App State vs Michigan

Football Championship Subdivision discussions
PSUVikings
I am a fan of: Portland State

App State vs Michigan

Post by PSUVikings »

This is one highly anticipated game. How will App State fair? Here are the results of their last 5 FBS games.

@Kansas L 8-36
@LSU L 0-24
@Wyoming L 15-42
@Hawaii L 17-40
@Marshall L 17-50
PSUVikings, PSUFansForum.BigSkyFans.com Admin
appst89
I am a fan of: Appalachian St.

Re: App State vs Michigan

Post by appst89 »

I think ASU can make a good showing against Michigan, but we aren't going to win. I think Michigan may be surprised with our speed, but they are ranked in the top 5 in FBS for a reason. I expect something along the lines of 49-21.
What, me worry?
ChetSteadman
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Mustangs
A.K.A.: Rocket

Post by ChetSteadman »

appst89 wrote:I think ASU can make a good showing against Michigan, but we aren't going to win. I think Michigan may be surprised with our speed, but they are ranked in the top 5 in FBS for a reason. I expect something along the lines of 49-21.

I think this is probably a pretty accurate assessment of what will happen in the game. Don't get me wrong, I would sport wood for a week if App won, but I don't see it happening. I just want a good, competitive game (from both teams) and every player to leave the stadium tired, but uninjured.
MrTitleist
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by MrTitleist »

Appy vs. Wyoming was actually 53-7
ImageImageImageImageImage
skinny_uncle
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: SIU

Post by skinny_uncle »

I'm surprised at the Appy track record in FBS matchups. I would have thought they might have been more competitive in recent years.
"You know you are getting old when time flies whether you are having fun or not."

hapapp
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by hapapp »

Actually our most recent FBS game was the 23-10 loss to NCSU.

A 3-4 touchdown defeat at the hands of Michigan would be the most likely result. This will be the best ASU team to face an FBS/1A in quite awhile. Of course, this Michigan team will be one of the best an ASU team has faced.
guinzone
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Youngstown State
A.K.A.: Let's Go Guins

Post by guinzone »

I want Appy to make it a game, but Michigan is absolutely loaded. They will blow the Apps out of town by 5 touchdowns.
49-10
Proud Youngstown State Fan
GREY DAWG
I am a fan of: Southern Illinois

Post by GREY DAWG »

I hope for the sake of the FCS that Appy State can pull off an upset or atleast give them a heck of a ball game. Otherwise it is going to look really bad that the 2 time defending champ gets blown away by a BCS school. :shock:
ImageImage
guinzone
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Youngstown State
A.K.A.: Let's Go Guins

Post by guinzone »

GREY DAWG wrote:I hope for the sake of the FCS that Appy State can pull off an upset or atleast give them a heck of a ball game. Otherwise it is going to look really bad that the 2 time defending champ gets blown away by a BCS school. :shock:
Your mascot, SIU, is the ugliest thing to hit the FCS! WTF is that!
Proud Youngstown State Fan
WYOBISONMAN
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: The NDSU Bison

Post by WYOBISONMAN »

As bad as I want ASU to keep it tight, I am afraid it won't be. But.....if I can get it on TV.....I will be watching and yelling for Appy State!!!
PAmedic
I am a fan of: LIBERTY

Post by PAmedic »

hoping to see the Mountaineers post 2 TDs

keeping it within 35 points would be a good showing

and thats not a slam at all- as a Penn State boy, I'm all to familiar with the damage the @#$%^&*()_ Wolverines can do.

(with no time left. In the endzone. ) :vomit
Always remember the 343 (9/11/01)
ASU Kep
I am a fan of: ASU

Post by ASU Kep »

WYOBISONMAN wrote:As bad as I want ASU to keep it tight, I am afraid it won't be. But.....if I can get it on TV.....I will be watching and yelling for Appy State!!!
As of right now, there aren't any plans to broadcast it nationwide. All I know is that it will be carried on Big Ten TV...which i'll be willing to bet you have to pay for. If you want to listen, goasu.com always has free audio feeds.

I'm not too worried about it though, because I'm gonna see the upset unfold live from the Big House. :twisted:
WYOBISONMAN
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: The NDSU Bison

Post by WYOBISONMAN »

ASU Kep wrote:
WYOBISONMAN wrote:As bad as I want ASU to keep it tight, I am afraid it won't be. But.....if I can get it on TV.....I will be watching and yelling for Appy State!!!
As of right now, there aren't any plans to broadcast it nationwide. All I know is that it will be carried on Big Ten TV...which i'll be willing to bet you have to pay for. If you want to listen, goasu.com always has free audio feeds.

I'm not too worried about it though, because I'm gonna see the upset unfold live from the Big House. :twisted:
I usually get ESPN Game Plan and I would hope it would be on there............
ASU Kep
I am a fan of: ASU

Post by ASU Kep »

WYOBISONMAN wrote:
ASU Kep wrote: As of right now, there aren't any plans to broadcast it nationwide. All I know is that it will be carried on Big Ten TV...which i'll be willing to bet you have to pay for. If you want to listen, goasu.com always has free audio feeds.

I usually get ESPN Game Plan and I would hope it would be on there............
Big Ten TV is the only one that has it for sure right now, it's possible that one of the ESPN's might pick it up and they just havn't announced it yet. Given Michigan's fan base and the above-average amount of attention this FCS/FBS match-up has received, I wouldn't doubt it gets picked up by someone. If it does get picked up, check goasu.com before the game and the info will definitely be on there. I'm really hoping it does, it'd only be (more) good publicity for us as long as we don't get annihilated (and I have a feeling we won't).

and thanks for your support. I also always root for FCS's against the big boys, regardless of the team (Furman, GSU...).
CitadelGrad
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Jack Kerouac
A.K.A.: El Cid

Post by CitadelGrad »

If it will be on the Big Ten Network (as the Citadel/Wisconsin game will be) you will not have to pay for it. The Big Ten will not allow cable companies the carry the network unless it is part of the basic cable package. If you live in an area where the network is not offered, you should be able to find it at a sports bar that carries DirectTV. If there is a Michigan alumni club in your area, you might want to contact the club to see if you can watch it with them. They will almost certainly be watching it either at a sports bar or at someone's home on satellite.
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

- Thomas Jefferson, in letter to William S. Smith, 1787

Fresno St. Alum
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: poontang
A.K.A.: Rainman

Post by Fresno St. Alum »

So the Big Ten Network will be part of the directv basic package and not part of the sports back? That's cool if that happens
CitadelGrad
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Jack Kerouac
A.K.A.: El Cid

Post by CitadelGrad »

Fresno St. Alum wrote:So the Big Ten Network will be part of the directv basic package and not part of the sports back? That's cool if that happens
Oops, I might have misspoke. I only know the Big Ten has required cable companies to carry the network as part of the basic cable package. I do not know about DirectTV, although I do know it will be available on DirectTV. I just don't know whether is will be part of their basic package or a premium service. I'll try to look into that for you.
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

- Thomas Jefferson, in letter to William S. Smith, 1787

Fresno St. Alum
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: poontang
A.K.A.: Rainman

Post by Fresno St. Alum »

thanks, directv will probably screw us over and put it in the sports pack so you have to pay and extra $12
bluehenbillk
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: elaware

Post by bluehenbillk »

It'd be good to see App make a game of it, but UM's offense is as good as anybody in the country. Michigan 52-10.
Make Delaware Football Great Again
Wedgebuster
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNC BEARS
A.K.A.: OB55

Post by Wedgebuster »

bluehenbillk wrote:It'd be good to see App make a game of it, but UM's offense is as good as anybody in the country. Michigan

52-10.
USC and Florida in the same country? :?: :lol:
GREY DAWG
I am a fan of: Southern Illinois

Post by GREY DAWG »

guinzone wrote:
GREY DAWG wrote:I hope for the sake of the FCS that Appy State can pull off an upset or atleast give them a heck of a ball game. Otherwise it is going to look really bad that the 2 time defending champ gets blown away by a BCS school. :shock:

It's a Saluki thank you very much. A saluki is an Egyptian hunting dog and is also know as the royal dog of Egypt. Salukis have even been found mummified in the tombs with the Kings.

In the NCAA's there are 44 Tigers, 17 Cardinals and 3 Penguins, BUT ONLY 1 SALUKI!!! :lol:
ImageImage
bluehenbillk
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: elaware

Post by bluehenbillk »

Wedgebuster wrote:
bluehenbillk wrote:It'd be good to see App make a game of it, but UM's offense is as good as anybody in the country. Michigan

52-10.
USC and Florida in the same country? :?: :lol:

Well, in Henne, Hart, Long & Manningham you have four sure-fire 1st-round draft choices. Can USC & Florida say that?
Make Delaware Football Great Again
GoGuins
I am a fan of: YSU

Post by GoGuins »

52-17
skinny_uncle
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: SIU

Post by skinny_uncle »

guinzone wrote:
"You know you are getting old when time flies whether you are having fun or not."

putter
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by putter »

hapapp wrote:Actually our most recent FBS game was the 23-10 loss to NCSU.

A 3-4 touchdown defeat at the hands of Michigan would be the most likely result. This will be the best ASU team to face an FBS/1A in quite awhile. Of course, this Michigan team will be one of the best an ASU team has faced.
And I would have loved to see that score if Armante Edwards had played in that game!! ;)
‎"Born in other countries, yet believing you could be happy in this, our laws acknowledge, as they should do, your right to join us in society, conforming, as I doubt not you will do, to our established rules. That these rules shall be as equal as prudential considerations will admit, will certainly be the aim of our legislatures, general and particular." --Thomas Jefferson, letter to Hugh White, 1801