St lost 65-55 the score at the half 27-23 the Tigers will be a TOUGH out come March!!!!!!
Plus TSU had a ill-timed Cold shooting spell in which they went 0-6 I did not watch the game unfortunately but I keep in touch with followers of the program and have said their lack of size is the problem in the low post is their problem.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

Speaking of Dook, that little bitch Grayson Allen (ghey name to begin with) was suspended indefinitely for his tripping escapades.
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

Ivytalk wrote:Speaking of Dook, that little bitch Grayson Allen (ghey name to begin with) was suspended indefinitely for his tripping escapades.
Yes and he had his little tirade on the bench it reminded me of Christian Laettner's stomping on a player from Kentucky in that HISTORIC playoff game!!!!
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

dal4018 wrote:
Ivytalk wrote:Speaking of Dook, that little bitch Grayson Allen (ghey name to begin with) was suspended indefinitely for his tripping escapades.
Yes and he had his little tirade on the bench it reminded me of Christian Laettner's stomping on a player from Kentucky in that HISTORIC playoff game!!!!
Laettner may be the biggest Dook Douche of all time.
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

Ivytalk wrote:
dal4018 wrote: Yes and he had his little tirade on the bench it reminded me of Christian Laettner's stomping on a player from Kentucky in that HISTORIC playoff game!!!!
Laettner may be the biggest Dook Douche of all time.
He took lessons from Danny Ferry another washout!!!!
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

dal4018 wrote:
Ivytalk wrote: Laettner may be the biggest Dook Douche of all time.
He took lessons from Danny Ferry another washout!!!!
Are you insinuating Laettner was a washout?

Or even Danny Ferry?
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

clenz wrote:
dal4018 wrote: He took lessons from Danny Ferry another washout!!!!

Or even Danny Ferry?
There is a difference between douches and washouts. Neither Laettner nor Ferry was a star NBA player, although both were competent, but both were douches. Especially Laettner. :twocents:
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

Ivytalk wrote:
clenz wrote: Are you insinuating Laettner was a washout?

Or even Danny Ferry?
There is a difference between douches and washouts. Neither Laettner nor Ferry was a star NBA player, although both were competent, but both were douches. Especially Laettner. :twocents:

:nod:
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

Ivytalk wrote:

Or even Danny Ferry?
Ferry was solid, though not a star. He had a 13 year career, played in 917 games, played over 20 MPG, shot 45% from the floor, 40% from deep, 85% from the FT line. Only twice did eh play less than 63 games in a season, and one of those was a strike shortened season of 98-99 (he played all 50).

Laettner also played 13 seasons. Averaged 13 points, 7 boards and 3 assists, while shooting 48% form the floor and 82 from the FT line. He was an all star and on the all rookie team. Looking at "similarity scores" he's around some pretty solid guys - Antonio McDyess, Hedo Turoglu, Luol Deng, Grant Lon, Donyell Marshall, Jermaine O'Neal....

Neither were HOF players, but you don't spend 13 years in the NBA if you're a scrub.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

clenz wrote:
Ivytalk wrote:
Ferry was solid, though not a star. He had a 13 year career, played in 917 games, played over 20 MPG, shot 45% from the floor, 40% from deep, 85% from the FT line. Only twice did eh play less than 63 games in a season, and one of those was a strike shortened season of 98-99 (he played all 50).

Laettner also played 13 seasons. Averaged 13 points, 7 boards and 3 assists, while shooting 48% form the floor and 82 from the FT line. He was an all star and on the all rookie team. Looking at "similarity scores" he's around some pretty solid guys - Antonio McDyess, Hedo Turoglu, Luol Deng, Grant Lon, Donyell Marshall, Jermaine O'Neal....

Neither were HOF players, but you don't spend 13 years in the NBA if you're a scrub.
clenz, it's basically semantics. You say "solid," I say "competent." We agree that neither one was a star at the NBA level. And I trust you agree that both were douches.
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

Ivytalk wrote:
clenz wrote: Ferry was solid, though not a star. He had a 13 year career, played in 917 games, played over 20 MPG, shot 45% from the floor, 40% from deep, 85% from the FT line. Only twice did eh play less than 63 games in a season, and one of those was a strike shortened season of 98-99 (he played all 50).

clenz, it's basically semantics. You say "solid," I say "competent." We agree that neither one was a star at the NBA level. And I trust you agree that both were douches.
Oh yea, I was agreeing with you completely. :thumb:
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

clenz wrote:
dal4018 wrote: He took lessons from Danny Ferry another washout!!!!

Or even Danny Ferry?
Yes.
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

Coach K allowed Laettner to get away with what he did at Duke.
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

dal4018 wrote:

Or even Danny Ferry?
Yes.
They both played 13 seasons in the NBA. One of them was an all star. Washouts don't play 13 years of pro ball
bandl
Towson
Towson

Post by bandl »

dal4018 wrote:Coach K allowed Laettner to get away with what he did at Duke.
Are you insinuating Koack K allowed Leattner to rape?!?!!!!?!
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

bandl wrote:
dal4018 wrote:Coach K allowed Laettner to get away with what he did at Duke.
Are you insinuating Koack K allowed Leattner to rape?!?!!!!?!
Don't know anything about rape but Laettner kick an opposing player from KENTUCKY in the chest once and was not reprimanded it for he was the forerunner to Grayson Allen.
Last edited by dal4018 on Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

clenz wrote:
dal4018 wrote:Yes.
They both played 13 seasons in the NBA. One of them was an all star. Washouts don't play 13 years of pro ball
One all-star appearance in 13 combined yrs is nothing to write home about.