Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: DELAWARE

Re: QF - #5 Albany @ #4 Idaho

Post by Caribbean Hen »

kalm wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:51 am
Caribbean Hen wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 7:15 am

Wrong

Big Sky exposed as a fraud, propped up by the national voters and the polls didn’t have Albany ranks fairly until late in the year

This games should have been played in New York where Albany would’ve beaten by 28 points
The Danes played well last night and playoff road wins are always hard to come by. Great WR play and the DL came through in the clutch.

I had them slowly moving up my poll after the UNH loss. Their best 2nd half of the season win came against an overrated W&M. They rose through attrition rather than quality wins but then proved it on the field last night upsetting Idaho.

Albany gave up 424 yards to a team that’s been struggling on offense so yes, SIU’s defense held Idaho more in check.

As for the Big Sky, it’s clearly the 2nd best conference by a significant amount. The computers, SoS, playoff results all suggest so.

That’s why the game was played in Moscow as it should have been.
You just admitted you hadn’t watched an Albany game all year. The eye test matters and is the reason I talked Albany up all year and they finally got a chance to prove it last night. Reese Poffenbarger is the real deal, the Real McCoy? Hmmmm

Montana and Montana State lift the entire Big Sky, Idaho. Sacramento st and Weber have never accomplished anything

Albany beat Villanova 31-10
uofmman1122
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Japanese girls
A.K.A.: Randy Butternubs

Post by uofmman1122 »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 2:20 pm

The Danes played well last night and playoff road wins are always hard to come by. Great WR play and the DL came through in the clutch.

I had them slowly moving up my poll after the UNH loss. Their best 2nd half of the season win came against an overrated W&M. They rose through attrition rather than quality wins but then proved it on the field last night upsetting Idaho.

Albany gave up 424 yards to a team that’s been struggling on offense so yes, SIU’s defense held Idaho more in check.

As for the Big Sky, it’s clearly the 2nd best conference by a significant amount. The computers, SoS, playoff results all suggest so.

You just admitted you hadn’t watched an Albany game all year. The eye test matters and is the reason I talked Albany up all year and they finally got a chance to prove it last night. Reese Poffenbarger is the real deal, the Real McCoy? Hmmmm

Montana and Montana State lift the entire Big Sky, Idaho. Sacramento st and Weber have never accomplished anything

I'm just happy we're back at a point where people are finally saying Montana lifts up the Big Sky again. :lol:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

uofmman1122 wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:44 pm
Caribbean Hen wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 2:20 pm

I'm just happy we're back at a point where people are finally saying Montana lifts up the Big Sky again. :lol:
An ascendent UM is indeed good for the Big Sky and FCS as a whole. We were 4-1 against the CAA in the 2010’s but only 7-6 against the MVFC. Tag, you’re it. :mrgreen:
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 7:15 am

Wrong

Big Sky exposed as a fraud, propped up by the national voters and the polls didn’t have Albany ranks fairly until late in the year

This games should have been played in New York where Albany would’ve beaten by 28 points

What poll are you referring to?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:01 am

The most accurate predictor of playoff bids out there, of course…AGS.

I’ve also voted in the Stats poll.
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

kalm wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:05 am
Caribbean Hen wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:01 am

Oh nice, some AGS voters post their poll like me

I don’t remember you doing that

Stats voter? Wow I’m impressed

Are you a celebrity?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:40 am
kalm wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:05 am

Are you a celebrity?
:rofl:

Stats is not the best poll and it’s micromanaged.
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

kalm wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:54 am
Caribbean Hen wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:40 am

Are you a celebrity?
:rofl:

Stats is not the best poll and it’s micromanaged.
Well it’s better then the coaches poll

Micromanaged? Intriguing

As a voter in the AGS poll, I understand producing a poll is not easy.