Gage Gubrud Done

Football Championship Subdivision discussions
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Gage Gubrud Done

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

He's officially out for the season, meaning it's the end of his career since he's a senior. He apparently practiced with the ones in pads Tuesday (that's why I thought he'd play this week), but everyone then decided he should get the surgery.

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2018/o ... quarterba/
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Re: Gage Gubrud Done

Post by AZGrizFan »

Well that sucks.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Sucks, played 1 game too many this year.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Great career. He had a shot at Matt Nichols career passing record (I know...playoffs weren’t counted for Supee Dave). He had one of the all-time greatest seasons in EWU history in 2016. From Goeags.com:

His record-breaking season included the NCAA Football Championship Subdivision record for passing yards with 5,160. In all, he broke three FCS records, seven Big Sky Conference marks and 19 EWU records. He finished with 48 touchdown passes and a Big Sky record of 5,766 yards of total offense, and was also the team’s leading rusher with 606 yards and five more scores.

With Gage I think we would have beat Weber and be staring a 2-4 seed in the face.

On the hopeful side, this defense is giving up less than 16 ppg against Big Sky opponents and the offense is averaging 255 ypg on the ground for 11th in FCS as of last week. Schedule has been relatively easy but still better numbers than 2010. Barriere has a cannon for an arm and if he can learn to pull it back or is allowed to on the RPO he’s good enough to make a deep run with this offense and defense.
Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: WEBER STATE
A.K.A.: WILDCAT, WILDCATFAN

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

kalm wrote:Great career. He had a shot at Matt Nichols career passing record (I know...playoffs weren’t counted for Supee Dave). He had one of the all-time greatest seasons in EWU history in 2016. From Goeags.com:

His record-breaking season included the NCAA Football Championship Subdivision record for passing yards with 5,160. In all, he broke three FCS records, seven Big Sky Conference marks and 19 EWU records. He finished with 48 touchdown passes and a Big Sky record of 5,766 yards of total offense, and was also the team’s leading rusher with 606 yards and five more scores.

With Gage I think we would have beat Weber and be staring a 2-4 seed in the face.

On the hopeful side, this defense is giving up less than 16 ppg against Big Sky opponents and the offense is averaging 255 ypg on the ground for 11th in FCS as of last week. Schedule has been relatively easy but still better numbers than 2010. Barriere has a cannon for an arm and if he can learn to pull it back or is allowed to on the RPO he’s good enough to make a deep run with this offense and defense.
Maybe, maybe not. Weber did beat Gubrud in Cheney last year afterall while holding EWU to their 3rd lowest point total of that year

Regardless, this sucks. Kid is a great athlete and competitor. Lucky for Eastern the kid they got playing now is also very talented.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

By the way, the Griz are DONE too....fyi.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

Is there no chance of a medical redshirt?

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

AZGrizFan wrote:By the way, the Griz are DONE too....fyi.

I watched the high (low) lights of that game. Everyone is complaining about the OL, but the secondary and tackling are bad for the griz
:thumb:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

SuperHornet wrote:Is there no chance of a medical redshirt?
It doesn’t sound like it as he played in 5 games and would have to prove the injury occurred earlier in the season.