Football Championship Subdivision discussions
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Big Sky Predictions - Week 8

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

Davis 31-21 Cal Poly — Could be a trap game, but Davis's run D has been solid

NoDak 35-27 Sac — In conference play, Sac has only scored 1 second-half touchdown

Suutah 24-27 IdahoIdaho has played 6 games and they've forced a whopping 1 turnover :?

Montana St. 10-20 WeberWeber is a top-10 team despite converting only 19.8% of their third downs :? :lol:

NAU 31-20 NoCo — It sounds like Cookus is still out, but the Bears' O-line is just too terrible

Idaho St. 24-35 Falwell St.This is winnable for the Bengals, but the Flames' home-field advantage is formidable
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Re: Big Sky Predictions - Week 8

Post by dbackjon »

Davis
NoDak
Idaho
Weber
NAU
Idaho State
:thumb:
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Post by JALMOND »

I'm currently sitting at 44-14 so far for the year and still have not had a perfect week. Maybe with Portland State off I can get perfection this time. Hopefully I don't go the other way and pick all losers. Here are this week's picks for the Big Sky. Hoping for perfection

ISU at Liberty (FBS Independent)---After their heartbreaking loss at Davis last week, the Bengals head across the country and make a step up to the FBS. They should win, but, well, they should win...ISU 38, Liberty 34.

MSU at WSU---The conference game of the week. The Bobcats coming off a close win at home to Idaho, head to face the Wildcats in their tough home. The Wildcats are feeling good after grounding the high flying Eagle attack...WSU 21, MSU 16.

NAU at UNC---The Lumberjacks are beginning to feel good about themselves whether or not Cookus comes back. The Bears have had a hard go at it this whole season. They have to think things will improve but they need to work on their luck first...NAU 35, UNC 17

North Dakota at SAC---Speaking of luck, the Hornets need to find some themselves in order to get a win. Conference wins have been tough to come by and they get the hot and cold Hawks team to come to town. Can this finally be their chance?...SAC 28, North Dakota 23.

SUU at UI---The Thunderbirds finally broke through and got a hard victory last week at the hands of Sacramento State. The Vandals came so close to getting a huge road win at Montana State, and they may have finally turned the corner...UI 28, SUU 17.

UCD at CP---The Aggies earned respect and admiration after their comeback win last week. Could they possibly suffer a letdown on the road to the Mustangs who have had two weeks to prepare for their rival? Maybe a small one but nothing to worry...UCD 38, CP 28.
Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: WEBER STATE
A.K.A.: WILDCAT, WILDCATFAN

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

Idaho State Bengals @ Liberty Flames: This is the first ever meeting.

Very strange to have a OOC game during the 8th week of the season. Idaho State was in complete control of their game vs Davis last weekend up 37-22 with 13:35 left in the game. Davis would then go on to score 15 straight points in regulation and win in overtime. The Bengals are angry and will go into their game against FBS Indy Liberty who is 3-3 on the season. Idaho State has the talent to win this game and motivation from their game last weekend. However, flying across the country and the early kickoff comes out to Bite the Bengals here.

FLAMES 44-35

Northern Arizona Lumberjacks @ Northern Colorado Bears: NAU leads series 15-3 and has won 1 straight.

Northern Colorado needs to learn how to play 4 quarters. They cannot continue to get so far behind in the first qtr. and then use the entire 4th to play catch up. NAU supposedly is still without Cookus. If NAU can keep themselves from turning the ball over a bunch they should easily walk out of Greeley with a win.

LUMBERJACKS 50-28

Southern Utah Thunderbirds @ Idaho Vandals: Idaho leads series 1-0

A game of two teams who's seasons are basically over. "But Ryan Idaho only has 4 losses they can still win out and make the playoffs". Yes it's true Idaho only has 4 losses and they could win out their FCS games and be 6-4 going into their final game. Unfortunately their final game is @ Florida...so yeah at least 5 losses on the season and staying home for the playoffs. Not to mention winning their last 4 FCS games is not very likely. Southern Utah got their first win last weekend against surprisingly reeling Sacramento State, unfortunately I don't expect SUU's winning streak to last very long.

VANDALS 28-24

Montana State @ Weber State: Montana State leads series 30-22-1, but Weber State has won 2 straight.

Offense? We don't need no stinking offense. Defense, give us more defense. Well that's exactly what we are going to get this weekend in Ogden when two old rivals meet up. The winner of this game is going to be the team that Out-defenses the other. Weber State did a great job of shutting down the explosive offense that Eastern Washington usually displays. Lucky for them cause they couldn't move the ball worth a crap. Montana State on the other hand narrowly missed getting upset by Idaho in Bozeman thanks in part to a missed PAT for Idaho. Montana State who doesn't really have a QB to speak of loves to run the football. Unfortunately for them, Weber is very good at stopping the run.

WILDCATS 19-14

UC Davis Aggies @ Cal Poly Mustangs: UC Davis leads the series 21-20-2 and has won 1 straight.

Who doesn't love a good rivalry game? Most of the time they are the games that turn out the strangest outcomes resulting in some of the most entertaining games. Cal Poly has struggled of late but they have the talent to make this one interesting. Davis fresh off a scare from Idaho State looks to keep their unbeaten Big Sky record alive, but they are traveling to unfriendly territory and in this conference...Any Given Saturday.

AGGIES 34-28

North Dakota Fighting Hawks @ Sacramento State Hornets: North Dakota leads the series 3-2 but Sac are winners of 1 straight.

Can anyone tell me what happened to Sacramento State??? They showed so much promise at the start of the season and have just died. What Happened? North Dakota however is coming off a HUGE win against Bobby's Griz. The Hawks winners of two straight look to keep their momentum going as Sacramento State just wants to get in the Big Sky win column. Interesting Stat for this series...The Road team has won the last 4. Look for that trend to continue this weekend.

HAWKS 34-20
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Computer Predictions

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

UCD @ CP
Spread - Aggies by 11
Sagarin - Aggies by 11
Massey - Aggies by 7

UND @ SAC
Spread - F-Hawks by 10.5
Sagarin - F-Hawks by 8
Massey - F-Hawks by 7

SUU @ IDA
Spread - Vandals by 2.5
Sagarin - Vandals by 1
Massey - Vandals by 6

MSU @ WEB
Spread - Wildcats by 11
Sagarin - Wildcats by 13
Massey - Wildcats by 14

NAU @ UNC
Spread - 'Jacks by 12
Sagarin - 'Jacks by 12
Massey - 'Jacks by 8

ISU @ LIB
Spread - Flames by 6.5
Sagarin - Flames by 4
Massey - Flames by 3
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

Im late but I would have picked the following

Cal Davis
UND
SUU
Weber St
UNC
ISU

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
JALMOND
Level4
Level4

Post by JALMOND »

JALMOND wrote:I'm currently sitting at 44-14 so far for the year and still have not had a perfect week. Maybe with Portland State off I can get perfection this time. Hopefully I don't go the other way and pick all losers. Here are this week's picks for the Big Sky. Hoping for perfection

ISU at Liberty (FBS Independent)---After their heartbreaking loss at Davis last week, the Bengals head across the country and make a step up to the FBS. They should win, but, well, they should win...ISU 38, Liberty 34.

MSU at WSU---The conference game of the week. The Bobcats coming off a close win at home to Idaho, head to face the Wildcats in their tough home. The Wildcats are feeling good after grounding the high flying Eagle attack...WSU 21, MSU 16.

NAU at UNC---The Lumberjacks are beginning to feel good about themselves whether or not Cookus comes back. The Bears have had a hard go at it this whole season. They have to think things will improve but they need to work on their luck first...NAU 35, UNC 17

North Dakota at SAC---Speaking of luck, the Hornets need to find some themselves in order to get a win. Conference wins have been tough to come by and they get the hot and cold Hawks team to come to town. Can this finally be their chance?...SAC 28, North Dakota 23.

SUU at UI---The Thunderbirds finally broke through and got a hard victory last week at the hands of Sacramento State. The Vandals came so close to getting a huge road win at Montana State, and they may have finally turned the corner...UI 28, SUU 17.

UCD at CP---The Aggies earned respect and admiration after their comeback win last week. Could they possibly suffer a letdown on the road to the Mustangs who have had two weeks to prepare for their rival? Maybe a small one but nothing to worry...UCD 38, CP 28.
3-3 this week, puts me at 47-17 for the year.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post-Week-8 Standings

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

• 1. UC Davis _________________4-0_____6-1_____W4
    2. Weber State_______________3-1_____5-2_____W2
    3. Idaho State _______________3-1_____4-3_____L1/L2
    4. Eastern Washington_______3-1_____5-2_____L1
    --North Dakota _____________3-1_____5-2_____W3
    5. Montana State_____________2-2_____4-3_____L1
    6. Portland State_____________2-2_____3-4_____W2
    7. Northern Arizona _________2-2_____3-4_____L1
    8. Montana __________________2-2_____4-3_____L2
    9. Idaho______________________2-3_____3-4_____W1
    10.Southern Utah ____________1-3_____1-6_____L1
    11.Cal Poly___________________1-3_____2-5_____L1
    12.Northern Colorado________1-4_____1-7_____W1
    13.Sacramento State _________0-4_____2-5_____L4

Weber beat EWU, the only matchup between the 3-1 teams.
MSU beat PSU, who beat Montana; PSU then beats NAU on common games against NoCo (I assume a 1-1 H2H record is considered "tied" with an 0-0 one).
SUU beats Cal Poly on Sagarins.
JALMOND
Level4
Level4

Re: Post-Week-8 Standings

Post by JALMOND »

Mvemjsunpx wrote:
  • 1. UC Davis _________________4-0_____6-1_____W4
    2. Weber State_______________3-1_____5-2_____W2
    3. Idaho State _______________3-1_____4-3_____L1/L2
    4. Eastern Washington_______3-1_____5-2_____L1
    --North Dakota _____________3-1_____5-2_____W3
    5. Montana State_____________2-2_____4-3_____L1
    6. Portland State_____________2-2_____3-4_____W2
    7. Northern Arizona _________2-2_____3-4_____L1
    8. Montana __________________2-2_____4-3_____L2
    9. Idaho______________________2-3_____3-4_____W1
    10.Southern Utah ____________1-3_____1-6_____L1
    11.Cal Poly___________________1-3_____2-5_____L1
    12.Northern Colorado________1-4_____1-7_____W1
    13.Sacramento State _________0-4_____2-5_____L4

Weber beat EWU, the only matchup between the 3-1 teams.
MSU beat PSU, who beat Montana; PSU then beats NAU on common games against NoCo (I assume a 1-1 H2H record is considered "tied" with an 0-0 one).
SUU beats Cal Poly on Sagarins.
So this weekend, what if:

1. NAU beats Poly
2. Idaho upsets EWU
3. MSU gets by ISU
4. PSU wins at Sac State
5. Montana beats Davis in Missoula
6. Weber loses at North Dakota

Davis 4-1
Weber 3-2
EWU 3-2
ISU 3-2
MSU 3-2
UM 3-2
PSU 3-2
NAU 3-2
Idaho 3-3

Crazy stuff, for sure.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

If BBQ-EWU is the only meeting of the 3-1s, then how do the Bungles (4-3 overall) get the nod over EWU (5-2 overall)? Sagarins? If that's the case, then dump the Sagarins. The Bungles can't beat EWU in a zillion years....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

SuperHornet wrote:If BBQ-EWU is the only meeting of the 3-1s, then how do the Bungles (4-3 overall) get the nod over EWU (5-2 overall)? Sagarins? If that's the case, then dump the Sagarins. The Bungles can't beat EWU in a zillion years....
Weber is 1-0, ISU is 0-0, EWU is 0-1.
Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: WEBER STATE
A.K.A.: WILDCAT, WILDCATFAN

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

SuperHornet wrote:If BBQ-EWU is the only meeting of the 3-1s, then how do the Bungles (4-3 overall) get the nod over EWU (5-2 overall)? Sagarins? If that's the case, then dump the Sagarins. The Bungles can't beat EWU in a zillion years....

Nobody thought Weber would beat Eastern........Thats why they play the game :thumb:
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

Wildcat Ryan wrote:

Nobody thought Weber would beat Eastern........Thats why they play the game :thumb:
It wasn't at all shocking with Gubrud out, really.