Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Jerome Souers Retiring… Sort of

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

"Souers will transition into a new role with the school."

https://azdailysun.com/news/local/jerom ... 9e13f.html

I assume Andy Thompson is the favorite to replace him, but you never know.

2019 will be the first Big Sky football season since 1985 to not have Souers as some level of coach.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Re: Jerome Souers Retiring… Sort of

Post by dbackjon »

Finally!
:thumb:
GrizFanStuckInUtah
Level3
Level3

Post by GrizFanStuckInUtah »

He certainly hasn't been starving in Flagstaff. ;)
-Go Griz!
-Class of '97
-Thank you to all our Veterans. :bow:
mtjack
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: NAU Lumberjacks!

Post by mtjack »

dbackjon wrote:Finally!
Thompson? Pflugrad #1? Pflugrad #2? Or something off the radar and out of the norm (hiring outside of the school/conference) for NAU? I don't have a read on the new A.D. and their view of the athletic department's direction yet.

NAU has only had two coaches since I started following them in 1991 - Steve Axman and Jerome Souers.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

mtjack wrote:
dbackjon wrote:Finally!
Thompson? Pflugrad #1? Pflugrad #2? Or something off the radar and out of the norm (hiring outside of the school/conference) for NAU? I don't have a read on the new A.D. and their view of the athletic department's direction yet.

NAU has only had two coaches since I started following them in 1991 - Steve Axman and Jerome Souers.
Robin Pflugrad should be an OC and not a head coach, IMO. He's also the same age as Souers.

One poster on eGriz floated the idea of NAU hiring Bob Stitt and Stitt bringing in Gresch Jensen. I doubt Jensen would go there, however, since Cookus has another year.
mtjack
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: NAU Lumberjacks!

Post by mtjack »

Mvemjsunpx wrote:
One poster on eGriz floated the idea of NAU hiring Bob Stitt and Stitt bringing in Gresch Jensen. I doubt Jensen would go there, however, since Cookus has another year.
Cookus hasn't announced what he's planning on doing after his shoulder surgery. It's not a given he's returning, if I read correctly? Then again, I don't live up there so I'm out of the loop.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

mtjack wrote:
Mvemjsunpx wrote:
Cookus hasn't announced what he's planning on doing after his shoulder surgery. It's not a given he's returning, if I read correctly? Then again, I don't live up there so I'm out of the loop.
Cookus is only a junior, so I assume he'd be back unless he's just giving the whole thing up.