Boy, was I wrong...

Football Championship Subdivision discussions
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Boy, was I wrong...

Post by SuperHornet »

If I'd been asked for an FCS upset of an FBS team yesterday, I wouldn't have picked Appy. I would have picked Mr. Popper's favorite team, if only out of decades of frustration at OSU's old policy of never playing in-state schools. I was banking on enough pi$$ed off Penguins playing over their heads enough to take down one of the most arrogant schools in football.

Incidentally, Nicholls also pulled off the FBS upset, though it was only Rice, which hasn't been anything special since their Cotton Bowl fiasco against 'Bama.

One interesting tidbit I'd picked up from the Appy game was that they'd won SIX previous FBS games; they were ALL, however, against woeful Wake Forest. Appy has had a few close calls over the last few years, but this is the first time they'd sealed the deal against a known quantity. Congrats, Mountaineers.

Now, can we have a Mountaineers Bowl featuring Appy vs. West Virginia? That'd be really funny.

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
Sly Fox
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Liberty

Re: Boy, was I wrong...

Post by Sly Fox »

Actually Rice is not as bad as you imply. So I give Nicholls State a little more credit for taking down the Owls. And even more impressively, stopping Jarett Dillard from getting into the endzone.