Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Lance & Olson FCS ADA Players of the Year

Post by Gil Dobie »

Congrats!

Link

CLEVELAND - The Division I Football Championship Subdivision Athletics Directors Association (FCS ADA), in coordination with the 13 FCS conference offices, has selected Trey Lance, quarterback at North Dakota State University and Dante Olson, linebacker at the University of Montana as the 2019 FCS ADA Offensive and Defensive Players of the Year, respectively.

Lance and Olson will be recognized on Saturday, January 11, at the Division I FCS Championship at Toyota Stadium in Frisco, Texas. Both honorees will be presented with a plaque by current FCS ADA President and Director of Athletics at the University of Montana, Kent Haslam, during an on-field presentation.

Here is how Lance and Olson garnered FCS ADA Offensive and Defensive Player of the Year honors:

QB Trey Lance, Freshman, North Dakota State University
Lance earned the Missouri Valley Football Conference Offensive Player, Newcomer and Freshman of the Year honors this year. As the 2019 STATS FCS Jerry Rice Award winner, he is the league's first freshman to be named Offensive Player of the Year, and he is the fourth to sweep the Newcomer and Freshman of the Year awards. Lance has attempted 278 career passes without an interception, breaking the school record of 152. A 2019 Walter Payton Award finalist, Lance has led the Bison to a 15-0 record in his first year as a starter. He is 186-of-277 this season with 2,714 passing yards, 28 TDs and zero interceptions. The 2,714 passing yards and 28 TD passes are both school records for a NDSU freshman.

LB Dante Olson, Senior, University of Montana
The 2019 Big Sky Conference Defensive Player of the Year, Olson is a 2019 Buck Buchanan Award Finalist and a consensus First-Team All-American (AFCA, STATS, FCS ADA, Associated Press, HERO Sports and Walter Camp). Olson led the FCS in total tackles for the second-straight season after recording 179 total tackles in 2019, setting a Big Sky Conference record for most tackles in a single season. This year, he became Montana's all-time leading tackler with 397 career stops, breaking Vince Huntsberger's 2001 record of 393. The senior linebacker posted double-digit tackle totals in 10 of Montana's 14 games, with a season-high of 18 tackles twice.

Tune into the Division I FCS Championship game on Saturday, January 11, 2020 to watch #2 James Madison battle #1 North Dakota State at Toyota Stadium in Frisco, Texas. Kickoff is slated for noon ET on ABC.

About the FCS ADA: Now in its 26th year, the Football Championship Subdivision Athletics Directors Association's mission is to enhance Football Championship Subdivision football. For more information on the FCS ADA, please visit http://www.fcsada.com. The FCS ADA is administered by the National Association of Collegiate Directors of Athletics (NACDA), which is in its 55th year. For more information on NACDA and the 17 professional associations that fall under its umbrella, please visit http://www.nacda.com.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Lance & Olson FCS ADA Players of the Year

Post by 93henfan »

Do you have to have a disability to win the ADA award?
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Re: Lance & Olson FCS ADA Players of the Year

Post by SuperHornet »

93henfan wrote:Do you have to have a disability to win the ADA award?
:rofl:

This is the Athletic Directors Association....

And that said, this is bogus. Every MVP award, even the Heisman, should have gone to Kevin Thomson....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.