Football Championship Subdivision discussions
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Big Sky Predictions 11-17

Post by JALMOND »

Rivalry week in the Big Sky and also the last weekend in conference play. The talk is how many teams will go to the playoffs. This week is make or break for many teams. Heading in to the last week I am sitting at 63-21. Even a perfect week (tough to do during rivalry week) I'll still fall short of 70 correct bur perfection would be great.

EWU at PSU---The Vikings have been playing well the second half of the season and regardless, they've usually played the Eagles tough. The Eagles regained control of the conference and do not want to risk giving that up with a loss here...EWU 38, PSU 31.

UI at Florida---The Vandals completed their conference slate last week with a ugly home loss to Montana. Their reward is to be cannon fodder for the mighty Florida team from the fearsome SEC conference. At lease the weather should be great...Florida 49, UI 10.

MSU at UM---The Brawl of the Wild and both teams are playing well coming in to it. To add some mystique, the winner may be in line to receive a playoff spot. For both the Bobcats and the Grizzlies, that is remarkable considering how the season has gone...MSU 28, UM 24.

North Dakota at NAU---The Lumberjacks are reeling and beat up, have been for awhile now. But they are still rather dangerous and playing for pride. They could end North Dakota's playoff hopes with a home win. That sounds great but will it happen?...North Dakota 24, NAU 17.

SAC at UCD---Wildfires have put this game in jeopardy. The Hornets would probably want to pack it in while the Aggies would love to play. Playoff hopes on the line for the Aggies if they do play although it is assumed they are in already...UCD 48, SAC 14.

SUU at CP---The Mustangs came through with a big home win last week and have been looking better at the end of the season. The Thunderbirds, however, have been competitive but can't seem to get the win. The Mustangs are riding high and want to end on a positive note...CP 31, SUU 21.

WSU at ISU---The Bengals playoff hopes took a serious hit last weekend, to the point that they probably have to win this game to make the playoffs. The Wildcats should be in but they don't want to leave any doubt in the eyes of the committee...ISU 40, WSU 28.
Vidav
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: The Russian

Re: Big Sky Predictions 11-17

Post by Vidav »

JALMOND wrote:Rivalry week in the Big Sky and also the last weekend in conference play. The talk is how many teams will go to the playoffs. This week is make or break for many teams. Heading in to the last week I am sitting at 63-21. Even a perfect week (tough to do during rivalry week) I'll still fall short of 70 correct bur perfection would be great.

EWU at PSU---The Vikings have been playing well the second half of the season and regardless, they've usually played the Eagles tough. The Eagles regained control of the conference and do not want to risk giving that up with a loss here...EWU 38, PSU 31.

UI at Florida---The Vandals completed their conference slate last week with a ugly home loss to Montana. Their reward is to be cannon fodder for the mighty Florida team from the fearsome SEC conference. At lease the weather should be great...Florida 49, UI 10.

MSU at UM---The Brawl of the Wild and both teams are playing well coming in to it. To add some mystique, the winner may be in line to receive a playoff spot. For both the Bobcats and the Grizzlies, that is remarkable considering how the season has gone...MSU 28, UM 24.

North Dakota at NAU---The Lumberjacks are reeling and beat up, have been for awhile now. But they are still rather dangerous and playing for pride. They could end North Dakota's playoff hopes with a home win. That sounds great but will it happen?...North Dakota 24, NAU 17.

SAC at UCD---Wildfires have put this game in jeopardy. The Hornets would probably want to pack it in while the Aggies would love to play. Playoff hopes on the line for the Aggies if they do play although it is assumed they are in already...UCD 48, SAC 14.

SUU at CP---The Mustangs came through with a big home win last week and have been looking better at the end of the season. The Thunderbirds, however, have been competitive but can't seem to get the win. The Mustangs are riding high and want to end on a positive note...CP 31, SUU 21.

WSU at ISU---The Bengals playoff hopes took a serious hit last weekend, to the point that they probably have to win this game to make the playoffs. The Wildcats should be in but they don't want to leave any doubt in the eyes of the committee...ISU 40, WSU 28.
You shut your mouth! :tothehand:
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

Vidav wrote:
JALMOND wrote:Rivalry week in the Big Sky and also the last weekend in conference play. The talk is how many teams will go to the playoffs. This week is make or break for many teams. Heading in to the last week I am sitting at 63-21. Even a perfect week (tough to do during rivalry week) I'll still fall short of 70 correct bur perfection would be great.

This. Jalmond still determined to see the Griz fail even after finally getting a win in Missoula. :ohno:
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

Friday

EWU 38-27 Portland St. — The Viks haven't beaten Eastern at home since 2008; will Hillsboro be different?

Saturday

Suutah 28-42 Cal PolyJoe Protheroe should get Big Sky MVP simply for making it to the end of the season alive

Sac 17-48 DavisHornet fans are hoping for a cancellation so the Aggies will be denied a Big Sky title

Weber 34-30 Idaho St. — The Bengals could actually make the playoffs for the first time in 35 years

NoDak 31-17 NAU — The Skydome is dangerous, but what's left of the Lumberjack QB stable isn't

Montana St. 24-26 MontanaThe Griz will win because neither of these teams deserves to be in the playoffs

Idalol 7-52 Floreida French FriesI bet Paul Petrino is regretting that contract extension right about now :?
Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: WEBER STATE
A.K.A.: WILDCAT, WILDCATFAN

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

So does Weber throw like 4 pick sixes? I understand ISU has a pretty good offense, but 40 points on that defense? The same defense that held Eastern Washington to 6 points? I guess anything can happen, but........but 40 points?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Grizalltheway wrote:
Vidav wrote:
This. Jalmond still determined to see the Griz fail even after finally getting a win in Missoula. :ohno:

Worry not. Nothing warms my heart more than J and Mvem picking against the Eags 69.3 % of the time.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

EWU 49, PSU 17
Gators 70, Idalol 0
Griz 56, Kitties 10
Sioux 17, NAU 6
Manure Pile 31, Hornets 17 (Though it pains me to say it....)
Cow Poly 21, SUU 3
BBQ 63, ISU 13

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

Eagles sink the Vikings
Griz feast on the Bobcats
Lumberjacks beat up Sioux
Aggies exterminate Hornets
Mustangs trample T Birds
Gators chomp Vandals
Bengals edge Wildcats

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
JALMOND
Level4
Level4

Post by JALMOND »

css75 wrote:Eagles sink the Vikings
Griz feast on the Bobcats
Lumberjacks beat up Sioux
Aggies exterminate Hornets
Mustangs trample T Birds
Gators chomp Vandals
Bengals edge Wildcats

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I gave you a bone (ISU over Weber). Thought you may return the favor. :lol:

:thumb:
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

(wrong thread)
grizzaholic
One Man Wolfpack
One Man Wolfpack
I am a fan of: Hodgdon
A.K.A.: Random Mailer

Post by grizzaholic »

Mvemjsunpx wrote:(wrong thread)
Mvemjsunpx, you can post bikini's in any thread you want. The MOD here are usually napping in the sun. ;)
"What I'm saying is: You might have taken care of your wolf problem, but everyone around town is going to think of you as the crazy son of a bitch who bought land mines to get rid of wolves."

Justin Halpern
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

grizzaholic wrote:
Mvemjsunpx wrote:(wrong thread)
Mvemjsunpx, you can post bikini's in any thread you want. The MOD here are usually napping in the sun. ;)
Except it was a bobcat in a bikini. :? :oops:
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Computer Predictions

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

EWU @ PSU
Spread - Eagles by 20.5
Sagarin - Eagles by 21
Massey - Eagles by 17

SUU @ CP
Spread - 'Stangs by 11.5
Sagarin - 'Stangs by 8
Massey - 'Stangs by 13

SAC @ UCD (for now)
Spread - Aggies by 23
Sagarin - Aggies by 23
Massey - Aggies by 28

WEB @ ISU
Spread - Wildcats by 3.5
Sagarin - Wildcats by 6
Massey - Wildcats by 3

UND @ NAU
Spread - F-Hawks by 7
Sagarin - F-Hawks by 6
Massey - F-Hawks by 7

MSU @ UMT
Spread - Griz by 8
Sagarin - Griz by 5
Massey - Griz by 4

IDA @ UF
Spread - Gators by 40
Sagarin - Gators by 37
Massey - Gators by 38
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

Causeway Classic moved to Reno, 12:00 PM PST

https://ucdavisaggies.com/news/2018/11/ ... h=football

I'm not sure why they couldn't play it later in the day since Nevada's on the road this week.
JALMOND
Level4
Level4

Post by JALMOND »

5-2 to close the season. 68-23 overall.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Final Regular-Season Standings

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

• 1. Weber State_______________7-1_____9-2_____W6
    2. Eastern Washington_______7-1_____9-2_____W4
    3. UC Davis _________________7-1_____9-2_____W1
    4. Idaho State _______________5-3_____6-5_____L2
    5. Montana State_____________5-3_____7-4_____W3
    6. Montana __________________4-4_____6-5_____L1
    7. Cal Poly___________________4-4_____5-6_____W2
    --North Dakota _____________4-4_____6-5_____L1
    8. Northern Arizona _________3-4_____4-6_____W1
    9. Idaho _____________________3-5_____4-7_____L1/L2
    10.Portland State_____________3-5_____4-7_____L3
    11.Northern Colorado________2-6_____2-9_____L2
    12.Southern Utah ____________1-7_____1-10____L5
    13.Sacramento State _________0-7_____2-8_____L7

Weber beat EWU, who beat Davis, thus breaking the 7-1 tie & giving Weber the auto-bid.
ISU beat MSU.
Montana beat Cal Poly.
Idaho beat PSU.