Football Championship Subdivision discussions
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Transfer Portal and Schollies

Post by kalm »

It seems like EWU gets way more commitments these days with the transfer rules. It’s no longer mainly commitments roughly equaling the number of graduating seniors who’ve used up their eligibility. IE: a “big class” like we used to acknowledge.

Or at least the number of transfers out doesn’t seem to equal the number of commits.

I’m wondering if these are just hopefuls with a decent chance of decommitting to better offers or if we’re splitting more schollies…or pulling more schollies…or just more walk-ons?

Thoughts? Anyone notice something similar going on with their team?
dal4018
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Re: Transfer Portal and Schollies

Post by dal4018 »

kalm wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 7:53 am It seems like EWU gets way more commitments these days with the transfer rules. It’s no longer mainly commitments roughly equaling the number of graduating seniors who’ve used up their eligibility. IE: a “big class” like we used to acknowledge.

Or at least the number of transfers out doesn’t seem to equal the number of commits.

I’m wondering if these are just hopefuls with a decent chance of decommitting to better offers or if we’re splitting more schollies…or pulling more schollies…or just more walk-ons?

Thoughts? Anyone notice something similar going on with their team?
Let's see what happens next year