Football Championship Subdivision discussions
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Big Sky Predictions 10-7

Post by JALMOND »

After being perfect last week (even with a few scares), I am now up to 42-6 for the year, close to being respectable. Only three games are on the conference schedule this week as half the teams are taking the week off, so with the less amount of games, it should make the chance of perfection again to be rather good. But after the way the games went last week, anything could happen, and some teams could pull some surprises. All games are on Saturday with later than usual kickoffs (no 1pm games). Here are my predictions for this week.

UI at CP---If there is anyone who could threaten the top spot in the confernce, it may be the Vandals who started conference play with two good wins and looked good doing it. On the other side, the Mustangs have not looked good and, even with two wins on paper, they've looked rather lost and out of sorts. Surprises do happen, but not here...UI 45, CP 14.

UM at UCD---The Grizzlies recovered from their shocking road loss in the first week of conference play to where they had a shocking close win at home lst week. The Aggies looked good on the road last week against an inferior opponent after falling just short at home. Do the Grizzlies finally wake up or do the Aggies take it to them?...UCD 28, UM 20.

NAU at WSU---The most interesting matchup on this short schedule. The Lumberjacks have only one win, yet they have looked really good in conference play so far. The Wildcats, on the other hand, have not, looking out of sorts in their first conference game, then needing some late game heroics to salvage a win. The Wildcats may be the better team, but really?...NAU 34, WSU 28.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Re: Big Sky Predictions 10-7

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

Idaho 48-13 Calol Poly — So again… why did Cal Poly ditch the triple option in 2020? :?

Montana 17-24 DavisMontana is 5-0 all-time in Davis, but if there's any Griz team that's gonna break that streak…

NAU 14-23 WeberNothing in the Big Sky can top the storied history of the Red Rock Trophy :nod:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Mvemjsunpx wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 12:36 am Idaho 48-13 Calol Poly — So again… why did Cal Poly ditch the triple option in 2020? :?

Montana 17-24 DavisMontana is 5-0 all-time in Davis, but if there's any Griz team that's gonna break that streak…

NAU 14-23 WeberNothing in the Big Sky can top the storied history of the Red Rock Trophy :nod:
The Dam Cup disagrees. :coffee:
JALMOND
Level4
Level4

Post by JALMOND »

kalm wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 5:50 am
Mvemjsunpx wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 12:36 am Idaho 48-13 Calol Poly — So again… why did Cal Poly ditch the triple option in 2020? :?

The Dam Cup disagrees. :coffee:
That Dam(n) Cup. :lol:

:thumb:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

UI
UM
NAU
JALMOND
Level4
Level4

Post by JALMOND »

JALMOND wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 7:01 pm After being perfect last week (even with a few scares), I am now up to 42-6 for the year, close to being respectable. Only three games are on the conference schedule this week as half the teams are taking the week off, so with the less amount of games, it should make the chance of perfection again to be rather good. But after the way the games went last week, anything could happen, and some teams could pull some surprises. All games are on Saturday with later than usual kickoffs (no 1pm games). Here are my predictions for this week.

UI at CP---If there is anyone who could threaten the top spot in the confernce, it may be the Vandals who started conference play with two good wins and looked good doing it. On the other side, the Mustangs have not looked good and, even with two wins on paper, they've looked rather lost and out of sorts. Surprises do happen, but not here...UI 45, CP 14.

UM at UCD---The Grizzlies recovered from their shocking road loss in the first week of conference play to where they had a shocking close win at home lst week. The Aggies looked good on the road last week against an inferior opponent after falling just short at home. Do the Grizzlies finally wake up or do the Aggies take it to them?...UCD 28, UM 20.

NAU at WSU---The most interesting matchup on this short schedule. The Lumberjacks have only one win, yet they have looked really good in conference play so far. The Wildcats, on the other hand, have not, looking out of sorts in their first conference game, then needing some late game heroics to salvage a win. The Wildcats may be the better team, but really?...NAU 34, WSU 28.
2-1 this week, puts me at 44-7 for the year. Also, the Grizzlies are 2-0 when I pick against them. :oops: