Football Championship Subdivision discussions
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Big Sky Predictions 9-9

Post by JALMOND »

Its been one week and already I am out of an elimination game and I did not have a perfect week last week in what actually turned out to be an easy pickings week. I have another week to try to make up for it. All teams are playing this week and all but two teams are on the road. Here is my feeble attempt at perfection this weekend after going 11-1 last week.

CP at San Jose State (FBS Mountain West)---The Mustangs had a really good showing at home last week in getting a well earned win. This week, they step up a notch and head to the Bay Area to play a team that had a short week to prepare. As if that means anything...San Jose State 34, CP 10.

EWU at Fresno State (FBS Mountain West)---The Eagles put on a good show last weekend against one of the heavies in all of FCS and feel good heading into this game against the FBS. However, the opponent got a good win last week and don't look like they want to slow down...Fresno State 38, EWU 14.

UI at Nevada (FBS Mountain West)---A typical game involving a good FCS team against a not so good FBS team usually means the FCS team will keep it interesting but will ultimately succumb. However, the Vandals actually have enough here to hold on and get a good win...UI 31, Nevada 28.

ISU at Utah State (FBS Mountain West)---Hard to think a loss would start some good thoughts going, but the Bengals looked decent against one of the Mountain West's top teams. They stay in that conference this week and play an easier team. Can they stick around again?...Utah State 24, ISU 13.

UM at Utah Tech (FCS United)---So the Grizzlies did come away with a win last week against an inferior opponent, but the score was closer than imagined. Now a game that should be easy, but after last week and on the road, it may have become more difficult...Utah Tech 28, UM 26.

MSU at South Dakota State (FCS Missouri Valley)---Last week showed the Bobcats are ready to take on all comers in their quest for a deep run this year. This week takes them into extreme hostile territory, playing one of the the heavies in all of FCS. A win would be huge...South Dakota State 31, MSU 28.

NAU at North Dakota (FCS Missouri Valley)---The Lumberjacks kept things interesting last week for a half at least. They will need to play a full game if they want a win this week. A formidable foe in a tough place to play may mean a win would be a tall order to achieve...North Dakota 28, NAU 14.

Incarnate Word (FCS Southland) at UNC---One of the two games being played in Big Sky territory, and the Bears are back from the Southland to take on another Southland team. This one, however, is a pretty good one that gave the FBS fits last week... Incarnate Word 31, UNC 17.

PSU at Wyoming (FBS Mountain West)---The Vikings knew that, even at their best, they were probably not going to get a win last week, and pointed to this week's game as a good chance to beat the FBS. But, that was before this FBS team knocked off the Big 12...Wyoming 38, PSU 10.

Texas A&M-Commerce (FCS Southland) at SAC---The Hornets emerged from Bayou country last week with a good road win, and now return home to face another Southland team. Being at home should be a relief for them, especially in their second Southland game...SAC 34, Texas A&M-Commerce 10.

UCD at Oregon State (FBS Pac-12)---The Aggies looked strong last week, picking up a solid win down on the Gulf shores against the Southland. All that has earned them a much shorter trip into Pac-12 land. Can they stay around long enough to get a win here?...Oregon State 35, UCD 20.

WSU at Northern Iowa (FCS Missouri Valley)---Last week, the Wildcats did what they wanted to do in dispatching a lower division team and not felt threatened in doing it. Now they venture out into a hostile place to play against a good team. Can they continue to win?..Northern Iowa 28, WSU 25.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: Big Sky Predictions 9-9

Post by SeattleGriz »

JALMOND wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 9:34 pm Its been one week and already I am out of an elimination game and I did not have a perfect week last week in what actually turned out to be an easy pickings week. I have another week to try to make up for it. All teams are playing this week and all but two teams are on the road. Here is my feeble attempt at perfection this weekend after going 11-1 last week.

CP at San Jose State (FBS Mountain West)---The Mustangs had a really good showing at home last week in getting a well earned win. This week, they step up a notch and head to the Bay Area to play a team that had a short week to prepare. As if that means anything...San Jose State 34, CP 10.

EWU at Fresno State (FBS Mountain West)---The Eagles put on a good show last weekend against one of the heavies in all of FCS and feel good heading into this game against the FBS. However, the opponent got a good win last week and don't look like they want to slow down...Fresno State 38, EWU 14.

UI at Nevada (FBS Mountain West)---A typical game involving a good FCS team against a not so good FBS team usually means the FCS team will keep it interesting but will ultimately succumb. However, the Vandals actually have enough here to hold on and get a good win...UI 31, Nevada 28.

ISU at Utah State (FBS Mountain West)---Hard to think a loss would start some good thoughts going, but the Bengals looked decent against one of the Mountain West's top teams. They stay in that conference this week and play an easier team. Can they stick around again?...Utah State 24, ISU 13.

UM at Utah Tech (FCS United)---So the Grizzlies did come away with a win last week against an inferior opponent, but the score was closer than imagined. Now a game that should be easy, but after last week and on the road, it may have become more difficult...Utah Tech 28, UM 26.

MSU at South Dakota State (FCS Missouri Valley)---Last week showed the Bobcats are ready to take on all comers in their quest for a deep run this year. This week takes them into extreme hostile territory, playing one of the the heavies in all of FCS. A win would be huge...South Dakota State 31, MSU 28.

NAU at North Dakota (FCS Missouri Valley)---The Lumberjacks kept things interesting last week for a half at least. They will need to play a full game if they want a win this week. A formidable foe in a tough place to play may mean a win would be a tall order to achieve...North Dakota 28, NAU 14.

Incarnate Word (FCS Southland) at UNC---One of the two games being played in Big Sky territory, and the Bears are back from the Southland to take on another Southland team. This one, however, is a pretty good one that gave the FBS fits last week... Incarnate Word 31, UNC 17.

PSU at Wyoming (FBS Mountain West)---The Vikings knew that, even at their best, they were probably not going to get a win last week, and pointed to this week's game as a good chance to beat the FBS. But, that was before this FBS team knocked off the Big 12...Wyoming 38, PSU 10.

Texas A&M-Commerce (FCS Southland) at SAC---The Hornets emerged from Bayou country last week with a good road win, and now return home to face another Southland team. Being at home should be a relief for them, especially in their second Southland game...SAC 34, Texas A&M-Commerce 10.

UCD at Oregon State (FBS Pac-12)---The Aggies looked strong last week, picking up a solid win down on the Gulf shores against the Southland. All that has earned them a much shorter trip into Pac-12 land. Can they stay around long enough to get a win here?...Oregon State 35, UCD 20.

WSU at Northern Iowa (FCS Missouri Valley)---Last week, the Wildcats did what they wanted to do in dispatching a lower division team and not felt threatened in doing it. Now they venture out into a hostile place to play against a good team. Can they continue to win?..Northern Iowa 28, WSU 25.
UI at Nevada. Old Big Sky foes. Nice.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
JALMOND
Level4
Level4

Post by JALMOND »

SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 5:30 pm
JALMOND wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 9:34 pm Its been one week and already I am out of an elimination game and I did not have a perfect week last week in what actually turned out to be an easy pickings week. I have another week to try to make up for it. All teams are playing this week and all but two teams are on the road. Here is my feeble attempt at perfection this weekend after going 11-1 last week.

Quite the football conference back then. Griz, Cats, Idaho, Boise, Nevada, Idaho State, Weber and NAU. :thumb:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

SJSU
FSU
Nevada
USU
UM
MSU
UND
UIW
Wyo
Sac State
OSU
UNI
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

EWU 17-52 FresnoEags continue to take their lumps

Portlol St. 10-31 WHHYYYY!!!??-omingThe Viks were terrible last week, but Wyoming only has 1 blowout win in 8 FCS games under Craig Bohl

Cal Poly 14-42 SJSUA needed reprieve for the Spartans

Davis 24-44 Oregon St.If only this Aggie team could play the Beavers from 2+ years ago

Commerce 10-44 Sac StateA dick-measuring contest for the Causeway…

Idaho 37-34 Nevada — First meeting in 12 years for these former conference rivals (in multiple conferences)

Idaho St. 21-47 Utah St.The Bengals played SDSU surprisingly tough; was it a fluke?

Weber 17-24 YunieThe Panthers didn't give Iowa State the usual scare (or upset) last week, but I'll still go with the UNI-Dome here

NAU 24-45 NoDakAre the 'Jacks better with all those transfers? We didn't see any evidence of it last week…

Montana 41-23 Utah Tech — Both of these teams looked worse than I expected last week :?

Montana St. 20-31 SoDak StateHave the Bobcats figured out some new wrinkles after last year's smothering in Brookings?

UIW 31-17 NoCo — Last year's Cardinals would've beaten UTEP, but I still doubt they've fallen far enough to lose in Greeley
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Mvemjsunpx wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 10:35 pm Davis 24-44 Oregon St.If only this Aggie team could play the Beavers from 2+ years ago
This Beaver team is good. Good enough to have a shot to win the last Pac12 championship.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

JALMOND wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 6:45 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 5:30 pm

Quite the football conference back then. Griz, Cats, Idaho, Boise, Nevada, Idaho State, Weber and NAU. :thumb:
Quite the golf conference as well. :mrgreen:

I used to go with the folks to road games at Nevada and Idaho back in the 80’s.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

So glad the Big Sky got on board with ESPN+. I have only missed a handful of Griz games throughout the years, but the ESPN+ option is by far the easiest.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
Vidav
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
A.K.A.: The Russian

Post by Vidav »

JALMOND wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 9:34 pm UM at Utah Tech (FCS United)---So the Grizzlies did come away with a win last week against an inferior opponent, but the score was closer than imagined. Now a game that should be easy, but after last week and on the road, it may have become more difficult...Utah Tech 28, UM 26.
What an absolutely silly take. A team with a new QB and new OC had to find its footing in the first game. I'm disappointed in you.
JALMOND
Level4
Level4

Post by JALMOND »

Vidav wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:55 pm
JALMOND wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 9:34 pm UM at Utah Tech (FCS United)---So the Grizzlies did come away with a win last week against an inferior opponent, but the score was closer than imagined. Now a game that should be easy, but after last week and on the road, it may have become more difficult...Utah Tech 28, UM 26.
What an absolutely silly take. A team with a new QB and new OC had to find its footing in the first game. I'm disappointed in you.
I'm disappointed in me too. :oops:
JALMOND
Level4
Level4

Post by JALMOND »

10-2 this week, 21-3 overall. Not off to a great start.
Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: WEBER STATE
A.K.A.: WILDCAT, WILDCATFAN

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

Go Weber State!

Way to prove everyone wrong :clap:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 3:52 pm
Mvemjsunpx wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 10:35 pm Davis 24-44 Oregon St.If only this Aggie team could play the Beavers from 2+ years ago
This Beaver team is good. Good enough to have a shot to win the last Pac12 championship.
Given the Pac12 implosion, no doubt OSU and Wazzu are playing with big chips on their shoulders. OSU should challenge for the last Pac12 title this season if they stay healthy.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Wildcat Ryan wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 12:51 pm Go Weber State!

Way to prove everyone wrong :clap:
Impressive road win. :nod: